WTEN new set

TheFizzle21

I will also mention they have talent bumps again for the first time in around 14 years. They look hideous IMO - still shots of the anchors in front of the new set. The way I see it, Linear Drift is good at graphics but not at talent shots. I kinda WISH they used WISH’s shots:

9 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

I will also mention they have talent bumps again for the first time in around 14 years. They look hideous IMO - still shots of the anchors in front of the new set. The way I see it, Linear Drift is good at graphics but not at talent shots.

I clearly remember them doing talent rejoins earlier this decade, after going HD but before MG put in the Scripps ripoff graphics.

Your take on Linear Drift and talent shots is right on money, WNYT's talent bumps are only narrowly more animated than WTEN's are.

13 minutes ago, MikeBucc said:

Also they totally changed the WXXA logo it looks terrible compared to the original. 🤷🏼‍♂️

EEA4DB74-0DAF-4C49-9017-CACE2DFB7201.jpeg

As long lasting as the old logo was, it did not age well at all and really should've been put out to pasture back years ago. I'm surprised that Young didn't change it when they took over from Newport.

This reminds me a little of the first logo after Clear Channel took over:

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/WXXA-TV?file=WXXA_1995.jpg

18 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

I will also mention they have talent bumps again for the first time in around 14 years. They look hideous IMO - still shots of the anchors in front of the new set. The way I see it, Linear Drift is good at graphics but not at talent shots. I kinda WISH they used WISH’s shots:

The least they could’ve done with the WISH talent open is made sure the talent is wearing the same clothes in both shots. At least 2 of the 4 aren’t. It’s really not that hard. Clearly they just grabbed file art instead of expending the effort to put forth a quality product. 

Archived