WTEN new set

TheFizzle21

I believe you are right on the new logo. They are working on this new set the same time WATE in Knoxville is working on theirs. But, it will be interesting to see who will debut their new set first. All I can tell you is this: Only time will tell.

21 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

O.... M.... G....

Cant wait till the guys on YT hound me to update my WTEN compilation.

I hope this change will be for the better. I hate their current logo, always have.

By "current" do you mean "the overglossed Young vintage 2011 logo" or "the basic logo they've had in some form since 1986"?

If you mean the former, I totally agree.

1 hour ago, scrabbleship said:

By "current" do you mean "the overglossed Young vintage 2011 logo" or "the basic logo they've had in some form since 1986"?

If you mean the former, I totally agree.

Former (from 2011).

On 3/27/2019 at 12:38 PM, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

I believe you are right on the new logo. They are working on this new set the same time WATE in Knoxville is working on theirs. But, it will be interesting to see who will debut their new set first. All I can tell you is this: Only time will tell.

WATE set looks nice! 

55744457_2856716017694368_18121575123386

On 4/2/2019 at 11:38 PM, brb588 said:

The "ABC" part of the logo is ungainly large.

Pretty sure ABC put a mandate out a few years ago that the ABC be as prominent as possible or have certain dimensions relative to everything else in a logo

16 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

Pretty sure ABC put a mandate out a few years ago that the ABC be as prominent as possible or have certain dimensions relative to everything else in a logo

The ABC logo appearing in KOCO's logo is slightly smaller than this. For WATE, it would have worked better if they placed the logo on the bottom right side of the "circle 6".

15 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

WKRN would be one of those. 

Back to the WTEN set... is it near completion? 

On 4/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, Breaking News said:

Good for WTEN!  Remember when WKRN, WTEN had those horrible Young Broadcasting HD sets?  Even though Adam Young, bankrupt he own company.  Young wasn't a bad company.

Compared to what it replaced (the 2000-11 set which came with the VDO WJBK/WMTW opens they used to death), it was an improvement.

Did it age well versus that set? Even after Media General did some cosmetic work - replacing the Young-era projection screen with a video wall as seen in this thread - I can easily say no.

7 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

Compared to what it replaced (the 2000-11 set which came with the VDO WJBK/WMTW opens they used to death), it was an improvement.

Did it age well versus that set? Even after Media General did some cosmetic work - replacing the Young-era projection screen with a video wall as seen in this thread - I can easily say no.

That 2000-11 set seem to look really big! It had all that space and more.  Maybe it was the camera angles, and those Young-era projection screens were crap!   Tsk, tsk, tsk! Young Broadcasting RIP :)

• 2 weeks later...

New studio looks nice and I'm sure it's an improvement for WTEN but I can't help but get the temporary set vibe from it, at least from the video in the previous post. I understand the corner thing but it looks like they're actually in a corner, and the fact that the anchors appear to be so close to the background doesn't help. Feels cramped to me. Those "Your Local News Leader" banners look like something you'd throw on some remote set...  They're not even backlit.

I do like the desk. Some stations slap a TV screen on the front of the desk and call it a day, which looks pathetic. This is not that and looks nice.

Perhaps I need to see more but I'm not terribly impressed with what I see on this page.

Archived