Voice Actor Chris Corley Dead

• CircleSeven changed the title to Voice Actor Chris Corley Dead

Ugh.

A shock to us in the moment, but it does explain in hindsight why a couple of stations flipped away from him recently. There's no way you can take on a workload like he did and still fight that kind of fight.

Fuck cancer.

15 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

RIP Chris Corley and Godspeed. Say hello to Doug Paul, Chris Clausen, Brian James, Nick Michaels and Gary Owens for all of us.

Don't forget "In a world..." Don LaFontaine

On 3/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, Casey Buck said:

Damn; this is a huge blow to the voiceover industry. KPTV has used him ever since they became a FOX affiliate in 2002.

Yeah, I noticed KPTV had been using a few different new voiceover artists in promos over the past months. Last Monday I was a bit surprised to hear a new voice for their newscast voiceovers and I was going to come on here to post about it as I wondered why. But it took me a few days to get around to it and then I saw this post. Now I know. 

I really liked Chris Corley and associate his voice so much with KPTV and FOX. While he will be missed, I know there are plenty of other good options out there, and unfortunately I don't like the new voice KPTV chose. Sounds stale and too old for the type of style/audience KPTV goes for. Anybody recognize it? (I don't keep up with voiceover people so maybe it an obvious one)

3 hours ago, PTVNews said:

Yeah, I noticed KPTV had been using a few different new voiceover artists in promos over the past months. Last Monday I was a bit surprised to hear a new voice for their newscast voiceovers and I was going to come on here to post about it as I wondered why. But it took me a few days to get around to it and then I saw this post. Now I know. 

I really liked Chris Corley and associate his voice so much with KPTV and FOX. While he will be missed, I know there are plenty of other good options out there, and unfortunately I don't like the new voice KPTV chose. Sounds stale and too old for the type of style/audience KPTV goes for. Anybody recognize it? (I don't keep up with voiceover people so maybe it an obvious one)

Mark Peeples is the voiceover here. Replacing longtime voiceovers while getting replaced at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, J1975am said:

Chris Corley had been the V/O for newscasts on KLFY in Lafayette since at least 2016, before Nexstar took over. Not sure who they will use going forward; I'm pretty sure they will continue to use Corley's voice for the time being. 

Pat Garrett did serve as the V/O for KLFY's newscasts in the late 2000s up until 2012, when the V/Os were (I think) done in-house. Not sure if Garrett's style would mesh well with the station currently. Which begs the question: Do any Nexstar stations use local, or in-house, V/Os for their newscast???

Garrett is being used on sister station KOLR since 2009 and they have the same graphics as KLFY.

Archived