Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
mposeymil

Voice Actor Chris Corley Dead

Recommended Posts

Noted affiliate and radio voice actor Chris Corely has passed away. No details yet, but this is a sad blow to our community. Updates will come as soon as I get them.

635977936134600559-GR-FacesChris06.jpeg

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, VHS2004 said:

Why have we lost so many voiceover artists in the last ten years? 

It's a curse. I just know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

 

It's a curse. I just know it.

 

Maybe we should put Jim Cutler, Charlie Van Dyke, and Bill Ratner in bubble wrap suits.

Edited by Georgie56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

 

Maybe we should put Jim Cutler, Charlie Van Dyke, and Bill Ratner in bubble wrap suits.

Don't forget about John French, Paul Turner, and Eric Gordon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.

 

A shock to us in the moment, but it does explain in hindsight why a couple of stations flipped away from him recently. There's no way you can take on a workload like he did and still fight that kind of fight.

Fuck cancer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Chris Corley and Godspeed. Say hello to Doug Paul, Chris Clausen, Brian James, Nick Michaels and Gary Owens for all of us.

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember hearing his great voice on WTOV9 in the early to mid 2000s. May he rest in peace...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

RIP Chris Corley and Godspeed. Say hello to Doug Paul, Chris Clausen, Brian James, Nick Michaels and Gary Owens for all of us.

Don't forget "In a world..." Don LaFontaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, Casey Buck said:

Damn; this is a huge blow to the voiceover industry. KPTV has used him ever since they became a FOX affiliate in 2002.

 

Yeah, I noticed KPTV had been using a few different new voiceover artists in promos over the past months. Last Monday I was a bit surprised to hear a new voice for their newscast voiceovers and I was going to come on here to post about it as I wondered why. But it took me a few days to get around to it and then I saw this post. Now I know. 

 

I really liked Chris Corley and associate his voice so much with KPTV and FOX. While he will be missed, I know there are plenty of other good options out there, and unfortunately I don't like the new voice KPTV chose. Sounds stale and too old for the type of style/audience KPTV goes for. Anybody recognize it? (I don't keep up with voiceover people so maybe it an obvious one)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PTVNews said:

 

Yeah, I noticed KPTV had been using a few different new voiceover artists in promos over the past months. Last Monday I was a bit surprised to hear a new voice for their newscast voiceovers and I was going to come on here to post about it as I wondered why. But it took me a few days to get around to it and then I saw this post. Now I know. 

 

I really liked Chris Corley and associate his voice so much with KPTV and FOX. While he will be missed, I know there are plenty of other good options out there, and unfortunately I don't like the new voice KPTV chose. Sounds stale and too old for the type of style/audience KPTV goes for. Anybody recognize it? (I don't keep up with voiceover people so maybe it an obvious one)

 

 

 

Mark Peeples is the voiceover here. Replacing longtime voiceovers while getting replaced at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J1975am said:

Chris Corley had been the V/O for newscasts on KLFY in Lafayette since at least 2016, before Nexstar took over. Not sure who they will use going forward; I'm pretty sure they will continue to use Corley's voice for the time being. 

 

Pat Garrett did serve as the V/O for KLFY's newscasts in the late 2000s up until 2012, when the V/Os were (I think) done in-house. Not sure if Garrett's style would mesh well with the station currently. Which begs the question: Do any Nexstar stations use local, or in-house, V/Os for their newscast???

Garrett is being used on sister station KOLR since 2009 and they have the same graphics as KLFY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.