Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
east-tx-tv

2019-20 Syndication News

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Asomrjsurf said:

Where does Clarkson go in KC.

KMBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Big 4 stations will all have some vacancies to fill this fall. Outside of the Feud on KOKI, 3pm is gonna look a bit different.

- KOTV loses Millionaire at 3p.

- KJRH will likely put Kelly Clarkson at 3p to replace Pickler & Ben.

- KTUL loses Steve at 3p.

- KOKI loses both Face the Truth at 1p and Page Six TV at 2:30p.

Still not sure where Tamron Hall is going to end up, I kinda think KTUL is the most likely choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In Cleveland, WUAB may have room to reinstate its 7am newscast because Face the Truth and Steve are both going bye-bye. WEWS will likely gun for Tamron Hall, especially since they're losing Pickler and Ben and Millionaire, with Right This Minute likely moving to 12:30pm.

Edited by NEOMatrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WKYC is airing Kelly Clarkson's show.  They just did an interview with her this past week.

 

Other than that, how is the rest of the Cleveland market looking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Millionaire leaving on WCVB and WGAL, it wouldn’t surprise me if both stations decide to expand the noon news to an hour, although the possibilities have been discussed on the topic with regards to WGAL. An expansion on WCVB, however, is Long overdue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, d247 said:

Our Big 4 stations will all have some vacancies to fill this fall. Outside of the Feud on KOKI, 3pm is gonna look a bit different.

- KOTV loses Millionaire at 3p.

- KJRH will likely put Kelly Clarkson at 3p to replace Pickler & Ben.

- KTUL loses Steve at 3p.

- KOKI loses both Face the Truth at 1p and Page Six TV at 2:30p.

Still not sure where Tamron Hall is going to end up, I kinda think KTUL is the most likely choice.

It wouldn't surprise me if KOTV launched a 4pm newscast and shift Phil to 3pm. Tamron is a toss-up for me, could go either way but right now I would have Tamron on KTUL (with either Mel Robbins or Breakthrough occupying the 1pm slot on KOKI)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here in Pittsburgh...

 

WPCW: Loses Face The Truth at 4pm

WPGH: Loses Pickler & Ben at 2pm

WTAE: Loses Steve Harvey at 3pm

 

Tamron Hall is most likely heading to WTAE as Hearst has picked up the show for its stations. Not sure at this point where Clarkson will air in the Burgh...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbc4ne said:

With Millionaire leaving on WCVB and WGAL, it wouldn’t surprise me if both stations decide to expand the noon news to an hour, although the possibilities have been discussed on the topic with regards to WGAL. An expansion on WCVB, however, is Long overdue.

 

YESSSS!!

 

WGAL had several things on for 12:30p time slot.  Before Millionaire they had ... Intelligence For Your Life with John Tesh.  Ugh.

 

I would really love WGAL to bring back a hour of news at Noon.  They once had NoonDay on 8 ... Would be nice for them to bring it back.

 

I also would not be upset if they brought back 12:30 LIVE!!

 

— Matt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So in Charlotte...

The rebranded “Extra, Extra” will be on WJZY...only question is will it be in prime access bumping “TMZ”  to an afternoon slot replacing “Page Six TV” presumably at 12:30pm? “Access” already airs at noon so they will probably keep the 7:30 airing. 

 

WBTV will need to replace “Steve” at 3...predicting it will be Kelly Clarkson.

 

I’m thinking Tamron will be on WSOC since it will be on WSB...maybe at 3 since they will have to replace “Face the Truth”. I could be wrong though. I think Cox (soon to he Terrier) stations are picking up Mel Robbins too from what I read. Maybe Wendy Williams is going to WJZY? Just speculation.

 

WAXN will need to replace Millionaire and the Doctors, obviously.

 

As far as I know WCCB will still have rights to Ellen through 2021. Unusual for a CW affiliate.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE: WKYC in Cleveland will air "The Kelly Clarkson Show" at 2pm on weekdays starting on September 9th.  "Kelly" will takeover the timeslot currently filled by "The Wendy Williams Show."  No word on where "Wendy" will end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

So in Charlotte...

The rebranded “Extra, Extra” will be on WJZY...only question is will it be in prime access bumping “TMZ”  to an afternoon slot replacing “Page Six TV” presumably at 12:30pm? “Access” already airs at noon so they will probably keep the 7:30 airing. 

 

WBTV will need to replace “Steve” at 3...predicting it will be Kelly Clarkson.

 

I’m thinking Tamron will be on WSOC since it will be on WSB...maybe at 3 since they will have to replace “Face the Truth”. I could be wrong though. I think Cox (soon to he Terrier) stations are picking up Mel Robbins too from what I read. Maybe Wendy Williams is going to WJZY? Just speculation.

 

WAXN will need to replace Millionaire and the Doctors, obviously.

 

As far as I know WCCB will still have rights to Ellen through 2021. Unusual for a CW affiliate.

 

Actually, WBTV will replace Steve at 3:00pm with "a local hour of programming." So either it will be an afternoon version of "Morning Break" or an extra hour of local news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

 

Actually, WBTV will replace Steve at 3:00pm with "a local hour of programming." So either it will be an afternoon version of "Morning Break" or an extra hour of local news.

 

So, if this would be the case, then this would make how many markets that have a station with local news at 3p?? I know KTRK in Houston has news at 3p on weekdays, and we know Tampa will soon have WFTS doing news at 3 starting this summer, and now, possibly Charlotte.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J1975am said:

 

So, if this would be the case, then this would make how many markets that have a station with local news at 3p?? I know KTRK in Houston has news at 3p on weekdays, and we know Tampa will soon have WFTS doing news at 3 starting this summer, and now, possibly Charlotte.....

 

Here's the story: https://www.wbtv.com/2019/03/18/wbtv-adds-more-local-programming/

Via WBTV Charlotte from March 18th, 2019:

Quote

WBTV announced today plans to launch a new hour of local programming at 3 p.m. starting on September 9, 2019

 

So it may not be local news.

 

Quote

WBTV anchor Kristen Miranda, who also hosts “Morning Break,” will host the new show alongside a co-host who will be selected later this summer. The show will incorporate elements of “Morning Break” and the station’s digital lifestyle brand, “Queen City Weekend.”

 

In other words, sounds like a lifestyle program or local news just done differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

It wouldn't surprise me if KOTV launched a 4pm newscast and shift Phil to 3pm. Tamron is a toss-up for me, could go either way but right now I would have Tamron on KTUL (with either Mel Robbins or Breakthrough occupying the 1pm slot on KOKI)

Is Breakthrough a go? Last  I heard it was just on a tryout on Fox stations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the status of "Daily Blast Live?" is it extending further beyond the Tegna stations and its first group of non-Tegna? Has it even been renewed for next season? Haven't seen much about it in the trades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hall replaces Harvey on KMBC. KSHB has open with Pickler and Ben and KMCI Millionaire Cancelled. No others openings on KMBC/KCWE.

Edited by Asomrjsurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Is Breakthrough a go? Last  I heard it was just on a tryout on Fox stations.

So far there hasn't been any indications on whether it'll launch or not. Also, we don't know how successful (if it was) the trial-runs was.

 

This isn't a good sign as we are now in the later stages in May when all of the syndicated shows are wrapping up tapings for the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

 

Here's the story: https://www.wbtv.com/2019/03/18/wbtv-adds-more-local-programming/

Via WBTV Charlotte from March 18th, 2019:

 

So it may not be local news.

 

 

In other words, sounds like a lifestyle program or local news just done differently.

 

Just checked the current broadcast schedule of WBTV via TitanTV; Steve Harvey's show is the only syndicated show the station has! So, once they go forward with this new local show in the fall, I believe WBTV would be the first station in the nation (that I know of) to have all locally produced programming in addition to network (in their case, CBS), with no syndicated product at all. A trendsetting move, perhaps????

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J1975am said:

 

Just checked the current broadcast schedule of WBTV via TitanTV; Steve Harvey's show is the only syndicated show the station has! So, once they go forward with this new local show in the fall, I believe WBTV would be the first station in the nation (that I know of) to have all locally produced programming in addition to network (in their case, CBS), with no syndicated product at all. A trendsetting move, perhaps????

KSNV was going to attempt to go all-news prior to Sinclair buying the station. However, Sinclair did reverse course and as of now, currently has Millionaire (cancelled!), Family Feud, Daytime Dateline, and Entertainment Tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Detroit's stand in this:

  • WWJ loses WWTBAM? at 12 noon (rerun) and 3 PM (first run) and Face the Truth in the 4 PM hour, leaving two hours of openings
  • WJBK loses Steve at 2 PM and Page Six TV at 12 midnight, leaving one hour, thirty minutes of openings
  • WXYZ loses Pickler & Ben at 3 PM, leaving one hour of openings

It is unknown who in this market has picked up the new offerings.

Edited by DetroitTVNews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J1975am said:

 

Just checked the current broadcast schedule of WBTV via TitanTV; Steve Harvey's show is the only syndicated show the station has! So, once they go forward with this new local show in the fall, I believe WBTV would be the first station in the nation (that I know of) to have all locally produced programming in addition to network (in their case, CBS), with no syndicated product at all. A trendsetting move, perhaps????

I missed that. Thanks. Since Mark Washburn’s retirement I don’t pick up on as much of this kind of stuff in Charlotte. Not sure where Clarkson will go now. Maybe WJZY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J1975am said:

 

Just checked the current broadcast schedule of WBTV via TitanTV; Steve Harvey's show is the only syndicated show the station has! So, once they go forward with this new local show in the fall, I believe WBTV would be the first station in the nation (that I know of) to have all locally produced programming in addition to network (in their case, CBS), with no syndicated product at all. A trendsetting move, perhaps????

 

Well... WBTV still airs Me Time with Frangela from its Raycom days but it will more likely be canceled now that Gray has taken over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Richmond's stand in this:

  • WTVR loses Steve at 4pm. Question is who will replace him?
  • WRLH loses Millionaire at 1 & 1:30pm and Face the Truth at 3 & 3:30pm.
  • WUPV loses Page Six TV, but the show airs at 4am.

 

As of this post, it is unknown who has picked up the new offerings.

Edited by tw-804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tw-804 said:

Richmond's stand in this:

  • WTVR loses Steve at 4pm. Question is who will replace him?
  • WRLH loses Millionaire at 1 & 1:30pm and Face the Truth at 3 & 3:30pm.
  • WUPV loses Page Six TV, but the show airs at 4am.

 

As of this post, it is unknown who has picked up the new offerings.

WTVR: Move Ellen to 4 and pick up either Tamron or Kelly (most likely the latter)

WRLH: 25 Words Or Less and then move either The Doctors or Steve Wilkos to 3pm

WUPV: Infomercials

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 12:51 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

 

Well... WBTV still airs Me Time with Frangela from its Raycom days but it will more likely be canceled now that Gray has taken over.

At 1:37am...and yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.