Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

2019-20 Syndication News


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ScottJ said:

The syndicated Live PD has been cancelled, effective Friday the 19th, so any affiliates still airing it will be replacing it soon  (Got the info at work so I don't have a link to share)

So it appears WAXN couldn’t even wait a week to pull it (according to the listings on the website and on tvpassport.com.)

 

WGHP will continue to air it next week at 1:30am according to the listings on its website.

Edited by Nelson R.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Like some sort of strange testament to Oz, it really says a lot that -- even in its tenth season -- it still gets passed around between stations like a joint at Coachella.

How do we know it's the worst run station in the country? Are the books for the station available? If CBS Detroit is profitable, or if it's operating at a small loss, in a market where they feel that

Hey, let's not turn this into a game of "who carries Wheel and Jeopardy!"

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ScottJ said:

The syndicated Live PD has been cancelled, effective Friday the 19th, so any affiliates still airing it will be replacing it soon  (Got the info at work so I don't have a link to share)

It’s too bad the dislike feature has been removed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have looked on TVpassport nothing as of yet what will replace Live PD Police Patrol at 2:30AM on WXSP 2AM will remain Cops maybe a full hour of cops or a paid programring I hope it is Cops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 12:13 PM, ScottJ said:

According to Deadline, some stations are already dropping Cops from their syndicated lineups. Disney is working with them on replacement shows; the syndie Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is a possibility.

 

And WGN America isn't going to renew its contract for Cops when it expires at the end of the month, though it's possible they had already made that decision before this.

WCCB has replaced Cops with Millionaire (Saturday and Sunday overnights from 1 to 3:30 am)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 2:28 AM, justin2kx said:

And it appears according to TitanTV thru some CWPlus affiliates' schedules (ie: wktv, wsee, wnct-DT2s), starting monday, BOTH Live PD + Cops will be replaced by a hour of 'millionaire' reruns + SSN sports (syndie sports network) showcase filler usually aired on weekends.   

More on the latter thru PPI: https://progpart.wpengine.com/ssn-2/

 

Just checked TitanTV's page for KATC in Lafayette (which displays the main channel, the CW, & Grit); they're showing Live PD: Police Patrol (2 eps) and Cops from midnight-1:30a. Not sure what it will be replaced with (maybe overnight paid programming block extended?).....

 

UPDATE: Reruns of WWTBAM and Syndie Sports Network material will fill the midnight-1:30a slot on KATC 3.2; I'm guessing this is along the entire CW Plus spectrum, as well......

 

 

Edited by J1975am
Link to post
Share on other sites

WITI (now Fox owned) is filling the 1pm Live/COPS block with WWTBAM repeats; as for the midnight, it took this situation for Access Hollywood to finally get a good (good, being a relative word here for a show at 4am) timeslot again; Access at 12:05am, a TMZ repeat at 12:35am. They've also been doing all-night blocks of COPS on weekend overnights the last couple weeks, presumably in order to get in the ad orders meant for that show done and dusted in a timeslot nobody cares about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

WITI (now Fox owned) is filling the 1pm Live/COPS block with WWTBAM repeats; as for the midnight, it took this situation for Access Hollywood to finally get a good (good, being a relative word here for a show at 4am) timeslot again; Access at 12:05am, a TMZ repeat at 12:35am. They've also been doing all-night blocks of COPS on weekend overnights the last couple weeks, presumably in order to get in the ad orders meant for that show done and dusted in a timeslot nobody cares about.

I think everyone will be replacing Cops with Millionare. EDIT: Didn’t realize Live PD and Cops were airing back to back in the afternoons and in late night. Made sense.
 

With WITI being Fox owned now, I would expect to see Millionaire (and Seinfeld) moved to another station soon.

Edited by Nelson R.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

With WITI being Fox owned now, I would expect to see Millionaire (and Seinfeld) moved to another station soon.

Seinfeld isn't moving anytime soon; like MASH was to them in the 80s-early 2000s, Seinfeld still gets plenty of steady ratings and good promotion on WITI for them (honestly I expect more a swap of TMZ/Extra before primetime soon in order to harmonize with their other stations more than a Seinfeld ditching; at worst, Seinfeld fills the midnight hour for a TMZ/Extra/Access block beforehand).

 

But that 1pm timeslot isn't going to keep WWTBAM for long, it's definitely a summer band-aid for sure.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 6:05 AM, ScottJ said:

The syndicated Live PD has been cancelled, effective Friday the 19th, so any affiliates still airing it will be replacing it soon  (Got the info at work so I don't have a link to share)

Via TitanTV, KCOP/My 13 (part of the Fox-owned duopoly in LA) is shuffling its lineup, replacing double runs of Cops and Live PD with morning runs of Extra/TMZ and overnight runs of America Says/Millionaire.

 

Separately, TitanTV also has KCOP displacing syndicated early-afternoon runs of Chicago PD and Dateline to shift MyNetworkTV programming out of pattern (1-3 PT) and test programming from the Fox Soul streaming service in primetime from 8-10 PT, effective 6/22.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, patlovestv said:

Via TitanTV, KCOP/My 13 (part of the Fox-owned duopoly in LA) is shuffling its lineup, replacing double runs of Cops and Live PD with morning runs of Extra/TMZ and overnight runs of America Says/Millionaire.

 

Separately, TitanTV also has KCOP displacing syndicated early-afternoon runs of Chicago PD and Dateline to shift MyNetworkTV programming out of pattern (1-3 PT) and test programming from the Fox Soul streaming service in primetime from 8-10 PT, effective 6/22.

Actual MyNet programming in the afternoon? There’s a first. But it’s reruns so it doesn’t really matter when the programming airs. WMYT airs the syndicated version of Chicago PD at 10am weekdays. And then the MyNet programming from 11pm until 1am, which they have been doing since September 2018. Fox Soul programming in primetime should be interesting.

Edited by Nelson R.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, patlovestv said:

Separately, TitanTV also has KCOP displacing syndicated early-afternoon runs of Chicago PD and Dateline to shift MyNetworkTV programming out of pattern (1-3 PT) and test programming from the Fox Soul streaming service in primetime from 8-10 PT, effective 6/22.

I found two more FTS MyNet stations airing Fox Soul programming:

 

WWOR (heard from RolyOrtega on Discord), from 11pm until 1am. Chasing New Jersey has been cancelled. Not sure what else it displaced. MyNet programming was not affected.

 

Fox 9+ in Minneapolis, from 4-5 CT. Not sure what it replaced.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Chasing New Jersey has been cancelled. Not sure what else it displaced.

Nobody will miss it, not even the NJ congressional delegation who thought of it as hilariously pathetic to fulfill WWOR's 'eh, here's a show about Jersey, now get outta here!' requirements which the MSR repeal has now killed (I've given up hope regarding a NJ commercial station existing to serve NJ that's nothing more than a low-rated subchannel farm).

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

Nobody will miss it, not even the NJ congressional delegation who thought of it as hilariously pathetic to fulfill WWOR's 'eh, here's a show about Jersey, now get outta here!' requirements which the MSR repeal has now killed

Not familiar with the abbreviation MSR; what does that mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, J1975am said:

Not familiar with the abbreviation MSR; what does that mean?

The Main Studio Rule; the FCC repealed it, allowing Fox to finally move WWOR in full to the Fox Television Center in Manhattan; WWOR's studios were razed last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I just saw a promo for Rachael Ray, coming this fall to KSHV. Don't know if they will share her with KTAL or if she's moving to KSHV exclusively. 

Most likely moving to KSHV exclusively. I could see it replacing Mel Robbins at 2. I don’t know of any stations who have ever aired two runs of her show. I know WJZY currently only has the one run at 9am.  They have never aired two runs of it,  or shared it with WMYT, and WBTV never aired two runs when they had the rights in the early 10s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I just saw a promo for Rachael Ray, coming this fall to KSHV. Don't know if they will share her with KTAL or if she's moving to KSHV exclusively. 

 

26 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Most likely moving to KSHV exclusively. I could see it replacing Mel Robbins at 2. I don’t know of any stations who have ever aired two runs of her show. I know WJZY currently only has the one run at 9am.  They have never aired two runs of it,  or shared it with WMYT, and WBTV never aired two runs when they had the rights in the early 10s. 

 

This could mean one of two things:

1. The 2-hour block of "Judge Judy" which KTAL has from 3-5p (info from TitanTV) could be slid back to 2-4p, with an opening for a possible 4p newscast

2. The station could have a new hour-long program in the afternoon (or double runs of an existing half-hour show debuting on KTAL's air), cutting the "Judge Judy" block down to one hour, and again, a possible 4p newscast could air

 

I know I'm just theorizing, but being that a lot of stations are going with local newscasts at 4p (regardless of time zone), such a possible move would make sense.......

Edited by J1975am
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J1975am said:

 

 

This could mean one of two things:

1. The 2-hour block of "Judge Judy" which KTAL has from 3-5p (info from TitanTV) could be slid back to 2-4p, with an opening for a possible 4p newscast

2. The station could have a new hour-long program in the afternoon (or double runs of an existing half-hour show debuting on KTAL's air), cutting the "Judge Judy" block down to one hour, and again, a possible 4p newscast could air

 

I know I'm speculating, but being that a lot of stations are going with local newscasts at 4p (regardless of time zone), such a possible move would make sense.......

Or it could be that KTAL will be airing Drew Barrymore or The Good Dish at 2 but your scenario seems more plausible. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Or it could be that KTAL will be airing Drew Barrymore or The Good Dish at 2 but your scenario seems more plausible. 

Barrymore is actually going to Wray in Shreveport, according to my source there. Most likely, in my opinion, itll be KPXJ showing that. No word on Cannon yet but I gotta wonder if Wray will have that as well, given that they show Wendy. Most likely, it would be the Good Dish. 

Edited by ColtFromGulfcoast
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Barrymore is actually going to Wray in Shreveport, according to my source there. Most likely, in my opinion, itll be KPXJ showing that. No word on Cannon yet but I gotta wonder if Wray will have that as well, given that they show Wendy. Most likely, it would be the Good Dish. 

 

Has Good Dish been confirmed as a go? All I see are trade articles announcing it was in development by Sony, but nothing about any stations or groups carrying it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

 

Has Good Dish been confirmed as a go? All I see are trade articles announcing it was in development by Sony, but nothing about any stations or groups carrying it.

I’m wondering that myself now that you mentioned it. I never saw any articles about that either, or any articles about it falling through. It would be perfect paired with Rachael Ray in the mornings on WJZY or in the afternoons after Dr. Oz. But it might have fallen through.

Edited by Nelson R.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KS-IL-IA said:

 

Has Good Dish been confirmed as a go? All I see are trade articles announcing it was in development by Sony, but nothing about any stations or groups carrying it.

 

44 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I’m wondering that myself now that you mentioned it. I never saw any articles about that either, or any articles about it falling through. It would be perfect paired with Rachael Ray in the mornings on WJZY or in the afternoons after Dr. Oz. But it might have fallen through.

Other than what was reported on back in October nothing has been confirmed as far as a launch date or anything else.

 

Obviously COVID has delayed and/or cancelled everything so the launch date could be delayed either to this October or beyond that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.