2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

WFXT is shifting their morning newscast back an hour to 5-11am beginning Monday. I believe this shifts Right this Minute, Wendy Williams and the Real back an hour and America Says to 4am. This may be temporary due to the pandemic.

DBBA3949-432F-400A-AC3A-05831CF73250.jpeg
 And I wonder if WSOC will extend the morning news on WAXN to 10am this fall since Mel Robbins is being cancelled? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/18/2020 at 11:46 PM, Nelson R. said:

And I wonder if WSOC will extend the morning news on WAXN to 10am this fall since Mel Robbins is being cancelled? 

If that happened, it'll be a big game changer for the Charlotte market. 

11 minutes ago, AaronQ said:

If that happened, it'll be a big game changer for the Charlotte market. 

WJZY could as well but I don’t think they are ready to extend Good Day Charlotte to 10am. They do need a noon or 11am news and 11pm news, they already have 11pm on Tuesday nights as specials leading up to the election. (Fox 46 Nightside).

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

WJZY could as well but I don’t think they are ready to extend Good Day Charlotte to 10am. They do need a noon or 11am news and 11pm news, they already have 11pm on Tuesday nights as specials leading up to the election. (Fox 46 Nightside).

I don't know WJZY isn't ready to extend Good Day Charlotte to 10AM.  They brought on Brigida Mack, so they have the staff and resources to do such.  Also they need to go on and add that 11PM news nightly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the upcoming People Magazine TV show, and yes...I was right about Rob Silverstein coming on board to front it:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/access-hollywood-rob-silverstein-showrunner-merediths-people-magazine-syndicated-series-1202937397/

No host is named yet; hope Rob still has Nancy O'Dell on speed dial (if not, Catt Sadler).

3 hours ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Update on the upcoming People Magazine TV show, and yes...I was right about Rob Silverstein coming on board to front it:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/access-hollywood-rob-silverstein-showrunner-merediths-people-magazine-syndicated-series-1202937397/

No host is named yet; hope Rob still has Nancy O'Dell on speed dial (if not, Catt Sadler).

This just smells like it's going to be a disaster especially if it's solely going to Meredith markets. 

46 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

This just smells like it's going to be a disaster especially if it's solely going to Meredith markets. 

Um, Gannett had an even bigger disaster over 30 years ago with that USA Today TV show!

9 hours ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Um, Gannett had an even bigger disaster over 30 years ago with that USA Today TV show!

At least USA Today went to stations that weren't Gannett and there was at least one market where the Gannett station didn't even air it (Boston, WCVB aired it over WLVI).

The issue with Meredith boils down to lack of room (Hartford, Nashville), probable clearance on an inferior station (St. Louis, Saginaw), or just general laziness (Springfield).

3 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

At least USA Today went to stations that weren't Gannett and there was at least one market where the Gannett station didn't even air it (Boston, WCVB aired it over WLVI).

KTVF in Fairbanks being among them, airing late nights right after A Current Affair.

But given Silverstein's track record at Access Hollywood, and with alum O'Dell as potential host, I'm certain they won't fail with the People TV show unlike USA Today, gradually expanding to non-Meredith markets (especially the big four: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Philadelphia) in time for awards season.

13 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

10 minutes ago, johnnya2k6 said:

But given Silverstein's track record at Access Hollywood, and with alum O'Dell as potential host, I'm certain they won't fail with the People TV show unlike USA Today, gradually expanding to non-Meredith markets (especially the big four: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Philadelphia) in time for awards season.

Being that it's probably going to be an L.A. based show (due to O'Dell and [I'm guessing] Silverstein based there], I can see scrabbleship's point. But then again, Right This Minute, when it first started, solely aired on markets with three different station groups (Cox, Scripps, and the now-defunct Raycom) and it has somehow managed to last nine years, and it originates from Phoenix! (Weird, I know)

7 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

I think Sister Circle might have something to say about that 

Uh, no it won't. Sister Circle lasted three seasons (even with much less stations and national airings on TV One). From what I've researched on Google, the USA Today TV show (even with airings through other TV station groups) lasted about two. Whatever Sister Circle did to last as long as that did, it worked. USA Today truly had it worse.

4 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Uh, no it won't. Sister Circle lasted three seasons (even with much less stations and national airings on TV One). From what I've researched on Google, the USA Today TV show (even with airings through other TV station groups) lasted about two. Whatever Sister Circle did to last as long as that did, it worked. USA Today truly had it worse.

And in addition to ET and A Current Affair (O'Dell was on the latter for its final few months in 1995-96; I never cared for the brief 2005 reboot), when 1989 hit, USA Today had to compete against newbies Inside Edition (still on the air after 31 years) and Hard Copy (left the air in 1999)! People will do just fine.

On June 15 2 Broke Girls moves from CW7 to WXSP I saw a promo last Sunday while watching TMZ no time was given for 2 Broke Girls. And now CW7 Funny For You Block will be just 2-hour block which use to be a 4-hour block before CW7 lost Mike & Molly last year to WXSP I'll update on what will air in 2 Broke Girls time slot and along with the time that WXSP puts it on.

I don't see Nancy O'Dell being named host of People just my opinion I think her days doing ET & Access Hollywood are over she had a great run on both shows. I could see Catt Sadler being host of People thou just have to wait and see who they name host of People which may go national in 2021-22 TV season as it is only going to be Meredith TV stations maybe they can get a cable network to air the show so it is somewhat national. That is what they did with OK! TV/Celebrity Page with putting it on Reelz which they have a stake in the show I know for a couple of years OK! TV/Celebrity Page wasn't aired where I lived other than Reelz if it wasn't for Reelz I wouldn't have gotten to watch it, although Celebrity Page isn't on a good time on WXSP which is aired in the early morning at 6:30AM. Which I was surprised that Celebrity Page didn't get canceled for People which I thought it would have gotten canceled.

10 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

On June 15 2 Broke Girls moves from CW7 to WXSP I saw a promo last Sunday while watching TMZ no time was given for 2 Broke Girls. And now CW7 Funny For You Block will be just 2-hour block which use to be a 4-hour block before CW7 lost Mike & Molly last year to WXSP I'll update on what will air in 2 Broke Girls time slot and along with the time that WXSP puts it on.

Wow, an odd time for a show to move non-duopoly stations.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:53 PM, Megatron81 said:

I don't see Nancy O'Dell being named host of People just my opinion I think her days doing ET & Access Hollywood are over she had a great run on both shows. I could see Catt Sadler being host of People thou just have to wait and see who they name host of People which may go national in 2021-22 TV season as it is only going to be Meredith TV stations maybe they can get a cable network to air the show so it is somewhat national. 

If not O'Dell -- who worked with Silverstein on AH longer than ET -- or Sadler (they sure as hell won't get Maria Menounos; she quit daily television after her brain tumor a few years ago and is focusing on her podcast empire)...Kristine Leahy, perhaps????

Just like Pat O'Brien (when he jumped from CBS Sports to Access Hollywood/The Insider), she'll have no problem transitioning from sports to entertainment; her FS1 interview show "Fair Game" was canceled not too long ago. But no matter who it is, I know Jeremy Parsons will be part of the daily People TV show.

8 minutes ago, johnnya2k6 said:

If not O'Dell -- who worked with Silverstein on AH longer than ET -- or Sadler (they sure as hell won't get Maria Menounos; she quit daily television after her brain tumor a few years ago and is focusing on her podcast empire)...Kristine Leahy, perhaps????

Just like Pat O'Brien (when he jumped from CBS Sports to Access Hollywood/The Insider), she'll have no problem transitioning from sports to entertainment; her FS1 interview show "Fair Game" was canceled not too long ago. But no matter who it is, I know Jeremy Parsons will be part of the daily People TV show.

I have one person who should make a comeback... Mary Hart.

11 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Please, she's almost 70 (and she and former co-host John Tesh reunited at ET for one night only a few months ago)!

49 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

No. I believe Mary Hart is enjoying retirement, and had it not been for COVID-19, we would be seeing her this MLB season seated behind home plate at L.A. Dodgers home games, as she has been a presence at their games for years! (I'm guessing she and her husband are Dodgers season ticket holders)

On 5/25/2020 at 10:00 AM, Nelson R. said:

Wow, an odd time for a show to move non-duopoly stations.

Yeah it is odd that is what happen with Mike & Molly that it moved last June as well. It happens every so often that is what happened to Friends moved from Wood TV to WXMI Fox17 in June 2006 where Friends has remained to this day in late night, Seinfeld from Fox17 to WXSP in March 2013 I believe which I find so odd during off months and not in the fall time.

4 hours ago, johnnya2k6 said:

I think Kristine Leahy would be a great hire I liked Fair Game I wish that FS1 didn't cancel the show she is great at interviews. 

On 5/24/2020 at 11:53 PM, Megatron81 said:

That is what they did with OK! TV/Celebrity Page with putting it on Reelz which they have a stake in the show I know for a couple of years OK! TV/Celebrity Page wasn't aired where I lived other than Reelz if it wasn't for Reelz I wouldn't have gotten to watch it, although Celebrity Page isn't on a good time on WXSP which is aired in the early morning at 6:30AM. Which I was surprised that Celebrity Page didn't get canceled for People which I thought it would have gotten canceled.

And Celebrity Page is DEAD LAST among the syndie magazine shows (Inside Edition has been dominating that genre lately thanks to the Coronavirus coverage); it was on WUPA here in Atlanta in the wee hours, but not anymore.

1 hour ago, johnnya2k6 said:

And Celebrity Page is DEAD LAST among the syndie magazine shows (Inside Edition has been dominating that genre lately thanks to the Coronavirus coverage); it was on WUPA here in Atlanta in the wee hours, but not anymore.

On the tangent of Meredith and Inside Edition, I find it amusing that WFSB - Meredith's own flagship - has just stopped airing the show since starting the "temporary" 7:00 newscast. No overnight airing after Corden, nothing. This from a station that aired it at that time from it's 1989 premiere.

If this is any indication, good luck finding a spot for People TV.

15 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

On the tangent of Meredith and Inside Edition, I find it amusing that WFSB - Meredith's own flagship - has just stopped airing the show since starting the "temporary" 7:00 newscast. No overnight airing after Corden, nothing. This from a station that aired it at that time from it's 1989 premiere.

If this is any indication, good luck finding a spot for People TV.

From the sounds of things Inside Edition may be looking for a new home in Hartford and that 7pm newscast on WFSB is likely going to be permanent.

And it would be wise for WFSB to not air People TV anyway for obvious reasons

Archived