2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, ColinBusiness said:

What happened to America Says and The Mel Robbins Show?

Mel Robbins wasn't renewed for a second season. As for America Says, the status of the syndicated show is uncertain, but originals will continue on GSN.

On 3/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, TSSZNews said:

- and isn't Jimmy Kimmel taping a new Millionaire this week too?

Millionaire tapings were scheduled for this past weekend. I actually had tickets for Saturday but they cancelled audience invitations on Thursday afternoon. I wonder if they went audience-less, most likely?

Broadcasting & Cable has more on the end of Judge Judy and the upcoming Judy Justice. According to the article, the Judge Judy repeats are being sold in three-year cycles at about 60% of the show's current license fees. Due to the lower price, the repeats are apparently being bought my many stations that don't currently air the show (CW and MNT affiliates and indies).

Judy Justice has been pitched to station groups, but none has signed on yet. It's also being shopped to cable and streaming.

Near the end of the article, there's some info about the upcoming Drew Barrymore and Nick Cannon shows. Both are having trouble getting clearances across the country, and they're getting less-than-ideal time slots in small and mid-size markets.

12 hours ago, ScottJ said:

Broadcasting & Cable has more on the end of Judge Judy and the upcoming Judy Justice. According to the article, the Judge Judy repeats are being sold in three-year cycles at about 60% of the show's current license fees. Due to the lower price, the repeats are apparently being bought my many stations that don't currently air the show (CW and MNT affiliates and indies).

Judy Justice has been pitched to station groups, but none has signed on yet. It's also being shopped to cable and streaming.

Near the end of the article, there's some info about the upcoming Drew Barrymore and Nick Cannon shows. Both are having trouble getting clearances across the country, and they're getting less-than-ideal time slots in small and mid-size markets.

I don’t know what WCNC would replace Judy with in 2021 if they do not pick up the repeats. They could probably pick up Rachael Ray or Dr. Oz from WJZY. WAXN or WMYT would be a good fit for the repeats. I imagine WJZY/WMYT still picked up Nick Cannon because that deal was made before the sale from FTS to Nexstar went through, much like they still got the new FTS graphics package. Drew Barrymore could replace Mel Robbins on WAXN. I bet she winds up there, there’s really nowhere else for her to go, most of the other stations’ syndicated inventory is coming back.

44 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I don’t know what WCNC would replace Judy with in 2021 if they do not pick up the repeats. They could probably pick up Rachael Ray or Dr. Oz from WJZY. WAXN or WMYT would be a good fit for the repeats. I imagine WJZY/WMYT still picked up Nick Cannon because that deal was made before the sale from FTS to Nexstar went through, much like they still got the new FTS graphics package. Drew Barrymore could replace Mel Robbins on WAXN. I bet she winds up there, there’s really nowhere else for her to go, most of the other stations’ syndicated inventory is coming back.

Most likely WCNC picks up Sister Circle and at least Rachael Ray

40 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Most likely WCNC picks up Sister Circle and at least Rachael Ray

It would only be Sister Circle...didn’t realize that was a Tegna show...no room for anything else unless they dumped Charlotte Today. Or they could permanently shorten it to 30 minutes (they are temporarily shortening it to make room for an expanded midday newscast at 11:30 am due to COVID-19) and put it at 12:30 to make room for another show at 11am.

Of course WCNC likely isn’t even a Tegna station by then.

4 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

It would only be Sister Circle...didn’t realize that was a Tegna show...no room for anything else unless they dumped Charlotte Today. Or they could permanently shorten it to 30 minutes (they are temporarily shortening it to make room for an expanded midday newscast at 11:30 am due to COVID-19) and put it at 12:30 to make room for another show at 11am.

I'll message you what I think the WCNC schedule could look like as I don't want this thread to become a list thread.

Though the Kobe Bryant coverage boosted them somewhat last time, I can bet that ratings for the syndie magazine shows will take a huge hit these next few weeks, as Coronavirus has virtually shut down the entertainment industry with all events postponed or canceled and the hosts doing their shows either from tiny studios (with one camera) or from home and with skeletal staffs.

14 hours ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Though the Kobe Bryant coverage boosted them somewhat last time, I can bet that ratings for the syndie magazine shows will take a huge hit these next few weeks, as Coronavirus has virtually shut down the entertainment industry with all events postponed or canceled and the hosts doing their shows either from tiny studios (with one camera) or from home and with skeletal staffs.

ET is already in repackage/re-edited weekend episodes mode and will be for quite awhile.

KDAF making a few changes starting Monday:

Daily Mail moves to 9am, replacing Judge Jerry.

Mel Robbins gets a double run at 10 and 11am.

Judge Jerry moves to 12pm.

The Goldbergs moves to 4pm, replacing Maury.

Maury now at 6am and 2pm.

A double-run each of Couples Court and Paternity Court now running from 7-9am.

Steve Wilkos now at 5am and 1pm.

Jerry Springer now cut to one airing per day at 3pm, and that's the Nexstar-controlled CW daytime hour.

Last Man Standing running from 9-10pm, 2.5 Men and Mom now running from 10-11pm.

Just read on Radio Discussions that WKRN in Nashville has already dumped Mel Robbins, which had been airing at 12:07am local time, ahead of its cancellation. A second run of Dr. Phil returned to the time slot.

I wonder if WAXN will do the same, I doubt it but I could see them demoting the show to late night, they currently air it at 9am.

The CW Plus changes starting Monday:

- A full hour of Cops at 6a & 6:30a.

- A full of hour of Maury at 10a & 11a.

- Judge Jerry moves to 2p.

- A full hour of Jerry Springer at 3p & 4p.

- Sheriffs El Dorado County moves to 1a.

9 hours ago, Asomrjsurf said:

3pm KSHB Newscast starting next week.

I looked at their schedule. I’m guessing Right This Minute and America Says get cut down to one airing each. I doubt they would cut an airing of Jeopardy.

3 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

I looked at their schedule. I’m guessing Right This Minute and America Says get cut down to one airing each. I doubt they would cut an airing of Jeopardy.

I'm looking at the guides as well. Both airing of Jeopardy is listed. And I don't see any "41 Action News at 3pm" listed.

48 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I'm looking at the guides as well. Both airing of Jeopardy is listed. And I don't see any "41 Action News at 3pm" listed.

I didn’t either. Usually TV passport is pretty good at updating changes. That’s not a good syndicated lineup other than Jeopardy, but 3pm newscasts are rare. Though it would make sense to add one now.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:59 PM, Nelson R. said:

Just read on Radio Discussions that WKRN in Nashville has already dumped Mel Robbins, which had been airing at 12:07am local time, ahead of its cancellation.

The show tapes out of the CBS Television Center, so unless Sony can figure out some way to get her and her staff a telework setup (which with her cancelled would be a money furnace), the de facto finale has already aired.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:56 PM, Asomrjsurf said:

3pm KSHB Newscast starting next week.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:13 PM, CircleSeven said:

Unless it goes to September, it will more like be temporary for coverage of Coronavirus, just like many other stations nationwide adding newscasts temporary because of COVID-19.

13 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Unless it goes to September, it will more like be temporary for coverage of Coronavirus, just like many other stations nationwide adding newscasts temporary because of COVID-19.

KSHB just posted this within the hour....... I wished they posted this last week.

Looks iike the 1pm airing of Right This Minute is getting axed.

15 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

KSHB just posted this within the hour....... I wished they posted this last week.

Looks iike the 1pm airing of Right This Minute is getting axed.

Both airings getting axed but it will be on KMCI at 6 and 6:30 am and 4pm.

Can’t believe KHSB doesn’t have a 9pm newscast on KCMI. Right This Minute doesn’t move the needle, I get that and it’s no big loss. But they add a 3pm but not a 9pm? And it’s an indie so they could even do 7 or 8 pm.

Archived