2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, scrabbleship said:

Wasn't it at WSOC/WAXN to begin with? Or was it filler on WBTV?

Yes was about to edit, WSOC/WAXN had it to begin with. Up until a few weeks ago WSOC aired it at 12:30, then they once again expanded their noon news to an hour and moved RTM to 64 at noon and 12:30.

Speaking of WAXN, Seinfeld has moved up to 6 and 6:30 to make room for a new hourlong 7pm newscast produced by WSOC. The Goldbergs hour moves to 11pm, followed by Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, an hour of Live PD and an hour of The Game.

6 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Tamron Hall finally has a home in Miami.

53 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I saw it coming when Scripps bought the station. Scripps bought that show for several of their stations. But its appalling how it's taken this long to get her in Miami.

My feeling about it is this, and I just thought about this. If the show hadn't been cleared yet, the TV executives flocking the NATPE convention later this month would've been questioning why her show hasn't aired in Miami yet. In my eyes, that would've been a HUGE embarrassment.

At least 39 will be carrying the show next week. Although it should've been aired on one of the bigger outlets in town.

Schedule change for KTLA. The Mel Robbins Show and Daily Mail TV have switched timeslots. Mel Robbins is now on at 4 PM and Daily Mail TV is on at 3 AM. Huge upgrade slot for Mel Robbins. This huge upgrade in market 2 alone could help Mel Robbins overall national numbers which have been soft even though its expected that she will get a second season.

4 hours ago, fan of la tv said:

Schedule change for KTLA. The Mel Robbins Show and Daily Mail TV have switched timeslots. Mel Robbins is now on at 4 PM and Daily Mail TV is on at 3 AM. Huge upgrade slot for Mel Robbins. This huge upgrade in market 2 alone could help Mel Robbins overall national numbers which have been soft even though its expected that she will get a second season.

Mel Robbins currently airs at 9 on WAXN. Now that Nexstar has bought WJZY and WMYT, wondering if it will move to WJZY, and WGHP could pick it up in Greensboro, though maybe not after just one year. 

Syndie circuit news:

Its a 'Sashay away' for now to "Rupaul" as FOX O&Os decline to pick up show for Fall 2020. Fates of both Jerry O' (connell) + Central Ave are still to be determined.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/rupaul-daytime-talk-show-not-moving-at-fox-stations-1266055

'Steve' is back...under Facebook Watch. It's revived as 'Steve on WATCH' just last week, taping at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, where Miss Universe was just held there a month ago. I wonder for any talk show

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/steve-harvey-facebook-watch-talk-show-1203431367/

Although technically not syndie, FOX has launched OTT streaming service FOX SOUL, targeting African American audience with lifestyle + social interests. 

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/243285/fox-stations-launch-fox-soul-streamer/ 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Mel Robbins announced today that her show is not returning for a second season.

Those numbers are bad. Just seen her do an interview Yesterday on Pix11 (NYC). 

Looks like NYC is getting back 2 back Maury at 10AM and 11AM come September.

1 hour ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Mel Robbins announced today that her show is not returning for a second season.

Not surprising. I didn't have any intrest in her show (I still don't even know who she is [and won't intend to]), and I sometimes forgot it still existed. And I wouldn't put it past me that millions of other people feel the same way, which explains the axing. 

38 minutes ago, DetroitTVNews said:

You could also blame constant preemptions in a lot of markets thanks to the impeachment.

There's precedent for that. The O.J. Simpson trial killed a handful of shows that year.

1 hour ago, 24994J said:

There's precedent for that. The O.J. Simpson trial killed a handful of shows that year.

Among them: Last Call (not the one with Carson Daly), Susan Powter, Marilu Henner, Family Feud (with the return of OG host Richard Dawson), three Aaron Spelling shows, and of course...the nighttime Price Is Right with Doug Davidson.

27 minutes ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Among them: Last Call (not the one with Carson Daly), Susan Powter, Marilu Henner, Family Feud (with the return of OG host Richard Dawson), three Aaron Spelling shows, and of course...the nighttime Price Is Right with Doug Davidson.

Very similar to recent days of impeachment hearings, not only talk, but OJ Trials affected Soap operas as well, to the point that some soaps if they were lucky not to get preempted, had to shorten their openings to make sure their content was seen as much as possible. In turn soaps eventually would be on decline. You could also make a case that trial also killed the 'long' opening sequences (with catchy themes mind you) on tv shows in general as we knew it because it since has been commonplace in part to maintain one's attention span.

More on that story: https://decider.com/2016/02/09/did-o-j-simpson-really-kill-the-soap-opera-star/

A petition is going around demanding that Fox cancel TMZ on TV after they broke Kobe Bryant's death before the family was notified. I'm not sure why they aren't calling for WarnerMedia to cancel the show considering they're the ones who make and distribute it. I know Fox O&Os is TMZ's top station group, but there are dozens of other broadcast companies that would also have to cancel it. I guess people don't understand the nature of syndication. Also, if that were to happen, what would stop WarnerMedia from distributing it with the CW daytime, similar to Robert Irvine? 

As of 6:20pm et, the petition has 175,000 signatures and counting. It's growing extremely rapidly, considering they reached 100k at 5pm.

5 hours ago, justin2kx said:

Very similar to recent days of impeachment hearings, not only talk, but OJ Trials affected Soap operas as well, to the point that some soaps if they were lucky not to get preempted, had to shorten their openings to make sure their content was seen as much as possible. In turn soaps eventually would be on decline. You could also make a case that trial also killed the 'long' opening sequences (with catchy themes mind you) on tv shows in general as we knew it because it since has been commonplace in part to maintain one's attention span.

More on that story: https://decider.com/2016/02/09/did-o-j-simpson-really-kill-the-soap-opera-star/

And of course, the Watergate hearings preempted ALL daytime TV, including cartoons, the PBS kids shows, and Andy Griffith/Beverly Hillbillies/Gilligan's Island/I Love Lucy/Batman/I Dream of Jeannie/Bewitched/Gomer Pyle reruns.

On 1/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, Nelson R. said:

Mel Robbins currently airs at 9 on WAXN. Now that Nexstar has bought WJZY and WMYT, wondering if it will move to WJZY, and WGHP could pick it up in Greensboro, though maybe not after just one year. 

Never mind

Archived