2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Superdude said:

I can't see there being room at KDKA for it between their local talk show at 9. Dr Phil at 3 and local news from 4-7. Maybe something goes over to sister station wpcw, like when people's court needed to make room for Dr. Phil.

That's likely where Drew's new show would go to is WPCW. I mean when you look at KDKA's daytime lineup it's a no-brainer where Drew would go to in Pittsburgh

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 10:04 AM, Action Newsroom said:

Wendy Williams has announced - during the 11th season premiere - that (despite the rumors) her talk show has been renewed through 2022.

Looks like the Fox O&O daytime lineup will stay the way it is for the most part. It has renewed four shows from Warner Bros. TV

The Real is getting a two-year renewal through 2022, while Extra, TMZ & TMZ Live get a three-season renewal through 2023.

Fox is also planning on reformatting the programs to eliminate the commercial break between the end of the show and the start of the new one.

Fox Television Stations will eliminate the traditional commercial break stuck between the end of one show and the beginning of the next. That will require some reformatting from Warner Bros. to incorporate series credits and production credit slates in a compressed-screen format that airs as part of the final seconds of the program rather than running in a traditional end credits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 11:20 PM, TSSZNews said:

Isn't The Doctors still a thing on the O&Os? Guessing that'll be what gets tossed for Drew.

Not quite, at least according to the Doctors' website:

Atlanta (WUPA): WUPA @ 8:00a

Baltimore (WJZ): WMAR @ 9:00a

Boston (WBZ/WSBK): WHDH @ 1:00p (2:30a repeat)

Chicago (WBBM): WCIU-DT2 @ 1:00a

Dallas (KTVT/KTXA): KTXA @ 10:00a
Denver (KCNC): KCDO 😱 @ 1:00a

Detroit (WWJ/WKBD): WXYZ 🤔 @ 10:00a
Los Angeles (KCBS/KCAL): KCOP @ 3:00p

Miami (WFOR/WBFS): WBFS @ 8:00a

Minneapolis (WCCO): WUCW @ 1:30a
New York (WCBS/WLNY): WLNY @ 8:00a

Philadelphia (KYW/WPSG): WPSG @ 9:00a

Pittsburgh (KDKA/WPCW): Not airing here apparently
Sacramento (KOVR/KMAX): KMAX @ 1:00p
San Francisco (KPIX/KBCW): KRON @ 11:00a (3:00a repeat)

Seattle (KSTW): KOMO @ 1:00a

Tampa (WTOG): WTTA @ 10:00a

None of the CBS O&Os are carrying it, while 6 CW O&Os, including five in duopoly markets with the sixth being CW-only Atlanta, are airing it (with three competing against CBS This Morning). Strangely, WXYZ is carrying the show in Detroit as a lead-in to The View, while a third-string independent station in the Denver market (KCDO) is carrying it there. It's not even on the air in Pittsburgh, apparently.

Suffice it to say, I don't see The Doctors lasting past 2020, but the timeslots are nothing to write home about either. Timeslots do matter since Kelly Clarkson is doing well as an NBC-distributed property (it was even advertised on at least Week 1 of Football Night in America!). Certainly a much larger distributor like CBS would do the same for Drew Barrymore, who had become a star child actress when Kelly Clarkson was in diapers. Then again, whether or not it airs on a CBS property is moot since Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! have been on ABC O&Os for most of their runs and ET was actually on WABC in New York and KNBC in LA in the 80s.

But since it's apparent the CBS O&Os will be carrying Drew Barrymore, something will have to give. If not Dr. Phil, the courtroom shows could move over to the junior CW stations, or at least drop their second airings to accommodate her talk show.

For the first time in nearly 30 years, 'America's Favorite Quiz Show' is headed for a primetime run this winter. Jeopardy! champions Jennings, Rutter, and Holzhauer will face off over 3 to 7 nights (6 to 14 standard games) from January 7-10 & 14-16 on ABC, all dependent on how long it takes for one of the champions to reach 3 match wins (1 night = 1 match). Therefore, the 4 latter shows may not be necessary, almost like a postseason series in some sports.

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-events/who-greatest-jeopardy-player-all-time

5 hours ago, 24994J said:

For the first time in nearly 30 years, 'America's Favorite Quiz Show' is headed for a primetime run this winter. Jeopardy! champions Jennings, Rutter, and Holzhauer will face off over 3 to 7 nights (6 to 14 standard games) from January 7-10 & 14-16 on ABC, all dependent on how long it takes for one of the champions to reach 3 match wins (1 night = 1 match). Therefore, the 4 latter shows may not be necessary, almost like a postseason series in some sports.

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-events/who-greatest-jeopardy-player-all-time

I just hope that Alex is OK and still up to the challenge.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:59 AM, CircleSeven said:

Fox continues with the renewal train with three of its own shows. Divorce Court, Dish Nation, and its new game show 25 Words or Less. are renewed for 2020-21 season.

I hope that renewal comes with a budget raise for 25 Words; I love the concept and the execution of the game itself, but the set looks like it was constructed to host a student production on a PBS station. Two random backgrounds, TGI Friday's booth seating for the players, the middle lectern and the cheesy letters atop the set? I've seen a Mexican game show that has to use another show's set and they do a much better job making it their own compared to 25 Words (the 'consolation prize' being a HomeGoods gift card should be a prize on a local advertorial show, not a national game show).

15 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

I've seen a Mexican game show that has to use another show's set and they do a much better job making it their own...

L Oh freaking L !

Sounds like @mrschrimpf has been watching the mid-day offering of Estrella TV.  Lagrameta y Costell ,  El Show W/ Don Cheto, Mucho Talento,  and a few other Estrella Shows use the same set...all day. I think even Tumba Burros is also trying to hijack the lone set.

Funnier yet...

Many of those shows also use those same two Chica's (Mucho Caliente)...you know...the ones with the giant....

image.thumb.png.5352ab7e4cc590600a6bd223b16fd7b6.png

Avocados...

(Ha,Ha! ..You all thought I was gonna say "t*ts")

On 9/1/2019 at 7:19 PM, TV Time said:

Yes, syndicated programs include: America Says, The Mel Robbins Show & 25 Words or Less

Well, in my area, WNCN picked up Mel Robbins and put it in its 9AM slot, replacing two episodes of Judge Judy, WRDC airs 25 words or less, and I don't know about America Says

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, CircleSeven said:

Tamron Hall's talk show has been renewed for season 2.

Hopefully by then, it'll be on in Miami, where I feel her show needs to be. I mean, seriously, channels 4, 6, 7, 10, 33, and 39, do you Really have a problem with her show being Anywhere on your schedules?

1 minute ago, nbc4ne said:

Hopefully by then, it'll be on in Miami, where I feel her show needs to be. I mean, seriously, channels 4, 6, 7, 10, 33, and 39, do you Really have a problem with her show being Anywhere on your schedules?

Minneapolis-St. Paul is another major market that did not clear her show.

4 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

And MSP has 4, 5/45, 9/29, 11, and 23! What's the excuse?

Unfortunately, you have two airing locally produced shows (KSTP with TCL for 90 minutes starting at 3:00 and KMSP with Jason), WCCO having Dr. Phil, Ellen and WOF, KSTC mainly being home of comedy shows and KARE airing its TEGNA shows plus Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and ET.

That would leave WUCW as a possible home at 8AM CT for Tamron Hall. Instead, they air paid programs under MN Marketplace. Yeah, prettty rough in this market.

some changes with the intro of the 9am hour of PIX11 Morning News by 1/6/20.

Mel Robbins show moves 1 hr back to 10a (competing vs Wendy, Tamron, Hoda + Jenna, LMAD)

Maury pushed back to 11a (yes, he's competing vs TPIR, N4NY, the real + the view)

Couples Court pushed back to 12p

Jerry Springer (CW reruns) remains at 1p

Judge Jerry moves to 2p (despite success, his airings in NY get cut by 1/2, that other slot will be occupied by...)

Right This Minute at 2:30p (made possible with the Scripps acquisition of PIX, one solo airing)

DailyMail TV at 3p (pushed off from 2p, airs vs Dr Phil, Ellen, Peoples Court + GH) this eliminates a 2nd run of Maury.

Steve Wilkos remains at 4p

975@2x.jpg

Archived