2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

52 minutes ago, sctvhound said:

In Charleston:

WCBD- Mel Robbins replaces Wendy Williams at 3pm. No other changes.

Whoa, Nexstar seems to be hating Wendy Williams. WSPA, WCMH, and now, WCBD. I’m now under the impression her show is headed for the graveyard. I guess the off-camera is proving to be too much.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nbc4ne said:

Whoa, Nexstar seems to be hating Wendy Williams. WSPA, WCMH, and now, WCBD. I’m now under the impression her show is headed for the graveyard. I guess the off-camera is proving to be too much.

I would have thought this is the year that Gray's WBAY might have moved her to 11am, but they're keeping her on at 12:07am; 11am is getting Inside Edition and Pawn Stars (down to one airing a day), and 9:30am/1:37am is getting 50 Words. At this point she better have an amazing season or only FTS is going to keep her as-is.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, johnothy said:

I don’t know why WSB and WPXI are airing Kelly Clarkson in the overnight hours and keeping Right This Minute in daytime. I thought that show was on its way out after ABC owned stations and Gray stations dropped it. 

Why did Gray drop Right This Minute didn't they have a stake in the show once they merged with Raycom early this year. I thought that would be a great deal for Gray but I guess not did they even air RTM on any TV station they own that wasn't Raycom?

RTM stays on WXSP for this year if it gets renewed for 2020-21 maybe it moves to Scripps WXMI Fox17 as they will be the owner at this time next year and have a stake in the show. Some more shows WWMT will air NCIS NO early Sun at 3:30AM & 1:30AM late Sun/early Mon, WZZM to air Byron Allan's weather bloopers show at late Sun/early Mon at 1:30AM. WXMI Fox17 airs Business First AM at 4AM M-F which moved Just For Laughs to 1:30AM replacing American Dad, although I wonder once Scripps owns Fox17 in a couple of weeks they replace it with The List.   

On 9/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, nbc4ne said:

Wendy Williams comes on at 10AM on WOTV it has been at 10AM for years second run of Wendy comes on at 4AM on WXSP.

58 minutes ago, Megatron81 said:

Why did Gray drop Right This Minute didn't they have a stake in the show once they merged with Raycom early this year.

Because there's so many better shows in syndication they can carry than a viral video rundown show. Like Nexstar with Hollywood Today Live, it just makes no sense to carry that show if it gets no ratings and costs more than it's worth; apply the same argument to the ABC O&Os.

4 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

Why did Gray drop Right This Minute didn't they have a stake in the show once they merged with Raycom early this year. I thought that would be a great deal for Gray but I guess not did they even air RTM on any TV station they own that wasn't Raycom?

3 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Because there's so many better shows in syndication they can carry than a viral video rundown show. Like Nexstar with Hollywood Today Live, it just makes no sense to carry that show if it gets no ratings and costs more than it's worth; apply the same argument to the ABC O&Os.

Looking at this listing (and its an updated one) they're still a boat load of Gray stations (including the pre-Raycom ones (KALB, KNOE, KTUU, WCJB, WBXX)) that still carry the program.

ONE MORE ATLANTA UPDATE: Even though it was tested on WAGA last year (among other Fox O&Os), it's WPCH who has 25 Words Or Less at 4:00 pm; in addition, they also took DailyMailTV from WSB and slotted it at 3:00 am, replacing the Inside Edition repeat.

Over at WSB-land, the Entertainment Tonight repeat returns to 1:05 am after Nightline, meaning insomniacs can catch that in between Access Hollywood at 12:30 on WAGA and Extra at 2:07 on WXIA.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, Georgie56 said:

Dallas/Fort Worth 

KDFW: ExtraExtra replacing Access at 6:30pm.

KXAS: Access Daily replaces Rachael Ray at 1pm, Kelly Clarkson replaces Steve at 2pm, and Access replaces Extra at 6:30.

WFAA: No change

KTVT: Tamron Hall replaces Face The Truth at 2pm.

KTXA: Lots of changes here. Rachael Ray replaces the Entertainment Studios hour of America's Court and Justice With Judge Mablean at 9am, the block moves to 11am, replacing The Doctors, which moves to 10am. As mentioned before, Millionaire is replaced with a rebroadcast of KTVT's 6pm. An hour of How I Met Your Mother is replaced by a Jeopardy rerun and Celebrity Page, HIMYM moves to 8pm.

KDFI: No change (as of yet)

KDAF: Judge Jerry replaces Steve Wilkos at 9am. Mel Robbins replaces Jerry Springer at noon.

Update for KDFI: A full hour of America Says at 4pm and 25 Words or Less at 5:30.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, Georgie56 said:

Dallas/Fort Worth 

KDFW: ExtraExtra replacing Access at 6:30pm.

KXAS: Access Daily replaces Rachael Ray at 1pm, Kelly Clarkson replaces Steve at 2pm, and Access replaces Extra at 6:30.

WFAA: No change

KTVT: Tamron Hall replaces Face The Truth at 2pm.

KTXA: Lots of changes here. Rachael Ray replaces the Entertainment Studios hour of America's Court and Justice With Judge Mablean at 9am, the block moves to 11am, replacing The Doctors, which moves to 10am. As mentioned before, Millionaire is replaced with a rebroadcast of KTVT's 6pm. An hour of How I Met Your Mother is replaced by a Jeopardy rerun and Celebrity Page, HIMYM moves to 8pm.

KDFI: No change (as of yet)

KDAF: Judge Jerry replaces Steve Wilkos at 9am. Mel Robbins replaces Jerry Springer at noon.

On WFAA: Sister Circle remains at 2pm, Inside Edition moves to 2:30pm and DBL (Daily Blast Live) moves to 3-4pm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 2:20 AM, mrschimpf said:

WPXI in Pittsburgh see things differently. RTM remains at 1pm while Kelly Clarkson airs at 3am.

1 hour ago, Superdude said:

WPXI in Pittsburgh see things differently. RTM remains at 1pm while Kelly Clarkson airs at 3am.

GIve it until January. Once WPXI sees how well Kelly Clarkson performs acorss the country, they'll move it up.

1 hour ago, NEOMatrix said:

GIve it until January. Once WPXI sees how well Kelly Clarkson performs acorss the country, they'll move it up.

It may be even sooner than that. At least I'm hoping. And if I were them, I'd bump Wendy Williams to a later time and put Kelly at 11am, following the Today Show, as a lead in to the noon news. 

They're not bumping Judge Judy from her 4pm slot as that show is a pretty good lead in to the 5pm news. But it could go to 2pm, which is currently Rachael Ray's time slot. But who knows? We shall see...

7 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

They came to their senses!

Sister station WPXI 11 in Pittsburgh needs to do the same.  They are still airing Right This Minute at 1:00pm while Kelly's show is on at 3:00am...I don't know why these stations kept Right This Minute in daytime anyway.

13 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Maybe because it's a pretty popular show...?

National average for RTM is a .8. I don’t think that qualifies as ‘pretty popular.’ Stations sticking with it are mostly doing so bc they have an ownership stake and/or bc it’s cheap to acquire. 

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/syndication-ratings-rookies-retreat-in-week-two

Archived