2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/26/2019 at 2:20 AM, SS8609 said:

According to what I have seen on TitanTV, here's what I know for weekdays in Houston:

KTXH (Ch. 20/Ind.) (MyNetworkTV is NOT a network anymore)

25 Words or Less is not officially listed anywhere, but I have to assume it will probably replace one of the two hours of Family Feud that airs on KTXH. The website says 6:00 am on either KTXH or KRIV except KRIV has its morning news and that hour on KTXH is surrounded by infomercials. Other than that, the schedule remains unchanged with the same block of afternoon repeats of what's on KRIV earlier in the day.

KIAH (Ch. 39/CW)

Mel Robbins does appear to be headed to 3:00 am as its site suggests, even though it won't be on air for another week until 9/16. There are still two runs of Maury at 1:00 and 4:00 pm, which seems rather wasteful. (Who really needs to watch a bunch of Trash TV surrounded by diploma mills and ambulance chasers?)

KUBE (Ch. 57/Ind.)

* Big changes from 4:00 to 9:00 pm, with a double run of Family Guy at 4:00 pm, a double run of Bob's Burgers at 5:00 pm, and Access Daily coming on at 6:00 pm. The Cleveland Show, American Dad! and King of the Hill appear to be off the schedule. Rachael Ray will now come on at 7:00 pm followed by The Doctors at 8:00 pm. A double run of Right This Minute continues at 9:00 pm, and a double run of Funny You Should Ask will now air at 2:00 am.

No word yet on Protection Court, Personal Injury Court or America Says...

Final updates from Houston:

* It's official at KIAH: Mel Robbins WILL be airing at 3:00 am. Rather wasteful that Maury will have two runs in the afternoon but unsurprising since while Kelly Clarkson and Tamron Hall getting shafted elsewhere (looking at you Atlanta and Miami!) is shocking, nothing changes the fact that folks will be asking "Who the hell is Mel Robbins? A big band conductor?" when asked about the motivational speaker. If it were a Tony Robbins talk show - hot coals worthy of an ER trip and all - getting treated this way, it would be far more ludicrous than what KIAH is doing to poor Mel Robbins. At least the afternoon Trash TV block's main cash cow in the traffic department (personal injury trial lawyers) will now have to run disclaimers during their ads thanks to a new Texas law that just took effect.

* As for the Friends reruns Mel Robbins will be replacing? They will be moving apparently to a 2pm-6pm block on KIAH Saturday afternoon. Encouraging malicious binge watching and raising speculation about the on-again, off-again Friends revival/reunion.

TMZ moves to 6:30 pm on KRIV, cutting Modern Family's rerun count to one per night at 6:00 pm and sending the other to sister station KTXH at 9:30 pm, and we now know 25 Words or Less will air as a double run at 11:00 pm following KRIV's two hours of local news, the last half hour of which is hosted by a popular anchor known for catching a live grasshopper during a stand-up. And no more late night infomercials either: asides from Access at 12:00 am, there will be reruns of Dish Nation, TMZ, Access, Wendy Williams and Dish Nation and TMZ again leading into the six hours of local morning news KRIV airs from 4:00 to 10:00 am.

* KTXH will have a double run of Personal Injury Court at noon, shuffling reruns of Chicago PD to 8:00 am, Dateline to 10:00 am, and Judge Judy to 11:00 am (The 700 Club will still air (live from Virginia Beach?) at 9:00 am at least until Nexstar completes its acquisition of KIAH and, given their recent business ties to Pat Robertson's bread-and-butter, possibly pry it from KTXH's cold, dead hands). The afternoon lead outs will be double runs of Live PD: Police Patrol (reruns) at 1:00 pm, Caught in Providence at 2:00 pm, Divorce Court at 3:00 pm and America Says (also reruns) at 4:00 pm. And yes, there will be two hours of Family Feud from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.

* Protection Court will air a double run at 1:00 pm on KUBE, replacing the canceled Face the Truth.

* And finally, while not a syndicated show, KPRC will still delay NBC's late night endcap by a full hour - at least until the Graham family cashes out and NBC swoops in to pair it with Telemundo O&O KTMD. A Little Late with Lilly Singh may have replaced Last Call with Carson Daly, but an ET rerun and Celebrity Page remains in the hour following Late Night with Seth Meyers.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:09 AM, J1975am said:

In Baton Rouge, Kelly Clarkson’s show will be airing on WAFB at 4p, which is huge news, because this means that “The Young & the Restless” which has aired at 4p for almost three decades will be moving to its in-pattern time of 11a, displacing “Price is Right” to its in-pattern network time of 10a. 

Tamron Hall airs at 3p, & my guess is “25 Words or Less” which mentions WAFB on its website as one of the stations carrying the show, will be at 9a.

No changes on WBRZ or WVLA as far as I know....

Regardless, WAFB’s move of “Y&R” from afternoons back to 11a is HUGE (and it was highly rated at 4p)!! 

The number of shows that aired before Y&R in the afternoons on WAFB over the years are too numerous to mention; I’ll post them at a later time....

I mentioned Kelly Clarkson's show replacing "The Young & the Restless" at 4p on WAFB this month, and the shows that aired before or after "Y&R" in the afternoons over the years are too numerous to mention (they moved to 3p in the summer of '88, and later to 4p in the summer of '91), but I'll post this list here anyway (if this post needs to be moved to another category, fine with me, no worries). Here goes:

--Jeopardy! (moved to WBRZ in 1995)

--The People's Court (the original, with Judge Wapner)

--The Challengers (the 1990-91 game show with Dick Clark)

--A Current Affair (moved to WBRZ in 1994 and lasted a year there before being dropped)

--the short-lived 1994 syndicated nighttime "Price is Right" (with Doug Davidson of "Y&R," no less)

--Extra (briefly, in its first season of 1994-95)

--Montel Williams (WAFB started carrying his show in March of '95 and carried it all the way to the show's end in 2008)

--The Doctors (in its first season [2008-09])

--Dr. Oz

--Harry Connick Jr.'s show 

--Family Feud (w/Steve Harvey) [another run airs at 6:30p]

I may have missed a show or two, I hope not, but those are the shows in question...

10 hours ago, SS8609 said:

Final updates from Houston:

* And finally, while not a syndicated show, KPRC will still delay NBC's late night endcap by a full hour - at least until the Graham family cashes out and NBC swoops in to pair it with Telemundo O&O KTMD. A Little Late with Lilly Singh may have replaced Last Call with Carson Daly, but an ET rerun and Celebrity Page remains in the hour following Late Night with Seth Meyers.

KSNF in Joplin, Mo., has delayed NBC's 12:35 a.m. show -- whether it be Later, Last Call or A Little Late -- until 4 a.m. I lived in the market during the Bob Costas Later days, and checking the new schedule, that's still the case. Bumped by a lot of hourlong talk/court shows that everyone else plays in daytime.

1 hour ago, fan of la tv said:

Not good for The Mel Robbins Show. KTLA has scheduled the program at 3:05 AM. Interesting that KTLA has kept old Jerry Springer reruns at 2 PM. 

Aren't those the episodes for the CW?

5 hours ago, fan of la tv said:

Not good for The Mel Robbins Show. KTLA has scheduled the program at 3:05 AM. Interesting that KTLA has kept old Jerry Springer reruns at 2 PM. 

3 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Aren't those the episodes for the CW?

Yes they are. I thought that they would try to downgrade the timeslot for Jerry.

I got to ask this question, when it comes to these new shows (talk shows or otherwise) who ultimately makes the final call about which newer shows to carry, etc.?

It just seems clear to me that some of the people who are supposed to be making the decisions on to clear the new shows aren't doing a very good job at it. I mean you got several Cox owned stations airing Kelly and Tamron overnight and you got one of the largest markets in the country that hasn't picked up Tamron (Miami) and new episodes for the syndicated shows start this Monday.

8 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

I got to ask this question, when it comes to these new shows (talk shows or otherwise) who ultimately makes the final call about which newer shows to carry, etc.?

It just seems clear to me that some of the people who are supposed to be making the decisions on to clear the new shows aren't doing a very good job at it. I mean you got several Cox owned stations airing Kelly and Tamron overnight and you got one of the largest markets in the country that hasn't picked up Tamron (Miami) and new episodes for the syndicated shows start this Monday.

That would be your station's friendly neighborhood program director -- although many of the calls on whether or not to pick up shows is predominately made on the corporate level any more. Decades ago, the trade magazines would list stations that had picked up the shows, and it eventually became the broadcast groups.

1 hour ago, KS-IL-IA said:

That would be your station's friendly neighborhood program director -- although many of the calls on whether or not to pick up shows is predominately made on the corporate level any more. Decades ago, the trade magazines would list stations that had picked up the shows, and it eventually became the broadcast groups.

Maybe perhaps I should be the one making the call in the future because clearly I would've not allowed for example WSB or any other Cox-owned station to bury Kelly Clarkson to an overnight slot. In my opinion, that's unacceptable.

3 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Starting September 16th, The Wendy Williams Show and Family Feud will use (2006-2011) TV-PG and CC bug by CBS TV Distribution.

After the credits, the CBS Television Distribution appears.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:54 PM, tw-804 said:

Here In Richmond: (source: TitanTV, Zap2It)

WTVR (CBS): On September 9th, Steve will be replaced by the new CBS 6 News at 4pm. I saw a couple of promos for the new newscast (on TV) featuring 5pm anchors Rob Desir and Julie Bragg. I also saw a promo (on Facebook) for the new 4pm newscast featuring noon anchor Cheryl Miller and meteorologist Tom Patton. Maybe the newscast features all four.

WRIC (ABC): The Dr. Oz Show leaves the station tomorrow (8/30). Rachael Ray will air at 3pm (Oz's soon-to-be old slot) starting Monday (9/2). But it will be temporary until The Mel Robbins Show takes the slot on September 16th. Meanwhile, Rachael Ray will continue to air at 1:05am after ABC's Nightline.

WWBT (NBC): On September 9th, The Kelly Clarkson Show will air at 2pm replacing both Daily Blast Live and Right This Minute. The two replaced the short-lived Me Time with Frangela not too long ago. Right This Minute continues to air at 8 & 8:30am on sister station WUPV. Meanwhile, The Tamron Hall Show will air at 3pm replacing The Wendy Williams Show. Wendy continues to air at 10am live on WUPV (the show has been airing on that station since the beginning).

WRLH (FOX): On September 9th, infomercials will replace the now-canceled Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (1pm). Judge Judy will replace Face The Truth at 3 & 3:30pm (maybe it's temporary). The show continues to air at 5 & 5:30pm. I saw a promo for America Says on WRLH, but I'm guessing it will be at 1pm. WRLH is also getting the new game show 25 Words or Less.

WUPV (CW): On September 2nd, The Dr. Oz Show moves from WRIC to WUPV. It will be the THIRD station in Richmond that will air his show. Dr. Oz began on WTVR in 2009 (at 4pm) and then moved to WRIC in 2014 (at 3pm to replace Steve Harvey - back when his show was in Chicago - after its first two seasons on the station). Steve Harvey moved from WRIC to WTVR the same year and WTVR also aired its successor, Steve, from 2017 until the end of its run. Dr. Oz will take The Real's timeslot. What will happen to The Real? It will still air on WUPV but it will move to... wait for it... to 6am. Yes, 6:00AM. Yeah, set your alarms, Richmond. Meanwhile, Judge Jerry will air at Noon and 12:30 on September 9th replacing Dateline. Dateline will move to 1am. It will replace Chicago P.D., which will move to 7:00am (not kidding). Mike & Molly moved to WUPV from WRLH a couple months ago. It airs at 10pm, moving The Goldbergs to 11pm.

I'll update the post for changes.

We have some more updates here in Richmond. This is a continuation of my post from last Thursday (August 29th). For WRLH (FOX), it looks like my guess was right. America Says will air at 1pm September 16th while 25 Words or Less will air at 1:30pm. Also, they're also getting Personal Injury Court at 3pm and 3:30pm on that date as well. Until Personal Injury Court debuts, Judge Judy will be on that timeslot next week (Judy continues to air at its regular time at 5 and 5:30pm). Meanwhile, WUPV (CW) is getting Protection Court at 8am and 8:30am, replacing Right This Minute. Right This Minute will move to 12:30am. Remember I mentioned the promos I saw on TV and Facebook for the new 4pm newscast on WTVR? Well, it will be anchored by Rob Desir and Julie Bragg (they also anchor the 5pm newscast). Cheryl Miller (who anchors the noon newscast), meteorologist Tom Patton and new reporter Bree Sison (pronounced "season") will also be in the new newscast.

In the Lafayette, LA, area:

KATC:

--Kelly Clarkson's show airs at 2p, replacing Wendy Williams

KLFY:

--no changes, other than the cancellation of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire"

KADN:

--Justice w/Judge Mablean replaces Divorce Court at 11a (which moves to MyAcadianaTV; see below); Funny You Should Ask airs at 4p, replacing Face the Truth; Comics Unleashed airs at 10:30p, replacing a run of DailyMailTV

KLAF:

--Dateline stays at 11a; The Doctors airs at 2p, Tamron Hall's show follows at 3, and then Access Live airs at 4, with Access (the main show) remaining at 6:30p

MyAcadianaTV:

--I'll give the full schedule, being there's a lot of changes: Pawn Stars (2x) at 7a, Impractical Jokers (2x) at 8a, Right This Minute at 9a (with another run at 12:30p on KLAF), Caught in Providence at 9:30a, Chicago P.D. moving to 10a (from 2p), Forensic Files (2x) at 11a, Protection Court (2x) at noon, Divorce Court (2x & moving from KADN) at 1p, Paternity Court (2x and moving from 5p), America's Court (2x) at 3p, The People's Court at 4p (with another run on KADN at noon), TMZ Live at 5p (moving from KLAF), Dish Nation at 6p & TMZ at 6:30p, MyNetworkTV at 7p, Last Man Standing (2x) at 9p, How I Met Your Mother (2x) at 10p, Mom at 11p

Yes, 3 Byron Allen-produced programs get prime daily spots on a Fox affiliate's schedule (and Allen's company owns KADN/KLAF/MyAcadianaTV)!!

On 9/2/2019 at 8:34 AM, ColDayNews said:

Wendy got her start in Columbus on WWHO — so it’s like going home. I’m surprised they haven’t let go of The People’s Court or Divorce Court yet.

I’m shocked 4 didn’t get Kelly Clarkson, seeing as it was Steve’s direct replacement.

However, Media General began to move away from NBCUniversal Television Distribution as the station’s main syndication provider... looks as if Nexstar is continuing that. Sinclair must have been willing to pay more than Nexstar for it.

Yeah, I thought that Nexstar was going to get Tamron Hall or Kelly Clarkson for Wood TV or sister station WOTV. That is what I think as well Sinclair paid more for both shows than Nexstar did Tamron will be on CW7 Kelly Clarkson on WWMT.

WOTV moving Access Hollywood from 7PM to 5:30PM which when Access Hollywood made it's debut 20 years ago was on at 5:30PM wasn't until 2001 when it was in 7:30PM or 7PM hour. Second EP of Black-ish will air at 2AM which was Rules at 2AM. Second hour of Family Feud 7PM to 8PM first hour on WXSP 6PM to 7PM. WXSP Dish Nation will be on at 11PM on 16TH hasn't been on at 11PM since fall of 14, Mike & Molly will get a full hour at 5PM to 6PM on 16TH Mom from 12AM to 1AM, Chi PD moves from 12:30AM to 1AM, Cops from 1:30PM to 2AM, Live PD: Police Patrol from 2AM to 2:30AM, Second run Wendy Williams will air at 4AM which starts in a couple of hours replacing a second run of The People's Court which will remain at 3PM, Made In Hollywood will return after 6 years not being cleared in the West Michigan TV market and has only aired 3 years total out of 15 years at 11PM on Sat, Teen Edition has been on longer than the main show ever has been on since fall of 13 or 14.

CW7 America Says 4PM & 11PM on the 16TH, 25 Word Or Less 4:30PM & 11:30PM, Bob's Burgers at 12:30AM which the weekend run was on WXSP for years. Jokers show will be moving to weekends only late Sat Night I think.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:08 PM, TV Time said:

Starting September 16th, The Wendy Williams Show and Family Feud will use (2006-2011) TV-PG and CC bug by CBS TV Distribution.

After the credits, the CBS Television Distribution appears.

What does this have to do with anything??

On 9/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, TV Time said:

Hey Palm Springs, update (as of 9/6)

America Says premieres on KPSE MyTV September 16 at 9am! (x2)

At least this is the first useful post from you that I've seen, unlike your others which contain suspiciously fake information.

Programing update for the Denver market:

Beginning today 9/9/19,

KCDO has added Judge Jerry, Intervention & a local show called Good Morning Vail.   It is dropping Caught in Providence, The Doctors & Face The Truth, according to it's Facebook page. 

Judge Jerry isn't listed on it's online Titan TV programing guide through 9/20 however.

In Charleston:

WCBD- Mel Robbins replaces Wendy Williams at 3pm. No other changes.

WCBD-CW: Judge Jerry gets a double-run at 4pm in addition to a 7am double run. Live PD: Police Patrol airs as a double run at 5pm. 

WCIV-DT-2- Good Morning Charleston got a 30 minute extension to 4:30 am on 9/9. Kelly Clarkson airs at 3pm. 

WCSC- Hot Bench moves to a double run at 9am, Tamron Hall airing at 3pm. Extra airs at 1:07am.

WTAT- Funny You Should Ask double-run airs at 6:30am. Judge Judy reruns at 9am. Wendy Williams moves to WTAT at 10am from WCBD. Protection Court airs at 12pm. America’s Court airs at 3am, The Verdict at 3:30.

WCIV- Dr. Oz airs at 9am. America Says at 10am and 4pm, 25 Words or Less at 10:30 and 4:30. Couples Court double run at noon. Caught in Providence moves to 2pm, Personal Injury Court airs as a double run at 3pm. DailyMailTV moves from a daytime slot to 1am double run..

Archived