2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

52 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

I look at KCDO's website frequently and am impressed by its schedule. Is it considered in the Denver market?

I wanna say yes, considering it does air KMGH's repeats of "Denver 7 News" in multiple timeslots. Sterling is appx. 2 hours away from Denver but its also appx. 2 hours away from Cheyenne, Wyo.

Officially... KCDO is a part of the Denver market.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/30/2019 at 4:16 AM, justin2kx said:

I still don't get why FOX o&os didn't pick up Steve Harvey talk show, but i'll digress. Man has a lot on the plate to deal, including expanding Family Feud to Africa, which he'll be host there. 

WJZY did pick up Kelly Clarkson, the show that replaced it. Not sure if any others did. WBTV had Steve, but it opted to replace it with “QC at 3”, to complement “Morning Break” at 9, which is being renamed “QC in the Morning.” (Personally I would have kept the Morning Break name and called the 3:00 show “Afternoon Break.” ) Anyways...back to Kelly Clarkson...so technically this show is returning to its original home as Steve Harvey’s talk show debuted on WJZY around the time they switched to Fox. It moved to WBTV when Queen Latifah was cancelled. 

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

WJZY did pick up Kelly Clarkson, the show that replaced it. Not sure if any others did. WBTV had Steve, but it opted to replace it with “QC at 3”, to complement “Morning Break” at 9, which is being renamed “QC in the Morning.” (Personally I would have kept the Morning Break name and called the 3:00 show “Afternoon Break.” ) Anyways...back to Kelly Clarkson...so technically this show is returning to its original home as Steve Harvey’s talk show debuted on WJZY around the time they switched to Fox. It moved to WBTV when Queen Latifah was cancelled. 

Speaking of WBTV... they will have a syndicated program after all with Funny You Should Ask... at 1:35 AM instead of a paid program. Idk why they couldn't just air a First Alert Weather Radar simulcast instead. Would've been great. 😂😋

On 8/27/2019 at 8:58 AM, DetroitTVNews said:

Detroit

WJBK will replace Steve Harvey in the 2 PM hour with Access and the newly-renamed ExtraExtra.

WXYZ will pick up Kelly Clarkson at 3 PM, replacing Pickler & Ben.

WMYD will pick up Tamron Hall at 11 AM, shoving the two episodes of The Verdict one hour earlier, replacing Caught In Providence; and will also pick up Judge Jerry in the 4 PM hour, displacing Live PD to the 7 PM hour, replacing Funny You Should Ask.

WADL will pick up the newly-minted weeknight Bob's Burgers airings in the 11 PM hour.

WWJ will pick up 25 Words or Less in the 9 AM hour, displacing Dr. Oz to the 4 PM hour, replacing Face the Truth. The WWTBAM/Family Feud hour at 3 PM will be replaced with infomercials.

Starting September 16th, WWJ will pick up Mel Robbins at 3 PM. The infomercials are just as I had expected, placeholders.

In Cleveland:

WKYC: Kelly Clarkson at 2pm, replacing Wendy Williams (which moves to WEWS)

WEWS: Wendy William's at 10am, replacing Pickler and Ben. Tamron Hall at 3pm, replacing Right this Minute.

WJW: Mel Robbins at 11am, replacing Dr Oz (moves to WBNX)

WOIO: Cribbs in the CLE (local show) at 9am, reducing Sunny Side Up to 30 minutes at 9:30am.

WUAB: Infomercials at 7am, Personal Injury Court at 9am, Judge Jerry at 1pm, 25 Words at 5pm, repeat of Cribbs at 7pm (moving Inside Edition to 11pm).

WBNX: The Verdict at 9am and 3:30pm, and Protection Court at 9:30am and 3pm (no more 90 and 9 club at 9am!). Dr Oz at 11am, Doctors at Noon, Dateline at 4pm America Says at 8:30pm.

Meanwhile in the Yo:

WFMJ: No Changes

WKBN: Tamron Hall at 4pm, THAT'S IT!!!!!

WYTV: Mel Robbins at 3pm, Kelly Clarkson at 4pm, 25 Words at 5pm, 33 NEWS @ 7 AT 7PM, moving ET to 7:30pm.

WYFX: Judge Jerry at 3pm, likely changes overnight.

WBCB: Family Feud at 4pm, Personal Injury Court at 1pm, Protection Court at 2pm.

16 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

WKYC in Cleveland is changing their afternoon lineup with Kelly Clarkson's show coming on at 2pm, and Ellen and Dr. Phil switching slots.  Only Daily Blast Live is staying put at 3pm.  It all starts Monday.

I imagine it's only for a few months, since WKYC is supposed to start a 5pm newscast in 2020.  With this schedule, it will be easy to drop Daily Blast Live then move Dr. Phil to 3 and Ellen back to 4...

13 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Speaking of WBTV... they will have a syndicated program after all with Funny You Should Ask... at 1:35 AM instead of a paid program. Idk why they couldn't just air a First Alert Weather Radar simulcast instead. Would've been great. 😂😋

Haha...yep...I think I posted that earlier in the thread. Much like if a tree falls in the forest but no one is around...if no one is awake to watch it, will it really air?! 🤪

4 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

In Cleveland:

WKYC: Kelly Clarkson at 2pm, replacing Wendy Williams (which moves to WEWS)

WEWS: Wendy William's at 10am, replacing Pickler and Ben. Tamron Hall at 3pm, replacing Right this Minute.

WJW: Mel Robbins at 11am, replacing Dr Oz (moves to WBNX)

WOIO: Cribbs in the CLE (local show) at 9am, reducing Sunny Side Up to 30 minutes at 9:30am.

WUAB: Infomercials at 7am, Personal Injury Court at 9am, Judge Jerry at 1pm, 25 Words at 5pm, repeat of Cribbs at 7pm (moving Inside Edition to 11pm).

WBNX: The Verdict at 9am and 3:30pm, and Protection Court at 9:30am and 3pm (no more 90 and 9 club at 9am!). Dr Oz at 11am, Doctors at Noon, Dateline at 4pm America Says at 8:30pm.

WUAB is also adding Bob's Burgers at 11:30pm, while WEWS moves Right This Minute back to 12:30pm.  

4 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

I imagine it's only for a few months, since WKYC is supposed to start a 5pm newscast in 2020.  With this schedule, it will be easy to drop Daily Blast Live then move Dr. Phil to 3 and Ellen back to 4...

Maybe at least move DBL to overnights.  Could there be a possibility that Ellen or Dr. Phil changes stations if DBL stays put?

And after further confirmation...despite it moving to a few key Fox O&Os, Extra will remain on WXIA at 2:00 am while Access Hollywood stays on WAGA's schedule at 12:30 am; the latter may have picked up 25 Words Or Less, but is saving it for 2:00 am after Page Six TV leaves.

As far as Anchorage, Alaska is concerned (I'm leaving my longtime home -- and now joke of a TV market -- Fairbanks alone):

KTUU: Kelly and Ryan moves to 11:00 am (so they can run all four hours of Today) while Tamron Hall and Kelly Clarkson take 2:00 and 3:00 pm respectively

KTVA: "To Be Announced" for 2:00 pm

KTBY, KYES, and KYUR: No change.

20 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

No, not other shows that are replacing it, I meant why they haven't picked up STEVE to add to its schedule, some of them instead are still relying on TMZ/Dish Nation/EXTRA/Access Reruns, treating it as a waste of space in the afternoons where they could do that late fringe.

It appears that Telepictures might have ditched the idea to re-brand Extra as ExtraExtra. On August 26, they posted a "two week" promo to the show's Instagram account. In the video you can see "ExtraExtra" on the monitors that surround their new newsroom based set at the Burbank Studios.  In the spot, Billy Bush says, "we are two weeks away from ExtraExtra" and the spot closes with their new logo. Yesterday they posted a "one week" promo and things have changed.  Gone are all references to ExtraExtra.

In the new promo Bush says, "we are one week away from the all new Extra." The set monitors display an Extra logo and the spot closes with that same logo. The "Extra Extra" music stinger remains in tact. Screenshots included.

Extra_OneWeek.jpg

Extra_OneWeek_Close.jpg

Extra_TwoWeeks.jpg

Extra_TwoWeeks_Close.jpg

14 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

Meanwhile in the Yo:

WFMJ: No Changes

WKBN: Tamron Hall at 4pm, THAT'S IT!!!!!

WYTV: Mel Robbins at 3pm, Kelly Clarkson at 4pm, 25 Words at 5pm, 33 NEWS @ 7 AT 7PM, moving ET to 7:30pm.

WYFX: Judge Jerry at 3pm, likely changes overnight.

WBCB: Family Feud at 4pm, Personal Injury Court at 1pm, Protection Court at 2pm.

I also just checked and "WBCB" is adding a repeat of WFMJ Today at 7 a.m., meaning the entire morning newscast will repeat again from 7-9 a.m.

Also, still no 5 p.m. news on WFMJ.

Changes in Terre Haute, Indiana:

WTWO picks up "America Says" in place of the cancelled WWTBAM at 12pm.

WTHI-10.1: no significant weekday changes.

WTHI-10.2 picks up Kelly Clarkson to replace Steve Harvey at 4pm.

-The secondary runs of Family Feud are gone (were these episodes pulled from syndication altogether?).

-25 Words or Less will double run at 5pm. These replace one of the secondary Family Feuds and TMZ (which still airs overnight on WTHI-10.1).

-Access (Hollywood) finally moves out of the buried 4:30am slot to 10:30pm, replacing the other secondary Family Feud.

-Face the Truth is long gone, and the single run of Funny You Should Ask is pushed to overnights.

WTHI-10.3, which carries the CW+, generally follows their standard schedule.

-Judge Jerry double runs at 7am and 4pm.

-Live PD: Police Patrol reruns make their debut in a double run at 5pm, followed by a double run of Bob's Burgers at 6pm.

-Sheriffs: El Dorado County makes its weekday run at 6:30am.

WAWV: no significant change, save for a second run of Two and a Half Men at 1:30am (temporarily replacing Simpsons reruns, which return later in the season).

No clearances for Mel Robbins, Tamron Hall, Personal Injury Court, or Protection Court.

Changes in Indianapolis:

WTTV-4.1: Tamron Hall fills the 9am slot, replacing a double run of the cancelled WWTBAM.

WTTV-4.2: America Says will air at 7:30am and 1am.

-Sheriffs: El Dorado County will air at 1:30am.

WRTV: Wendy Williams, previously on WNDY, moves to 10am, replacing the cancelled Pickler and Ben.

-Judge Jerry premieres for a double run at 3pm, replacing Right This Minute and Caught in Providence. Right This Minute will move to 12:30pm, with a second run overnights following a double run of Caught in Providence, which moves to 1am.

-Daily Blast Live leaves the station to move to Tegna's acquired WTHR.

WISH: Biggest change is the introduction of a 4pm newscast. Family Feud's primary double run moves to 3pm.

WTHR: Kelly Clarkson replaces Access Live (Daily) at 11am. Access Daily moves to overnights at 2:30am.

-Daily Blast Live moves to the station, airing at 2am.

WNDY: Personal Injury Court premieres at 2:30pm.

-Protection Court premieres for a double run at 3pm.

-25 Words or Less premieres for a double run at 5pm.

-Bob's Burgers airs at the highly-watched hour of 4am.

WXIN: Mel Robbins replaces Maury at 10am (which still has an airing at 1pm).

10 hours ago, Marvin Dillweed said:

Changes in Indianapolis:

WTTV-4.2: America Says will air at 7:30am and 1am.

-Sheriffs: El Dorado County will air at 1:30am.

I didn't realize that WTTV was locally programming its subchannel. How's it branded?

32 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

I didn't realize that WTTV was locally programming its subchannel. How's it branded?

Remember that WTTV 4.2 was suppose to been The CW subchannel (after the main channel's acquisition of CBS from WISH), until WISH's former owner Media General (after they acquired LIN) bought the affiliation from them, and moved it there. Most of WTTV's programming from the main channel prior to CBS, was move to the 4.2 sub. 

Are they still branded as "Indiana's 4.2" or have they done away with that brand?

47 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Remember that WTTV 4.2 was suppose to been The CW subchannel (after the main channel's acquisition of CBS from WISH), until WISH's former owner Media General (after they acquired LIN) bought the affiliation from them, and moved it there. Most of WTTV's programming from the main channel prior to CBS, was move to the 4.2 sub. 

Are they still branded as "Indiana's 4.2" or have they done away with that brand?

According to Wikipedia, WTTV 4.2 is still using the "Indiana's 4.2" branding.

Hello, everyone. On another thought, Judge Jerry will be seen Seattle: on Joe TV, KZJO 22, at Noon and 12:30 p.m., beginning on Monday. A week later, the new seasons of Maury and Steve Wilkos, also on Joe TV; that station will be Seattle's exclusive home for those shows.

For the life of me, I can't figure out when Dr. Oz is airing in Evansville, IN starting 9/16... Looked at the guides and I'm seeing Mel Robbins replacing Oz on WEHT. 

WEHT using a third episode of Family Feud to replace WWTBAM, which ran its entire run M-F @ 6:30pm after the news. The first two eps. still rung 9-10 on WTVW.

Archived