2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

PLG doesn't want to give up one of their over-saturated news timeslots (9am or 3pm) to clear the program? That's pitiful.

Giving up one of those hours wouldn't hurt.

I do agree with all of you that WPLG could do without all of the extra Newscasts but how about some criticism towards other area stations. I mean, WSVN broadcasts a scripted court show at 2pm that could have been given up. And I'm sure WBFS or WSFL could have found the time for her as well without putting her in a graveyard slot like how KABB is choosing to do things. PLG isn't the only one who deserves to be criticized here. 

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

A bit surprising re: KPNX, since as far as I can tell it's the first Tegna station to pick up Full Court Press. Then again, neither Meredith nor Scripps have really picked it up for many stations either (Hearst has quite a few with it, so does Nexstar). 

I saw that KFMB-TV 8.2 (CW) in San Diego has also picked up Full Court Press, so KPNX isn't the lone Tegna station airing it. No Meredith stations I've found on their list, but Scripps is airing it on KMCI-38 in Kansas City, and it's also listed for WKBW in Buffalo (even though it doesn't show it on their schedule for 9/8).

42 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Why not go all local news outside of network programming then? It’s not as simple as you make it seem. 

KSNV in Las Vegas tried that for a while, and Sinclair abandoned it as soon as they took over. It also did not work in Houston with a station called KNWS. They eventually started scaling back their news programming sometime after the O.J. Simpson trial ended, began picking up syndicated shows, Astros games and whatever daytime shows KPRC rejected, and dropped news altogether by 1999. They are now an Azteca America station called KYAZ.

3 hours ago, SS8609 said:

KSNV in Las Vegas tried that for a while, and Sinclair abandoned it as soon as they took over. It also did not work in Houston with a station called KNWS. They eventually started scaling back their news programming sometime after the O.J. Simpson trial ended, began picking up syndicated shows, Astros games and whatever daytime shows KPRC rejected, and dropped news altogether by 1999. They are now an Azteca America station called KYAZ.

According to a source at WBTV, their plan is to go all local outside of Network Programming. 

What they are doing different is they are producing local lifestyle programming instead of all news.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:10 AM, Nelson R. said:

Would be nice if they would swap Your Carolina Today and Let’s Make a Deal. I do not understand why they air LMAD at 9.

WOW, just checked my zap2it which includes the Greenville-Spartanburg stations and it appears they are doing exactly that. About time WSPA came to their senses!

4 hours ago, elfuego35 said:

According to a source at WBTV, their plan is to go all local outside of Network Programming. 

What they are doing different is they are producing local lifestyle programming instead of all news.

The one exception, it appears, is at 1:37 am where it seems they have picked up “Funny You Should Ask” according to Titan TV but that time slot hardly counts.

8 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I'm not sure about 9AM but their 3PM news is actually successful. Might as well give up 9AM for Tamron Hall at 10AM.

Situations like this is why Buffett should've stepped in and bought WSFL. WPLG could've continued their morning news from 7-8am or 7-9am on SFL and have Live at 9am and Tamron at 10am on PLG. Best of both worlds.

Boston, as of 9/9 at least:

WBZ: No changes.

WCVB: Tamron Hall at 10:00 AM, Chronicle repeats at 12:30 PM as filler until 25 Words or Less starts up.

WHDH: Outside the change of Extra to ExtraExtra, no changes.

WBTS: DailyMailTV x2 to 2:00/2:30, Kelly Clarkson at 3:00.

WFXT: Mel Robbins is supposed to be at 3:00 as of 9/16. I don't know who would swap slots but the 1:00 hour being vacated by Face the Truth is being filled by repeats of ET and TMZ for the week of 9/9.

WSBK: No apparent changes.

WLVI: No changes. 

WMUR: Tamron Hall at 10:00 AM, Kelly Clarkson at 3:00 PM(!), New Hampshire Chronicle repeats at 7:30 PM for identical reasons to WCVB.

The reasoning for the odd sharing of Kelly Clarkson probably links to this: NBC and Hearst were the first two markets to sign on to the show and it was the easiest way to settle who got what.

Columbus, as of 9/9:

WBNS — No changes. CBS-centric lineup remains stagnant.

WCMH — Midday is extended to one hour. Wendy Williams is gone. Mel Robbins launches at 2pm, replacing Steve. I’m shocked they didn’t get Kelly Clarkson’s talkshow.

WSYX — Kelly Clarkson runs at 9am, replacing Millionaire. Tamron Hall runs at 3:00pm, replacing The Doctors which moves to 1:30 am. WSYX also launches a 7pm newscast: “Good Evening Columbus,” shunting Access Hollywood to 1:05 am — post Nightline. 

WTTE — Judge Jerry runs at 12pm, replacing Face the Truth. 

WWHO — Save for Wendy Williams returning, no changes to report. 

In Baton Rouge, Kelly Clarkson’s show will be airing on WAFB at 4p, which is huge news, because this means that “The Young & the Restless” which has aired at 4p for almost three decades will be moving to its in-pattern time of 11a, displacing “Price is Right” to its in-pattern network time of 10a. 

Tamron Hall airs at 3p, & my guess is “25 Words or Less” which mentions WAFB on its website as one of the stations carrying the show, will be at 9a.

No changes on WBRZ or WVLA as far as I know....

Regardless, WAFB’s move of “Y&R” from afternoons back to 11a is HUGE (and it was highly rated at 4p)!! 

The number of shows that aired before Y&R in the afternoons on WAFB over the years are too numerous to mention; I’ll post them at a later time....

10 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I'm not sure about 9AM but their 3PM news is actually successful. Might as well give up 9AM for Tamron Hall at 10AM.

Also noticed that ExtraExtra with Billy Bush will be airing on WTVJ on September 9th....we know that TVJ being an O&O had to let go of TwiceExtra, so would WFOR have to sacrifice it's 7pm newscast for it or WBFS? As for 'PLG guess moving Live! back to 9AM in tangent with others makes sense to make room for Tamron Hall (surprise Miami doesn't have a station)....or maybe for midseason. 

23 minutes ago, REWRetroSuperstation said:

Also noticed that ExtraExtra with Billy Bush will be airing on WTVJ on September 9th....we know that TVJ being an O&O had to let go of TwiceExtra, so would WFOR have to sacrifice it's 7pm newscast for it or WBFS? As for 'PLG guess moving Live! back to 9AM in tangent with others makes sense to make room for Tamron Hall (surprise Miami doesn't have a station)....or maybe for midseason. 

So WTVJ has Access Hollywood at 7pm, and All Access at 7:30pm on September 9. Ironically, WSVN’s 7pm slot, where Inside Edition currently sits, says “to be announced”. Could Extra Extra be headed there, and Inside Edition over to WFOR?

Upon further inspection, WBFS seems to have picked up ExtraExtra to air at 4:30pm.

1 hour ago, TVNewsLover said:

So WTVJ has Access Hollywood at 7pm, and All Access at 7:30pm on September 9. Ironically, WSVN’s 7pm slot, where Inside Edition currently sits, says “to be announced”. Could Extra Extra be headed there, and Inside Edition over to WFOR?

Upon further inspection, WBFS seems to have picked up ExtraExtra to air at 4:30pm.

Do you happen to have info or source on 'BFS picking up ExtraExtra? There's no way. Inside and Deco are cash cows for WSVN....now and forever due to the thrwarted plans of flipping affiliations.

21 minutes ago, REWRetroSuperstation said:

Do you happen to have info or source on 'BFS picking up ExtraExtra? There's no way. Inside and Deco are cash cows for WSVN....now and forever due to the thrwarted plans of flipping affiliations.

Check TVPassport.

31 minutes ago, REWRetroSuperstation said:

Zap2It’s tv listings is where I believe I found this.

Based on the information we have from the station, we're on KMCI from 5-6pm during the week (like you referenced) and only on KSHB on weekends. As far as we know, these are our new times. Doesn't hurt to confirm on the 9th, though, just to be sure Means something else at 2pm.

6 hours ago, J1975am said:

In Baton Rouge, Kelly Clarkson’s show will be airing on WAFB at 4p, which is huge news, because this means that “The Young & the Restless” which has aired at 4p for almost three decades will be moving to its in-pattern time of 11a, displacing “Price is Right” to its in-pattern network time of 10a. 

Tamron Hall airs at 3p, & my guess is “25 Words or Less” which mentions WAFB on its website as one of the stations carrying the show, will be at 9a...

Regardless, WAFB’s move of “Y&R” from afternoons back to 11a is HUGE (and it was highly rated at 4p)!! 

The number of shows that aired before Y&R in the afternoons on WAFB over the years are too numerous to mention; I’ll post them at a later time....

Damn. First WTOC, and now WAFB. I have a feeling CBS is trying to get these affiliates to have a normalized schedule where nearly everything is airing in pattern. Just like KMOV changed its schedule after Meredith took over a few years ago. And the big one, WWL carrying CBS This Morning in late 2016.

WNCN will still carry Y&R at 4pm this fall. And WFMY will still carry CTM at 8am. But the question is. How long will this last?

Judge Jerry is airing in Charlotte after all...on WAXN, a double run beginning at 4pm.

Tamron Hall will be on WSOC at 3pm, replacing Face the Truth.

Personal Injury Court will apparently be on WHKY at 1 and 1:30 pm 🤔

TMZ, Access, Page Six TV and Dish Nation are pushed back a half hour (new times will be 11:30, midnight, 12:30 and 1am) to make room for ExtraExtra on WJZY. Another run of ExtraExtra will be at 4am.

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Damn. First WTOC, and now WAFB. I have a feeling CBS is trying to get these affiliates to have a normalized schedule where nearly everything is airing in pattern. Just like KMOV changed its schedule after Meredith took over a few years ago. And the big one, WWL carrying CBS This Morning in late 2016.

WNCN will still carry Y&R at 4pm this fall. And WFMY will still carry CTM at 8am. But the question is. How long will this last?

I was very surprised WNCN has carried Y&R at 4 like WRAL did when it picked up CBS from them, I didn’t think there was any way CBS would allow it.

And as I stated earlier in this thread, I discovered that WSPA is moving Let’s Make a Deal from 9 to 10am beginning September 9, switching it with Your Carolina, a long overdue move.

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

And as I stated earlier in this thread, I discovered that WSPA is moving Let’s Make a Deal from 9 to 10am beginning September 9, switching it with Your Carolina, a long overdue move.

In Hampton Roads, WTKR airs Let's Make A Deal at 9am since 2016. Their local talk show Coast Live airs at 10am. Question is: Will WTKR make the switch in the near future?

(I accidentally posted this in Out and About; moving it here)

Here in Springfield, MA, there's no real changes for 22 News (WWLP) or ABC 40 (WGGB) as far as I can tell. CBS 3 (WSHM) doesn't change much either, except for Tamron Hall replacing Dateline at 3 p.m. The biggest changes are at Fox 6 (WGGB-DT2), which is shaking its schedule somewhat with the loss of Face the Truth. Maury and the two-hour Chicago P.D. block move up an hour, bumping off Right This Minute and Daily Mail TV (the latter will be exclusive to ABC 40, while the former appears to be leaving the market entirely) to make room for Justice with Judge Mablean and America's Court with Judge Ross, which were previously part of the late night lineup. Finally, Dateline has been shunted to 3 a.m., led in by the same show that replaced it on CBS 3 (guess that's what happens when you try to take on Dr. Phil head-to-head).

Looking at the guides, it appears that Wendy Williams & The Real on KTTV Fox 11 will be moving back to their original timeslots.

• Wendy is moving back to 11am (from 10am)
  • The Real is moving back to 3pm (from 11am)
  • Rachael Ray is moving to the post-GDLA slot at 10am (from 2pm)

Also in primetime access, The Big Bang Theory is moving from 7:30pm to 6pm, to make room for ExtraExtra in that pre-primetime slot.

Here In Richmond: (source: TitanTV, Zap2It)

WTVR (CBS): On September 9th, Steve will be replaced by the new CBS 6 News at 4pm. I saw a couple of promos for the new newscast (on TV) featuring 5pm anchors Rob Desir and Julie Bragg. I also saw a promo (on Facebook) for the new 4pm newscast featuring noon anchor Cheryl Miller and meteorologist Tom Patton. Maybe the newscast features all four. (UPDATE: The four - including new reporter Bree Sison - are in the new newscast.)

WRIC (ABC): The Dr. Oz Show leaves the station tomorrow (8/30). Rachael Ray will air at 3pm (Oz's soon-to-be old slot) starting Monday (9/2). But it will be temporary until The Mel Robbins Show takes the slot on September 16th. Meanwhile, Rachael Ray will continue to air at 1:05am after ABC's Nightline.

WWBT (NBC): On September 9th, The Kelly Clarkson Show will air at 2pm replacing both Daily Blast Live and Right This Minute. The two replaced the short-lived Me Time with Frangela not too long ago. Right This Minute continues to air at 8 & 8:30am on sister station WUPV. Meanwhile, The Tamron Hall Show will air at 3pm replacing The Wendy Williams Show. Wendy continues to air at 10am live on WUPV (the show has been airing on that station since the beginning).

WRLH (FOX): On September 9th, infomercials will replace the now-canceled Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (1pm). Judge Judy will replace Face The Truth at 3 & 3:30pm (maybe it's temporary). The show continues to air at 5 & 5:30pm. I saw a promo for America Says on WRLH, but I'm guessing it will be at 1pm. WRLH is also getting the new game show 25 Words or Less.

WUPV (CW): On September 2nd, The Dr. Oz Show moves from WRIC to WUPV. It will be the THIRD station in Richmond that will air his show. Dr. Oz began on WTVR in 2009 (at 4pm) and then moved to WRIC in 2014 (at 3pm to replace Steve Harvey - back when his show was in Chicago - after its first two seasons on the station). Steve Harvey moved from WRIC to WTVR the same year and WTVR also aired its successor, Steve, from 2017 until the end of its run. Dr. Oz will take The Real's timeslot. What will happen to The Real? It will still air on WUPV but it will move to... wait for it... to 6am. Yes, 6:00AM. Yeah, set your alarms, Richmond. Meanwhile, Judge Jerry will air at Noon and 12:30 on September 9th replacing Dateline. Dateline will move to 1am. It will replace Chicago P.D., which will move to 7:00am (not kidding). Mike & Molly moved to WUPV from WRLH a couple months ago. It airs at 10pm, moving The Goldbergs to 11pm.

I'll update the post for changes.

Archived