2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I don't see many college ads running on any of NBCU's Trashy Three (ahem, Two) anymore these days. Just lawyer commercials. 

Maury, like Springer and, to a lesser extent, Wilkos, has name recognition and has pretty much been ingrained in American pop culture.

Lawyer commercials, and (ironically enough) "resort rehab." Can the average Maury/Springer viewer afford $100,000 a stay in Malibu?

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, tvtime07 said:

Personally, syndicated programming execs just got too lazy and have created cookie-cutter programming whether the genre is court, talk, or even gameshows.  You  also can't just plug-in a well known personality into a talkshow and think it's going to work. There's elements that need to come together that needs to resonate with the audience.

My apologies in advance for this, but in the afternoons in the UK, itv has game shows in the afternoon, including Tipping Point and Tenable, as does the BBC with Pointless. When I see shows like these, it reinforces my confidence that the US has people who are just as intelligent as the UK, and I'm asking myself "Why aren't these people being given a similar opportunity as the people of the UK?" Now, I do realize that syndication has Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and Family Feud among others, but I strongly think that hour-long game shows, like what the BBC and itv have, should at least be given a chance to prove themselves. I think maybe CBS ought to try a test run of Pointless to precede Let's Make a Deal and The Price is Right in a couple of cities. I sincerely apologize for my remarks, but while I feel that America has people as smart as the UK, I find it appalling that execs seem too interested in not showing it.

6 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

I don't know of anybody know this, but KTXA will airing a re-broadcast of CBS 11 News at 6pm weeknights at 6:30pm starting Monday.

KTXA's first newscast airing (live or a repeat) since 2011, I believe.

Well, here's what I know syndication-wise in the Mobile-Pensacola market....

WEAR is getting Live! at 9am, which is moving from longtime home WPMI (where it was anything but, airing at 11am)...so it's "Live-er" than it used to be!

Replacing Live! on WPMI at 11am is Tamron Hall.

Since Steve Harvey's talk show is no more, the daytime schedule at WPMI is bumping up an hour...Wendy Williams will be on at 2pm, Judge Judy will be at 3pm, and Family Feud will move from WKRG to WPMI at 4pm.

Over on WKRG, Kelly Clarkson will air at 4pm.    WFNA is picking up Seinfeld repeats from WALA (WFNA used to air them when they were co-owned with WALA).

No idea what is replacing Millionaire on WEAR at 6:30.

'Couples Court', 'Paternity Court' and 'Personal Injury Court' (most basic lengthy title ever + promo is outrageous enough) are all under one umbrella with updated air times you can view it for your market below their sites. 

https://couplescourttv.com/  https://paternitycourt.tv  https://personalinjurycourttv.com 

For New York:

Paternity Court - 5a, 1-2p WLNY

Couples Court - 11a-12p WPIX

(if you could figure out the PIX fall sked, that replaces the cancelled Springer there as Judge Jerry takes over the 12p slot. It may also mean Maury would air once each day instead of 2x. Assuming True crime files return, PIX daytime will have a different program each hour from 9a-5p. When was the last time THAT happened?) 

Personal Injury Court - 5-6p WLNY (replacing Face the truth) 

Protection Court - 6:30a WLNY

On another note, the TV Bailiff who appeared on 'Cristina's Court' (20th TV) + 'Justice for All with Cristina Perez' (ES.TV) helm by the same TV Judge was charged with the murder of his wife. The real life deputy of a texas sheriff + part time actor claims that he accidentally shot her after struggling to take away is weapon. 😮 

https://www.insideedition.com/justice-all-bailiff-charged-murder-claims-he-accidentally-shot-wife-54883

On 8/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, 24994J said:

Yeah, how about a channel?

It is on CW7 will air Judge Jerry at 12:30PM as I said surprised they didn't put at 2:30PM for 90 minutes of Jerry Springer. 25 Word Or Less 9AM maybe a will air at 5:00AM. No way WWMT is airing 25 Words Or Less unless they want to put it on at 1:30AM as that has been paid programming forever.

According to what I have seen on TitanTV, here's what I know for weekdays in Houston:

KPRC (Ch. 2/NBC)

* ExtraExtra appears to still be on KPRC, even though the Fox O&Os have for the most part picked it up. They're still airing at 4:30 pm but apparently will now be airing at 12:30 pm in place of Funny You Should Ask.

KHOU (Ch. 11/CBS)

* No significant changes. They've been advertising Ellen DeGeneres's new season all summer long, and she's still airing at 3:00 pm.

KTRK (Ch. 13/ABC)

* Tamron Hall will air at 1:00 pm, replacing Jeopardy! which moves to 11:30 am (cutting the 11 am Eyewitness News in half) and the now-canceled Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and will rerun again at 12:07 am following Nightline along with Inside Edition (which will first run at 3:30 pm) at 1:07 am. Right This Minute is officially off the schedule.

KTXH (Ch. 20/Ind.) (MyNetworkTV is NOT a network anymore)

25 Words or Less is not officially listed anywhere, but I have to assume it will probably replace one of the two hours of Family Feud that airs on KTXH. The website says 6:00 am on either KTXH or KRIV except KRIV has its morning news and that hour on KTXH is surrounded by infomercials. Other than that, the schedule remains unchanged with the same block of afternoon repeats of what's on KRIV earlier in the day.

KRIV (Ch. 26/Fox)

* The Kelly Clarkson Show will air at 3:00 pm in place of Steve Harvey's dearly departed talk show.

KIAH (Ch. 39/CW)

Judge Jerry will air a double run of half-hours at 9:00 am, replacing True Crime Files.

Mel Robbins does appear to be headed to 3:00 am as its site suggests, even though it won't be on air for another week until 9/16. There are still two runs of Maury at 1:00 and 4:00 pm, which seems rather wasteful. (Who really needs to watch a bunch of Trash TV surrounded by diploma mills and ambulance chasers?)

KUBE (Ch. 57/Ind.)

* Big changes from 4:00 to 9:00 pm, with a double run of Family Guy at 4:00 pm, a double run of Bob's Burgers at 5:00 pm, and Access Daily coming on at 6:00 pm. The Cleveland Show, American Dad! and King of the Hill appear to be off the schedule. Rachael Ray will now come on at 7:00 pm followed by The Doctors at 8:00 pm. A double run of Right This Minute continues at 9:00 pm, and a double run of Funny You Should Ask will now air at 2:00 am.

No word yet on Protection Court, Personal Injury Court or America Says...

8 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Relating somewhat to this, Wendy Williams is moving over to WHNS this fall, and in addtion to her, WHNS has also picked up Tamron Hall and Judge Jerry. Her current home, WSPA is moving Judge Judy to 3pm and will be launching a new 4pm newscast. This begins September 9th.

Would be nice if they would swap Your Carolina Today and Let’s Make a Deal. I do not understand why they air LMAD at 9.

Detroit

WJBK will replace Steve Harvey in the 2 PM hour with Access and the newly-renamed ExtraExtra.

WXYZ will pick up Kelly Clarkson at 3 PM, replacing Pickler & Ben.

WMYD will pick up Tamron Hall at 11 AM, shoving the two episodes of The Verdict one hour earlier, replacing Caught In Providence; and will also pick up Judge Jerry in the 4 PM hour, displacing Live PD to the 7 PM hour, replacing Funny You Should Ask.

WADL will pick up the newly-minted weeknight Bob's Burgers airings in the 11 PM hour.

WWJ will pick up 25 Words or Less in the 9 AM hour, displacing Dr. Oz to the 4 PM hour, replacing Face the Truth. The WWTBAM/Family Feud hour at 3 PM will be replaced with infomercials.

Dallas/Fort Worth 

KDFW: ExtraExtra replacing Access at 6:30pm.

KXAS: Access Daily replaces Rachael Ray at 1pm, Kelly Clarkson replaces Steve at 2pm, and Access replaces Extra at 6:30.

WFAA: No change

KTVT: Tamron Hall replaces Face The Truth at 2pm.

KTXA: Lots of changes here. Rachael Ray replaces the Entertainment Studios hour of America's Court and Justice With Judge Mablean at 9am, the block moves to 11am, replacing The Doctors, which moves to 10am. As mentioned before, Millionaire is replaced with a rebroadcast of KTVT's 6pm. An hour of How I Met Your Mother is replaced by a Jeopardy rerun and Celebrity Page, HIMYM moves to 8pm.

KDFI: No change (as of yet)

KDAF: Judge Jerry replaces Steve Wilkos at 9am. Mel Robbins replaces Jerry Springer at noon.

46 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Dallas/Fort Worth 

KTXA: As mentioned before, Millionaire is replaced with a rebroadcast of KTVT's 6pm.

Why not just air a new, branded newscast at that time? Rerunning your news on your sister station is more like market 105 than No. 5.

16 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Why not just air a new, branded newscast at that time? Rerunning your news on your sister station is more like market 105 than No. 5.

1. KDFW already rebroadcasts their 6pm at 7pm on KDFI.

2. KTXA already tried live news in primetime. It failed.

16 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Remember when I said WOAI picked up Tamron Hall?

Yeah, she'll be on KABB.........at 2:00am. They gave Kelly Clarkson the 4:00pm timeslot where Steve was, though. 

When stations put new shows at graveyard slots, that's how you know they don't have much confidence in it.

Archived