2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

18 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

That's probably going to KHOU (since they also carry Wheel of Fortune) it'll probably air at 4:30 (which will reduce *KHOU 11 News at 4:00* to 30 minutes

Alternatively it could also go to KPRC and replace Extra in that same 4:30pm slot

Doubt that it’s going to KHOU. KTRK grabbed Jeopardy from there back in 2015, causing KHOU to expand to an hour of news at 4pm.

I think a more likely scenario is Jeopardy replaces the news at 3pm, Inside Edition at 3:30pm, or news at 6:30pm (as I believe their long term goal is to grab Wheel too, and that’s be a natural fit/place for that program).

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Doubt that it’s going to KHOU. KTRK grabbed Jeopardy from there back in 2015, causing KHOU to expand to an hour of news at 4pm.

I think a more likely scenario is Jeopardy replaces the news at 3pm, Inside Edition at 3:30pm, or news at 6:30pm (as I believe their long term goal is to grab Wheel too, and that’s be a natural fit/place for that program).

So they would mirror WLS' late afternoon/early fringe schedule with one difference?

1 hour ago, TVNewsLover said:

So in other words in order for KTRK to pick Wheel off of KHOU they would have to drop the 6pm newscast (which would probably make sense because they already do local news at 3 with IE in the middle and then again from 4 to 5:30 I could see a future where KTRK's schedule looks like this:

Scenario 1:

Spoiler

3pm: 13 Eyewitness News at 3 (expanded to a full hour with Inside Edition moving to KPRC)

4pm: 13 Eyewitness News at 4

5pm: 13 Eyewitness News Live at Five

5:30pm: ABC World News Tonight with David Muir

6pm: Wheel of Fortune (coming over from KHOU)

6:30pm: Jeopardy! (moving from it's current 3pm slot)

Scenario 2:

Spoiler

3pm: Jeopardy! (moves from 1pm)

3:30pm: Inside Edition

4pm 13 Eyewitness News at 4

6pm: 13 Eyewitness News at 6

Inside Edition moving frpm KTRK to KPRC might actually make just as much sense as it would for Wheel of Fortune to leave KHOU for KTRK (as KPRC carrjes Entertainment Tonight at 6:30pm and KTRK already carries Jeopardy!) so really at the end of the day it would be a win-win for Houston viewers imo

19 hours ago, Glimmer said:

Just as I guessed, Kelly Clarkson lands in Milwaukee at WTMJ, weekdays at 3pm replacing (and probably getting a much much stronger rating than) Pickler and Ben.

https://www.tmj4.com/shows/the-morning-blend/kelly-clarkson-is-coming-to-todays-tmj4

Hopefully this is one of the many cracks to the failed 'produce 6¢ viral video recap shows for syndication' strategy Scripps thought would sweep the industry, but just resulted in viewer/advertiser flight. Pickler and Ben was not a bad show, but it just had a cheesy Mike & Maty feel that just never gelled to the modern age.

And TMJ has needed a hit in the 3pm timeslot (before they lost Jeopardy!, they invariably picked up that year's newsmagazine flop at 3pm) since way back in the late 90s...hopefully this finally gives them something.

21 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

So in other words in order for KTRK to pick Wheel off of KHOU they would have to drop the 6pm newscast (which would probably make sense because they already do local news at 3 with IE in the middle and then again from 4 to 5:30 I could see a future where KTRK's schedule looks like this:

Scenario 1:

Hide contents

3pm: 13 Eyewitness News at 3 (expanded to a full hour with Inside Edition moving to KPRC)

4pm: 13 Eyewitness News at 4

6pm: Wheel of Fortune (coming over from KHOU)

6:30pm: Jeopardy! (moving from it's current 3pm slot)

Scenario 2:

Reveal hidden contents

3pm: Jeopardy! (moves from 1pm)

3:30pm: Inside Edition

4pm 13 Eyewitness News at 4

6pm: 13 Eyewitness News at 6

Inside Edition moving frpm KTRK to KPRC might actually make just as much sense as it would for Wheel of Fortune to leave KHOU for KTRK (as KPRC carrjes Entertainment Tonight at 6:30pm and KTRK already carries Jeopardy!) so really at the end of the day it would be a win-win for Houston viewers imo

I said no such thing about dropping the entire 6pm newscast, only the 6:30pm half hour. Take a look at WLS’s schedule.

26 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

I said no such thing about dropping the entire 6pm newscast, only the 6:30pm half hour. Take a look at WLS’s schedule.

So in other words the only newscast that KTRK would drop if anything is the 3pm newscast (to accomodate Jeopardy! in that slot) 

45 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Eyewitness News at 6 pm is one of the highest rated newscasts in Texas. I don't see them removing it over a relatively new 3 pm newscast.

If they're moving Jeopardy over to 6:30 (and ultimately take Wheel away from KHOU) KTRK has no choice because Wheel doesn't allow it's affiliates to air the show earlier than 4 or later than 8pm (some affiliates in the Central Time Zone do air Wheel & J! during Primetime hours, most notably KTVK in Phoenix)

Now even if they do drop the 3pm newscast for Jeopardy, if KTRK wants Wheel the 6pm newscast won't be an hour-long show for too much longer (they may still be around but only for 30 minutes) WLS does the same thing too

2 hours ago, USNewsie said:

Any news on Miami? It doesn't seem like the Tamron Hall show got cleared in this market.

I realize that because I typed in a Miami area zip code and nothing comes up. This gives me the impression that Tamron is likely to fail because Miami is highly populated, yet there seems to be no room for Tamron.

2 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

So in other words the only newscast that KTRK would drop if anything is the 3pm newscast (to accomodate Jeopardy! in that slot) 

If they're moving Jeopardy over to 6:30 (and ultimately take Wheel away from KHOU) KTRK has no choice because Wheel doesn't allow it's affiliates to air the show earlier than 4 or later than 8pm (some affiliates in the Central Time Zone do air Wheel & J! during Primetime hours, most notably KTVK in Phoenix)

Now even if they do drop the 3pm newscast for Jeopardy, if KTRK wants Wheel the 6pm newscast won't be an hour-long show for too much longer (they may still be around but only for 30 minutes) WLS does the same thing too

I think it would be rather easy to drop the 6:30 news. While the news at 6 has always lead the market, the 6:30 news has always been behind Wheel of Fortune on KHOU and ET on KPRC.

1 hour ago, MorningNews said:

I think it would be rather easy to drop the 6:30 news. While the news at 6 has always lead the market, the 6:30 news has always been behind Wheel of Fortune on KHOU and ET on KPRC.

If it does go, it would be historic, as KTRK has aired an hour-long 6pm newscast for well over 35 years. How long has it been exactly, @NewsStar2?

3 hours ago, MorningNews said:

I think that and the 3pm newscast could probably be canned and besides are there any ABC O&Os that do 3pm newscasts besides KTRK? I think KTRK is the only one with a 3pm newscast

2 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

I think that and the 3pm newscast could probably be canned and besides are there any ABC O&Os that do 3pm newscasts besides KTRK? I think KTRK is the only one with a 3pm newscast

KABC have a 3pm newscast 

3 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

KABC has one, and both west coast ABC7's run World News Tonight live at 3:30.

1 minute ago, 24994J said:

KABC has one, and both west coast ABC7's run World News Tonight live at 3:30.

KGO probably has one too if I'm correct (so that would make KTRK, KABC and KGO as the 3 ABC O&Os with a 3pm newscast)

27 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

KGO probably has one too if I'm correct (so that would make KTRK, KABC and KGO as the 3 ABC O&Os with a 3pm newscast)

You asked, because you didn't know, were given answers that you could've looked up on your own, and then still assumed something nobody confirmed. C'mon, man.

39 minutes ago, 24994J said:

You asked, because you didn't know, were given answers that you could've looked up on your own, and then still assumed something nobody confirmed. C'mon, man.

There's no C'mon Man to it. I probably could've done research but do I choose to do it? Absolutely not. There, I answered my own question

On 8/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, tjt24 said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this here yet, but WKYC will be getting The Kelly Clarkson Show, and it will replace Wendy Williams at 2pm. 

I believe WEWS will be getting The Tamron Hall Show. Not sure what time it will be on. 

It's been posted about Kelly and Tamron, but it's worth posting again.  BTW, Tamron will air at 3pm on WEWS.  Her show's website updated the listing to include the time.

Speaking of Cleveland, any word on which station is carrying Judge Jerry and 25 Words or Less?

Archived