2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

Syndication changes:

Starting Monday, September 9th, KCOP My13 is getting some changes in the morning.

at 9am, RightThisMinute (x2) (rebroadcasts late nights on ABC 7), then at 10am, Judge Jerry (x2), and at 11a, Dateline (same time at 2p.)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, TV Time said:

Syndication changes:

Starting Monday, September 9th, KCOP My13 is getting some changes in the morning.

at 9am, RightThisMinute (x2) (rebroadcasts late nights on ABC 7), then at 10am, Judge Jerry (x2), and at 11a, Dateline (same time at 2p.)

Just curious where you found the information because I have not been able to find any stating that Judge Jerry will be airing on KNBC or KCOP. Only thing I've seen is a press release from NBC Universal in November 2018 that Judge Jerry was picked up by Tribune Stations which included KTLA in Los Angeles.

Well...after all this talk, I was DEAD WRONG about Kelly Clarkson on WAGA; it’s WSB who’ll have her...at 2:00 AM!!!

That means 3:00 pm is now open for WAGA; they could move Judge Judy to that slot and launch a 4:00 pm news opposite WSB and WGCL (I can see Russ Spencer and Portia Bruner anchoring), but for right now, their lips are sealed.

31 minutes ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Well...after all this talk, I was DEAD WRONG about Kelly Clarkson on WAGA; it’s WSB who’ll have her...at 2:00 AM!!!

That means 3:00 pm is now open for WAGA; they could move Judge Judy to that slot and launch a 4:00 pm news opposite WSB and WGCL (I can see Russ Spencer and Portia Bruner anchoring), but for right now, their lips are sealed.

WSB... We love you but, WHAT ARE YA THINKING?!?

Granted WAGA already committed to 25 Words or Less but no one else in Atlanta wanted Kelly's show or they all just showing their incompetance here by not upgrading some of the syndicated shows they have for so-called ratings reasons (which is utter Baloney)

40 minutes ago, johnnya2k6 said:

NBC would be better off just making a deal on WTBS-LD for a subchannel running it 24/7 and rating in aggregate. But...people watch Rachael Ray at 1:07am on WISN, so who knows their strategy? Maybe they're hoping that Dr. Oz finally crashes and burns in the first half of the season and they can switch-a-roo the shows at the start of 2020, or just hedging their bets that Kelly doesn't turn out to be a repeat of Megan Mullally's show (love both Kelly and Megan so no hate here!)?

11 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

NBC would be better off just making a deal on WTBS-LD for a subchannel running it 24/7 and rating in aggregate. But...people watch Rachael Ray at 1:07am on WISN, so who knows their strategy? Maybe they're hoping that Dr. Oz finally crashes and burns in the first half of the season and they can switch-a-roo the shows at the start of 2020, or just hedging their bets that Kelly doesn't turn out to be a repeat of Megan Mullally's show (love both Kelly and Megan so no hate here!)?

I mean, all that space on WUPA, WPCH and WATL and this is how Kelly gets treated? And in Atlanta. Just embarrassing.

7 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

WSB... We love you but, WHAT ARE YA THINKING?!?

Granted WAGA already committed to 25 Words or Less but no one else in Atlanta wanted Kelly's show or they all just showing their incompetance here by not upgrading some of the syndicated shows they have for so-called ratings reasons (which is utter Baloney)

Yeah, what were they thinking?!

This is the same WSB who five years ago slotted Meredith Vieira at that very same 2:00 am before she moved to WUPA, and the same WSB who, according to old listings from the Journal-Constitution, carried the ill-fated 1990 Tic Tac Dough reboot...also at 2:00 am (while WAGA had The Joker’s Wild and Trump Card and WXIA, The Challengers all at the 9:00 am hour)!!! No wonder why I call them The Notorious WSB because they are notorious for scheduling promising shows in shitty timeslots...in addition to their unneeded preemptions once a month!

And yes, 25 Words or Less tested very well to be given 3:00 pm on WAGA though for right now, they’re testing Punch Line at 12:30 am in the hopes of following suit. But after it’s all said and done, WGCL will have the last laugh as the new Atlanta home for Dr. Oz.

WCIU-Chicago's first schedule as a CW affiliate:

https://www.wciu.com/assets/public_file/3/file/CW26Fall2019.pdf

Adding Personal Injury and Protection Court, 2x Judge Jerry, CW's Springer rerun at 1p, Tamron at 4 (another run at 8p on subchannel, now called The U), Bob's Burgers at 12:30a.

Gone are Face the Truth, Cheaters, Rules of Engagement, Live PD, one of the interchangeable Byron Allen court shows and the 7p news from ABC7.

10 hours ago, johnnya2k6 said:

This is the same WSB who five years ago slotted Meredith Vieira at that very same 2:00 am before she moved to WUPA, and the same WSB who, according to old listings from the Journal-Constitution, carried the ill-fated 1990 Tic Tac Dough reboot...also at 2:00 am (while WAGA had The Joker’s Wild and Trump Card and WXIA, The Challengers all at the 9:00 am hour)!!! No wonder why I call them The Notorious WSB because they are notorious for scheduling promising shows in shitty timeslots...in addition to their unneeded preemptions once a month!

And yes, 25 Words or Less tested very well to be given 3:00 pm on WAGA though for right now, they’re testing Punch Line at 12:30 am in the hopes of following suit. But after it’s all said and done, WGCL will have the last laugh as the new Atlanta home for Dr. Oz.

Divorce Court is airing at 3:00 p.m. this fall WAGA, also Mel Robbins will be on WPCH at 10:00 a.m.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, ATLNEWS46 said:

Divorce Court is airing at 3:00 p.m. this fall WAGA, also Mel Robbins will be on WPCH at 10:00 a.m.

Oh, so Divorce Court is coming back to WAGA (they have aired it before and the '60s and '80s versions prior to that) after a few years on WPCH...and as a lead-in to Judge Judy?! There goes all those plans about a 4:00 news!

25 Words or Less will occupy 12:30 am, and Mario Lopez will still be seen here at 2:00 am...as the new host of Access Hollywood still on WAGA.

WXIA remains unchanged, and I’m leaving my home state of Alaska alone (though if I can guess, KTUU will have Kelly Clarkson).

1 hour ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Adding Personal Injury and Protection Court, 2x Judge Jerry, CW's Springer rerun at 1p, Tamron at 4 (another run at 8p on subchannel, now called The U), Bob's Burgers at 12:30a.

Gone are Face the Truth, Cheaters, Rules of Engagement, Live PD, one of the interchangeable Byron Allen court shows and the 7p news from ABC7.

Actually, Cheaters is still visible on the schedule, albeit it's the hour-long version on Sundays at 4am.

I wonder what "Personal Injury Court" and "Protection Court" are. Infomercials?

6 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Actually, Cheaters is still visible on the schedule, albeit it's the hour-long version on Sundays at 4am.

I wonder what "Personal Injury Court" and "Protection Court" are. Infomercials?

Personal Injury Court and Protection Court are new court shows.

4 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Some of that departed programming might be moving to WMEU-CD 48.1/WCIU-DT 26.2 (The U), like the weekday half-hour airings of Cheaters (The weekend airing is listed on the schedule airing early Monday morning at 4am). They have yet to release that schedule.

15 hours ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Is there any particular reason why neither WAGA, WXIA, WGCL, WATL, WUPA, or WPCH picked up Kelly Clarkson? Because it is beyond ridiculous for Kelly to be treated that way. Hopefully she finds a better home in Atlanta for 2020-21

Not sure if anyone has posted this here yet, but WKYC will be getting The Kelly Clarkson Show, and it will replace Wendy Williams at 2pm. 

I believe WEWS will be getting The Tamron Hall Show. Not sure what time it will be on. 

On 6/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, CircleSeven said:

Color me surprised. For the first time in 13 years, there will be a new show occupying the post-Live timeslot this fall.

qk2VKHd.png

B&C states Rachael Ray is being bumped to 2pm on WABC, WPVI & WTVD. No word on what time the western O&Os will carry the program. 

Follow-up regarding this post above.

• And to no surprise, KABC & KGO will be airing the show after Strahan & Sara at 1pm.
  • KFSN will be airing the show at 2pm after General Hospital.
  • And KTRK will be airing the show at 1pm, displacing Jeopardy! Not sure where that show will be moving to.

48 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Follow-up regarding this post above.

• And to no surprise, KABC & KGO will be airing the show after Strahan & Sara at 1pm.
  • KFSN will be airing the show at 2pm after General Hospital.
  • And KTRK will be airing the show at 1pm, displacing Jeopardy! Not sure where that show will be moving to.

That's probably going to KHOU (since they also carry Wheel of Fortune) it'll probably air at 4:30 (which will reduce *KHOU 11 News at 4:00* to 30 minutes

Alternatively it could also go to KPRC and replace Extra in that same 4:30pm slot

On 7/31/2019 at 12:18 AM, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

With WWBT getting Kelly Clarkson and Tamron Hall, I wonder what WTVR will be doing with the 4pm slot which is/was Steve's spot?  They currently air Ellen at 3 and it doesn't look like WTVR is giving it up.  My only predictions would be a 4pm newscast to compete with WWBT or perhaps they snag Rachel Ray from WRIC who only clears the show overnight?

I saw a promo for The Kelly Clarkson Show on WWBT just a few days ago. Didn't know they're getting Tamron Hall's show, too. WRIC's getting Mel Robbins at 3pm. Currently they're airing Dr. Oz at that timeslot. I wonder WTVR's getting Dr. Oz back to its 4pm timeslot or let Ellen be the lead in to the 5pm news and put Dr. Oz at 3pm like WRIC did. We'll see...

Archived