2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

In Milwaukee, the only two confirmed slots for fall are Tamron Hall at 2pm on WISN and Mel Robbins at 10am on WMLW.  Judge Jerry is confirmed to be WVTV/WCGV but no timeslot yet announced and there’s still no word where Kelly Clarkson (if I were a guessing man, I’d say WTMJ but who knows).

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird how we're almost to the syndication season and there's still no full list of stations airing certain syndicated shows. Not helping is the fact that Shreveport is generally hard to depend on when it comes to the promos. 

Anyway, Judge Jerry is going to be airing at 10am on KPXJ and KSHV has claimed Protection Court for 8:30 a.m.. Also airing on KSHV is the Carbonaro Effect, which will be on weekends. Tamron Hall, unsurprisingly, will be airing at 2pm on KTBS 3, replacing Steve Harvey.  Still no word on Personal Injury Court, Kelly Clarkson, 25 Words or Less or America Says for the Shreveport DMA. Couple's Court is homeless here as well. 

30 minutes ago, MadMan400096 said:

I don't know if this has been announced or mentioned already, but the CW Plus website let slip that Judge Jerry will be coming to that service (look under "What to Watch on The CW Plus"). Not a surprise, honestly.

The fall CW Plus schedule is out: http://cwplustv.com/eastern-pacific-schedule/

From the schedule it appears that American DadCheatersCleveland ShowKing of the HillKing of Queens, and Rules of Engagement are potentially leaving syndication and Bob's Burgers will begin weekday runs.

11 minutes ago, d247 said:

Nancy O'Dell has left ET after 9 years. 

Wow. I wish Nancy nothing the best.  She's been a face of the syndicated newsmagazine since I was in preschool. Her as a co-host was the reason I loved watching Access Hollywood as a kid; and even though I loved watching it too while very young, she was the reason I watched ET much more. She deserves all the time off she desires and again I wish her nothing but the best.

5 hours ago, d247 said:

One of the reasons I watched Entertainment Tonight is because of Mary Hart. And I had the honor of watching her through the years before she retired. And I'm happy Nancy is gone because she's no Mary Hart.

KMYT has Judge Jerry at noon starting 9/9, replacing Divorce Court. 

On Monday, the same day KOTV's hour-long 4pm news launches, Dr. Phil goes to  Millionaire's 3pm slot. Titantv suggests that Millionaire will be burned off on sister station KQCW at 1pm starting Monday, replacing True Crime Files. 

23 hours ago, CRThell said:

The fall CW Plus schedule is out: http://cwplustv.com/eastern-pacific-schedule/

From the schedule it appears that American DadCheatersCleveland ShowKing of the HillKing of Queens, and Rules of Engagement are potentially leaving syndication and Bob's Burgers will begin weekday runs.

I don't see True Crime Files either, so I guess that's out. The ratings have been consistently awful (a 0.3 rating for all but one week on the air), so I guess this shouldn't be a shock.

9 hours ago, d247 said:

KMYT has Judge Jerry at noon starting 9/9, replacing Divorce Court. 

On Monday, the same day KOTV's hour-long 4pm news launches, Dr. Phil goes to  Millionaire's 3pm slot. Titantv suggests that Millionaire will be burned off on sister station KQCW at 1pm starting Monday, replacing True Crime Files. 

Yet TV Guide still has Millionaire listed at 3pm (instead of Dr. Phil) and Phil at 4 (instead of the News On 6 at 4)

Someone at TV Guide clearly hasn't gotten the memo yet

I was expecting Kelly Clarkson’s show to slide on into Steve Harvey’s old time slot on WBAL at 3pm. However WBAL just aired a promo saying Tamron Hall is airing at 3pm.  I don’t think WBAL has given up Live! so I’m guessing Access Live (whatever it’s name is) is either removed all together or pushed to late night to clear Kelly Clarkson.  I assume now that Page Six TV’s gone they’ll go back and clear the prior night’s Access like they used to.

2 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

I was expecting Kelly Clarkson’s show to slide on into Steve Harvey’s old time slot on WBAL at 3pm. However WBAL just aired a promo saying Tamron Hall is airing at 3pm.  I don’t think WBAL has given up Live! so I’m guessing Access Live (whatever it’s name is) is either removed all together or pushed to late night to clear Kelly Clarkson.  I assume now that Page Six TV’s gone they’ll go back and clear the prior night’s Access like they used to.

Access Live is the name of the show. It also airs weekdays at 11am on KOCO 5. 

The good news is that BOTH Access and Access Live could move to KAUT and replace either some of the Byron Allen Court Shows that they've been rerunning for the past year or so or could replace one of the Chicago PD episodes that they air between 10am and Noon 

In other words, they have at least somewhere to go here in Oklahoma City, I don't know where Access Live would fit in Baltimore though if WBAL opts to dump Access Live

Syndie updates

It appears 'The carbonaro effect' will hit the syndie circuit, joining another TruTV staple 'Impractical Jokers', coming this fall.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/trifecta-taking-trutvs-carbonaro-effect-into-national-syndication

NBCU is planning on summer test run of 'LockUp' starting tomorrow. NBCU did it for 'Dateline' a couple of yrs ago. According to B&C article but under member subscription.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/nbcu-looks-to-lock-down-lockup-in-syndication

Two weekend staples focusing on Latin culture in the US + beyond will conclude after this season. American Latino TV + LatiNation, both produced by a division of LATV Networks, confirmed end of production at the conclusion of their respective final shows last week.

I have yet to see any promos for confirmation of Tamron Hall and Kelly Clarkson on WSB and WAGA respectively, though we already know about Judge Jerry on WATL.

Nancy O'Dell leaving Entertainment Tonight comes as a surprise; like I said before; the show has never been the same since Mary Hart retired, which reminds me...do they have Maria Sansone's number on speed-dial somewhere (she's been doing mostly local TV for a few years now)???

On 7/29/2019 at 7:04 AM, kshow said:

Face the Truth was getting better ratings than The Doctors, but due to some disagreement between Jay McGraw and CBS, it was cancelled. CBS definitely wanted to give the show another season. 

Also, Expect this to be the last season of The Doctors. 

I was surprised that Face The Truth didn't get a second season as I thought for sure 9 lives The Doctors would've been canceled but yeah I believe that 2019-20 season will end it's run.

Update: Tamron Hall will be on 11AM on CW7 replacing The Doctors in that time slot which will move to 6AM or 9AM. Wood TV aired LatiaNation at 4AM & American Latino TV at 4:30AM early Sunday mornings could clear Made In Hollywood which hasn't ever really been in the West Michigan TV Market other than CW7 when it first came on the air in the fall of 06 then went off from 07-10. When it returned to Fox17 in the fall of 11-13 then Made In Hollywood hasn't been seen since in the West Michigan TV Market but Teen Edition has been cleared since 2013 or 14 on WXSP Sat at 8AM, or they could go with Byron Allen's Entertainers which WXSP airs late Sat/early Sun at 1AM. 

On 8/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

What the? He actually managed to get on an NBC station? 

And then KCOP is gonna get it rather than KTLA. Also shocking. 

Where did you find that Judge Jerry will be on KNBC and KCOP? There was a few internet sources from November 2018 that said KTLA had picked up the show. 

Archived