2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

first update from Gotham City:

Mel Robbins Show is promoted to premiere 9/16 at 9am on WPIX. This bumps one airing of Maury out of that timeslot. Given that the affiliate base at large that airs the already ceased "Springer" will transition to Judge Jerry, Maury 2X may still be intact + air thru 11a.

Speaking of Judge Jerry will debut 9/9 at 12p on PIX. Given that Couples court is renewed for next season, it may remain on PIX but get bumped out of 12p + slide to 1p. No word on what happens with "true crime files" from ID. I don't see "CW Daytime" existing as is just airing reruns of Springer as its affiliate base transitions to his new show, even with a option to pick up to produce new shows. Shows that were produced but haven't aired yet are still in the can. Thus at 3pm, I see Wilkos air 2x there thru regular airing at 4p.

WWOR My9 just aired the new ExtraExtra promo featuring new host billy bush. I'm pretty sure it'll still also air on FOX 5, replacing PageSix TV. Probably air after Chasing News on 9 in its second airing.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2019 at 10:09 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

Exactly. But my point is that neither WSVN, nor WPLG will take it. Neither will WFOR with CBS' Entertainment Tonight. The only options for the show to be shipped is WBFS or WSFL.

Extra is not the same from what it used to be, especially since it was an actual newsmagazine with WBTV's Maureen O'Boyle.

I remember in 98 for couple of years Extra would report on murders and other events it wasn't about celebrities or Entertainment News when Maureen O'Boyle was host of Extra when Liza Givens took over that is when it went back to the celebrity interviews and Entertainment News.

I saw a promo for Mel Robins no time was given but saw it on Sony website 10AM which will replace a Steve Wilkos double run will be aired at 12PM which was just a repeat and Mel will also get 2AM I'm guessing that True Crime Files either moves to another TV station or gets bumped to 3AM replacing Dateline second run. Saw a promo for Judge Jerry which will be on CW7 since well they air his trashy talker so it's fitting I was wrong I thought it would be on WXSP.

Haven't seen any promos for new EXTRA EXTRA with Billy Bush WOTV never airs promos for Extra which airs at 1AM.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:11 PM, mrschimpf said:

Because Dr. Phil and his son make gobs of money for CBS through his talk show and Bull, so they get to keep that hour no matter what happens (if it hadn't bombed out of the gate, Face the Truth would have had a 'just because' season two itself).

Face the Truth was getting better ratings than The Doctors, but due to some disagreement between Jay McGraw and CBS, it was cancelled. CBS definitely wanted to give the show another season. 

Also, Expect this to be the last season of The Doctors. 

Tamron Hall is coming to KOKI on 9/9 at 2pm, replacing Daily Mail TV and the cancelled PageSix TV. I can see them moving DMTV to 1pm to fill the soon-to-be vacant Face the Truth block. Not too sure about 1:30 though.

Most likely replacing Steve at 3pm on KMBC

On 7/29/2019 at 7:28 AM, Asomrjsurf said:

Kelly Clarkson's Talk Show coming to KMBC so either the Doctors or Real is moving to another channel..

Most likely replacing Steve at 3pm on KMBC

With WWBT getting Kelly Clarkson and Tamron Hall, I wonder what WTVR will be doing with the 4pm slot which is/was Steve's spot?  They currently air Ellen at 3 and it doesn't look like WTVR is giving it up.  My only predictions would be a 4pm newscast to compete with WWBT or perhaps they snag Rachel Ray from WRIC who only clears the show overnight?

26 minutes ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

With WWBT getting Kelly Clarkson and Tamron Hall, I wonder what WTVR will be doing with the 4pm slot which is/was Steve's spot?  They currently air Ellen at 3 and it doesn't look like WTVR is giving it up.  My only predictions would be a 4pm newscast to compete with WWBT or perhaps they snag Rachel Ray from WRIC who only clears the show overnight?

Does Access Live air in Richmond? If so, that could be an option since WTVR shows Access. But otherwise, they're better off just going on ahead and either snagging Rachael or doing news like you said.

1 hour ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Does Access Live air in Richmond? If so, that could be an option since WTVR shows Access. But otherwise, they're better off just going on ahead and either snagging Rachael or doing news like you said.

No. They don't air Access Live here in Richmond.

And now The Mel Robbins Show is being pegged to air in Houston on KIAH at 3:00 AM...You mean 3:00 PM, Sony? 🤣🤣🤣

Assuming the "3:00 AM" is a typo, looks like Nexstar is really wanting Tribune's CW stations to dump the dormant "CW Daytime" hour of Ye Olde Jerry Springer Show.

5 hours ago, SS8609 said:

Assuming the "3:00 AM" is a typo, looks like Nexstar is really wanting Tribune's CW stations to dump the dormant "CW Daytime" hour of Ye Olde Jerry Springer Show.

Please just let the whole network do it or at least move it to overnight. KPXJ and KMYS would be better off running something else at 2pm/3pm.

7 hours ago, SS8609 said:

And now The Mel Robbins Show is being pegged to air in Houston on KIAH at 3:00 AM...You mean 3:00 PM, Sony? 🤣🤣🤣

If Houston has it bad, the DC has it worse. Nobody has cleared Mel Robbins there, even considering that WDCW would get first crack and has the space to do so.

1 hour ago, scrabbleship said:

If Houston has it bad, the DC has it worse. Nobody has cleared Mel Robbins there, even considering that WDCW would get first crack and has the space to do so.

Neither has San Francisco, Omaha or Memphis (but Memphis is still missing Rachael Ray and Dr. Oz so that's not surprising at all.)

In Nashville, she's being pushed to overnight on WKRN. 

2 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Neither has San Francisco, Omaha or Memphis (but Memphis is still missing Rachael Ray and Dr. Oz so that's not surprising at all.)

In Nashville, she's being pushed to overnight on WKRN. 

Omaha and Memphis are just messes of markets. Didn't both go some time without Live with Kelly (and Whomever)? 

A couple more without: Providence and Springfield, MA. Though given how many shows aren't cleared in Springfield, not that unexpected. Somehow can't break up EGGB's daily Simpsons mini-marathons when Ellen can't get a home.

7 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

Omaha and Memphis are just messes of markets. Didn't both go some time without Live with Kelly (and Whomever)? 

I think Omaha did for a minute. 

As for Memphis, for them to be the 50th (or around that) largest market in the country, it's especially amazing. I feel like if there were another duopoly other than WLMT and WATN (i.e. someone buys one of those surplus full power stations serving the area) that this would be rectified. I know WPXX carried Syndicated shows prior to the outright sale to Ion. Makes me wonder why no one else stepped up to get a duopoly in Memphis. 

As for Omaha, they don't have the Real there. And idk what KMTV plans to replace Pickler and Ben with. 

45 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I think Omaha did for a minute. 

As for Memphis, for them to be the 50th (or around that) largest market in the country, it's especially amazing. I feel like if there were another duopoly other than WLMT and WATN (i.e. someone buys one of those surplus full power stations serving the area) that this would be rectified. I know WPXX carried Syndicated shows prior to the outright sale to Ion. Makes me wonder why no one else stepped up to get a duopoly in Memphis. 

As for Omaha, they don't have the Real there. And idk what KMTV plans to replace Pickler and Ben with. 

Omaha: I remember that being 2010-11. KPTM picked it up midseason, right before Regis announced he was retiring. 

Memphis: More recent, WATN dropped it but it looks like WMC is airing it after today now. Still...

On 7/27/2019 at 12:26 PM, hmaxhanson said:

And there desperate to keep some of the remaining prime timeslots they have left from defecting to stronger talk shows, thought with CBSTD becoming the new distributor for Debmar-Mercury, we could see some stations switch from Doctors to Wendy Williams.

CBSTVD only sells barter advertising for D-M.

3 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

A couple more without: Providence and Springfield, MA. Though given how many shows aren't cleared in Springfield, not that unexpected. Somehow can't break up EGGB's daily Simpsons mini-marathons when Ellen can't get a home.

Having lived in the Springfield area most of my life, I can say with confidence that I don't see the 2-hour Simpsons block being removed any time soon. It's been with WGGB-DT2 since it launched (the initial lineup was mostly based on WTIC's lineup at the time, since we had that for Fox programming before hand). From what I can tell, it's been one of the station's highest rated shows, and has stayed in the timeslot long ever since. In fact, it used to be paired with Family Guy, which was so successful that when Family Guy was moved to late nights in favor of 30 Rock on year, viewers lost interest and the combo was reinstated the following season, like it was never broken off. Eventually, when WWLP added The CW Plus to its own .2, Fox 6 lost FG for good, hence the 2-hour Simpsons block. So basically, I wouldn't expect that time period to be given to something else any time soon, especially given the stink that was raised when they tried something else.

I found the Katz syndicated roundup. Although its last update was in January, it's still interesting.

Question: It says American Dad is renewed through 2018-19. Is it leaving off-net syndication? I'm a major Family Guy fan, but never really got into American Dad.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/4962667/2019 KTG Syndicated Program Guide.pdf

Archived