2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBNX in Cleveland has released its Fall 2019 lineup and there are some changes.  The biggest two are:

No more "Ninety and Nine Club" on weekdays at 9am

"Dr. Oz" moving to WBNX from WJW.

Also joining TV55 are Protection Court, America Says, and Sheriffs: El Dorado County.

https://www.wbnx.com/fall-schedule-2019

2 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

WBNX in Cleveland has released its Fall 2019 lineup and there are some changes.  The biggest two are:

Also joining TV55 are Protection Court, America Says, and Sheriffs: El Dorado County.

No one, except maybe those in this thread, knows what a thrill it is to get an early peek at a local fall TV schedule. Thank you -- and keep 'em coming, folks!

On 7/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, CLETVFan said:

I emailed the programming department at WBNX -- King of the Hill is leaving syndication. 

The ratings for King of The Hill have been mediocre at-best in recent years.

I think most of the stations will probably replace it with weekday airings of Bob's Burgers (it's already airing on weekends, but daily airings begin this fall).

2 hours ago, channel2 said:

Lemme guess, Disney wants it to be exclusive to their platforms.

It's not totally out of the question despite the long run. That seems like a series a decent chunk of audience would pick up Disney+ for.

1 hour ago, TSSZNews said:

It's not totally out of the question despite the long run. That seems like a series a decent chunk of audience would pick up Disney+ for.

3 hours ago, channel2 said:

It's already on Hulu.

17 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

The ratings for King of The Hill have been mediocre at-best in recent years.

I think most of the stations will probably replace it with weekday airings of Bob's Burgers (it's already airing on weekends, but daily airings begin this fall).

Is Bob's going daily confirmed? 

20 hours ago, channel2 said:

Hope Comedy Central wasn't expecting to keep it around for the long haul, then. They're still airing it every weekday morning.

I was totally wrong I saw a promo for Kelly Clarkson talker and it will be on WWMT which surprised me as I thought for sure Nexstar was going to put it on Wood TV or WOTV. Tamron Hall doesn't get a double run as I thought and I wouldn't be surprised if Judge Jerry & Protection Court will be on WXSP but knowing them will have to search for it on TV Titan for the time as they don't do many promos for shows.

I think some NBC O&O's are replacing Extra with Judge Jerry I heard that is what is happening in LA that NBC will be putting Judge Jerry in access prime got that info from another message broad/forum.

Interest

11 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I think some NBC O&O's are replacing Extra with Judge Jerry I heard that is what is happening in LA that NBC will be putting Judge Jerry in access prime got that info from another message broad/forum.

That's interesting. I always thought conflict talkers were too trashy for NBC O&Os, but whatever brings in the ratings I guess... has anyone seen clip for this new show ? Is it pretty much The Jerry Springer Show with a courtroom?  Or will this be a more dignified program?

12 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I was totally wrong I saw a promo for Kelly Clarkson talker and it will be on WWMT which surprised me as I thought for sure Nexstar was going to put it on Wood TV or WOTV. Tamron Hall doesn't get a double run as I thought and I wouldn't be surprised if Judge Jerry & Protection Court will be on WXSP but knowing them will have to search for it on TV Titan for the time as they don't do many promos for shows.

A lot of Judge Jerry's affiliates will be former Jerry Springer affiliates. 

55 minutes ago, tvtime07 said:

Interest

That's interesting. I always thought conflict talkers were too trashy for NBC O&Os, but whatever brings in the ratings I guess... has anyone seen clip for this new show ? Is it pretty much The Jerry Springer Show with a courtroom?  Or will this be a more dignified program?

Judge Jerry will be a lot more dignified and calmer than the show it's replacing, if this reel is any indication. Springer himself actually has a law degree.

16 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

WPIX New York, WCIU Chicago, WPHL Philadelphia, KDAF Dallas, and WLVI Boston have been reported as carrying the show. So I guess O&Os in those cities will not carry it.

57 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

WPIX New York, WCIU Chicago, WPHL Philadelphia, WDAF Dallas, and WLVI Boston have been reported as carrying the show. So I guess O&Os in those cities will not carry it.

That's KDAF.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, Action Newsroom said:

(There is expectation that Mario Lopez and Billy Bush will be switching newsmagazines)

On 5/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, Action Newsroom said:

Bush will join Extra Extra.

...and now the switcheroo is complete as Lopez will officially join Access and Access Live -- scratch that, Access Daily.

What's interesting is that the press release states that he will join "Access Hollywood" ... Looks like they will revert back to the original name that was dropped a year or so ago in favor or the shortened "Access."

Also, I wonder what the NBC o&o's will pair with Access Hollywood... 7pm newscast?, Judge Jerry?, a game show such as Family Feud? And what time the shows will air, I could see Access getting the post Nightly slot at 7pm unless they do a newscast. 

12 hours ago, B2r4a6n said:

What's interesting is that the press release states that he will join "Access Hollywood" ... Looks like they will revert back to the original name that was dropped a year or so ago in favor or the shortened "Access."

Also, I wonder what the NBC o&o's will pair with Access Hollywood... 7pm newscast?, Judge Jerry?, a game show such as Family Feud? And what time the shows will air, I could see Access getting the post Nightly slot at 7pm unless they do a newscast. 

Yes, they're going back to calling Access Hollywood.

Also, the exceptions, of course, goes to WRC as they already air Access but after Nightly (thank god for their three hours of news from 4-7pm) and to KNSD because they got the WOF-J! hour.

13 hours ago, B2r4a6n said:

1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Yes, they're going back to calling Access Hollywood.

Also, the exceptions, of course, goes to WRC as they already air Access but after Nightly (thank god for their three hours of news from 4-7pm) and to KNSD because they got the WOF-J! hour.

With direct competition with ET & Wheel, I personally don't see NBC moving Access Hollywood away from its 7:30pm timeslot, since they've been there for so long,. With that said, NBC should've announced its post-Extra plans by now, since we're getting closer to the new fall season.

Archived