2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

21 minutes ago, mre29 said:

MyNet* is basically a competitor not for the five major networks, but all the "old TV and movies" diginets (Antenna, Buzz, Comet, Cozi, Decades, Heroes & Icons, MeTV, This, That, Start TV, etc.). The only reason it has as many affiliates as it does is because they were all scared of being independents again after The WB and UPN merged to create The CW.

What's more amazing is the sheer number of those affiliates that changed their call letters to reference their new network.

* Though maybe it should be called My Procedural...

All scared of being independents again.

Be careful what you wish for because THEY ARE independents again. MyNet barely has a good enough website and promotions? Forget it.

At this point, they're just independents.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

All scared of being independents again.

Be careful what you wish for because THEY ARE independents again. MyNet barely has a good enough website and promotions? Forget it.

At this point, they're just independents.

Ask KZJO, KSHV, WPHL and KCWX what network they're with. 

8 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Ask KZJO, KSHV, WPHL and KCWX what network they're with. 

Independents if you ask me. Plus, their brandings are nowhere near the MyTV branding. KZJO? JOE TV. KSHV? V45. WPHL? PHL 17. KCWX? KCWX-TV.

So... yeah. Independents.

Color me surprised. For the first time in 13 years, there will be a new show occupying the post-Live timeslot this fall.

qk2VKHd.png

B&C states Rachael Ray is being bumped to 2pm on WABC, WPVI & WTVD. No word on what time the western O&Os will carry the program. 

On 6/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, CircleSeven said:

Color me surprised. For the first time in 13 years, there will be a new show occupying the post-Live timeslot this fall.

qk2VKHd.png

B&C states Rachael Ray is being bumped to 2pm on WABC, WPVI & WTVD. No word on what time the western O&Os will carry the program. 

This is probably a win/win for everyone: Tamron gets the strongest possible lead-in these stations can offer and Rachael will probably be an improvement on Millionaire and a better lead-out for Strahan and Sara. 

On 6/30/2019 at 12:48 PM, CircleSeven said:

qk2VKHd.png

I'm sorry, but did General Hospital get cancelled?

5 minutes ago, NEOMatrix said:

I'm sorry, but did General Hospital get cancelled?

Except for when 'Katie' took the 3 o'clock slot for 2 years, GH has aired at 3 on those stations for a loooooooong time.

KOTV is moving Dr. Phil to 3pm (replacing Millionaire) next month to make way for a new 4pm newscast.

IIRC, 3pm was Phil's original timeslot when it debuted in 2002, moving to 4pm after Oprah ended in 2011.

Update - The changes take place on August 5th.

2 hours ago, d247 said:

KOTV is moving Dr. Phil to 3pm (replacing Millionaire) next month to make way for a new 4pm newscast.

IIRC, 3pm was Phil's original timeslot when it debuted in 2002, moving to 4pm after Oprah ended in 2011.

This is something I saw coming in Tulsa when word that Millionaire was getting canned. Now KTUL will finally have competition at 4 (I fully expect KOTV's to be an hour and not a half-hour newscast.

The only question is will the 9pm team anchor the 4pm as well or will the Evening anchor team at KOTV handle the 4pm newscast?

5 hours ago, d247 said:

Where did you hear this from btw? A commercial or where else?

Big changes coming to WTOC in the fall.

First, the station is dropping its local 7am hour of The News at Daybreak, in favor of CBS This Morning at its network timeslot.

Then, the station is replacing its longtime local 10am program Mid-Morning Live for a new live local morning show at 9am, Morning Break (where did I hear that before, WBTV). 

And replacing Let's Make A Deal at 3pm (which is moving to 10am) will be that new syndie game show hosted by Meredith Vieira called 25 Words Or Less.

Here's how the lineup will look like come 9/16.

• 4:30am - WTOC The News at Daybreak
  • 7am - CBS This Morning (NEW TIME; from 8am)
  • 9am - Morning Break (NEW Local SHOW - Replacing Mid-Morning Live at 10am)
  • 10am - Let's Make A Deal (NEW TIME; from 3pm)
  • 11am - The Price Is Right
  • 12pm - WTOC The News at Noon
  • 12:30pm - Young & The Restless
  • 1:30pm - Bold & The Beautiful
  • 2pm - The Talk
  • 3pm - 25 Words Or Less (NEW SHOW - 2x)

It's only a matter of time (not if but when) before WFMY would have to give up its 7am local slot for CTM.......

47 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Where did you hear this from btw? A commercial or where else?

Caught a bit of a station promo while flipping channels last night and ended up missing the date. I'll update the post when I catch it again.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

First, the station is dropping its local 7am hour of The News at Daybreak, in favor of CBS This Morning at its network timeslot.

Then, the station is replacing its longtime local 10am program Mid-Morning Live for a new live local morning show at 9am, Morning Break (where did I hear that before, WBTV). 

And replacing Let's Make A Deal at 3pm (which is moving to 10am) will be that new syndie game show hosted by Meredith Vieira called 25 Words Or Less.

• 2pm - The Talk

It's only a matter of time (not if but when) before WFMY would have to give up its 7am local slot for CTM.......

Ditto for KOTV. At least they have KQCW.

8 hours ago, d247 said:

I think a 4pm is long overdue for Griffin6. 

7 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I think a 4pm is long overdue for Griffin6. 

I think that and having KWTV-produced newscasts on KSBI were LONG overdue.

At least their addressing that for Tulsa but it's time for Griffin to stop neglecting their OKC operation and start giving them what they deserve (especially KSBI)

On 7/3/2019 at 5:42 AM, CircleSeven said:

• 2pm - The Talk

On 7/3/2019 at 5:42 AM, CircleSeven said:

On 7/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, oknewsguy said:

I think that and having KWTV-produced newscasts on KSBI were LONG overdue.

At least their addressing that for Tulsa but it's time for Griffin to stop neglecting their OKC operation and start giving them what they deserve (especially KSBI)

I thought that all TV stations that signed up for CBS have to air the whole 2 hours of CBS This Morning. WWMT use to put news on at 7AM than CBS This Morning in the 90's I think in 2000 they aired the full 2 hours.

2 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I thought that all TV stations that signed up for CBS have to air the whole 2 hours of CBS This Morning. WWMT use to put news on at 7AM than CBS This Morning in the 90's I think in 2000 they aired the full 2 hours.

Yes. They have to. But some used to (and still do) pre-empt it until 8AM which isn't surprising considering CTM is still a langushing 3rd. WTOC is following KUTV and several others having to move up to 7AM.

But KOTV, WFMY and still a few others say hello to 8AM.

23 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

21 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Yes. They have to. But some used to (and still do) pre-empt it until 8AM which isn't surprising considering CTM is still a langushing 3rd. WTOC is following KUTV and several others having to move up to 7AM.

But KOTV, WFMY and still a few others say hello to 8AM.

I'd imagine CBS may be requiring stations to air CTM in its entirety, and live 7-9AM, as part of any and all affiliation renewals.  We've seen it with WWL moving the 7-9AM edition of its long-running Eyewitness Morning News to WUPL for CTM to air on WWL.  I'd imagine we could see WFMY and a few other CBS affiliates having to air CTM in its intended 7-9AM slot.

9 hours ago, atlnewsfan03 said:

I'd imagine CBS may be requiring stations to air CTM in its entirety, and live 7-9AM, as part of any and all affiliation renewals.  We've seen it with WWL moving the 7-9AM edition of its long-running Eyewitness Morning News to WUPL for CTM to air on WWL.  I'd imagine we could see WFMY and a few other CBS affiliates having to air CTM in its intended 7-9AM slot.

WFMY just re-upped with CBS along with all the other Tegna CBS stations and they still air it at 8am, they are a heritage CBS affiliate that has been around since the 50s and hasn’t had any other primary affiliation. Still, never say never.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:32 PM, Megatron81 said:

Did you accidentally quote my post or what?

I saw promos for a few new shows for 2019-20 Syndication season.

Tamron Hall which is getting a double run on the main WWMT Ch: 3 & CW7 no time was given,

America Says & 25 Words Or Less will also air on CW7 no time or date was given.

2 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

I saw the promo of Tameron Hall coming to KTVT on MeTV (21.2). FYI, Tameron worked at KTVT back in the early-mid 1990s.

What?!! It's not being cleared on any of the main channels? Not even TXA 21?

Archived