2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

On 5/24/2019 at 12:33 PM, Nelson R. said:

I missed that. Thanks. Since Mark Washburn’s retirement I don’t pick up on as much of this kind of stuff in Charlotte. Not sure where Clarkson will go now. Maybe WJZY.

And I can’t blame them for going local again. With only one non-network hour available not including late night, no reason to purchase another syndicated program. They will likely replace “Me Time” at 1:37am with an infomercial.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/23/2019 at 11:23 AM, NEOMatrix said:

In Cleveland, WUAB may have room to reinstate its 7am newscast because Face the Truth and Steve are both going bye-bye. WEWS will likely gun for Tamron Hall, especially since they're losing Pickler and Ben and Millionaire, with Right This Minute likely moving to 12:30pm.

Could WEWS also gun for Mel Robbins' new talk show as well?

On 5/28/2019 at 2:46 PM, CLETVFan said:

Could WEWS also gun for Mel Robbins' new talk show as well?

Nah you may want to prepare for that dude that always comments on Roly's blog to complain about how Station A is becoming too much news and not doing enough non-news programming. Because I'm expecting WEWS and quite a few Scripps stations to replace P&B with additional newscasts

13 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Nah you may want to prepare for that dude that always comments on Roly's blog to complain about how Station A is becoming too much news and not doing enough non-news programming. Because I'm expecting WEWS and quite a few Scripps stations to replace P&B with additional newscasts

WFTS is already adding 3pm news to replace P&B (moving Right This Minute up to Noon probably) so it could be a start...

On 5/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

Actually, WBTV will replace Steve at 3:00pm with "a local hour of programming." So either it will be an afternoon version of "Morning Break" or an extra hour of local news.

I was right... starting September 9th, the hour-long QC at 3 where Morning Break becomes QC Morning and their lifestyle website Queen City Weekend will become QC Life.

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/05/31/wbtv-introduces-qc-more/

So now, WBTV's Fall schedule will be this:

• 04:00-04:30 AM: CBS Morning News
  • 04:30-07:00 AM: WBTV News This Morning
  • 07:00-09:00 AM: CBS This Morning
  • 09:00-10:00 AM: WBTV - QC Morning
  • 10:00AM-12:00PM: CBS Daytime
  • 12:00-12:30 PM: WBTV News at Noon
  • 12:30-03:00 PM: CBS Daytime
  • 03:00-04:00 PM: WBTV - QC at 3:00
  • 04:00-06:30 PM: WBTV News
  • 06:30-07:00 PM: CBS Evening News
  • 07:00-07:30 PM: WBTV News Primetime
  • 07:30-08:00 PM: WBTV - On Your Side Tonight
  • 08:00-11:00 PM: CBS Primetime
  • 11:00-11:35 PM: WBTV News at 11:00
  • 11:35PM-1:35AM: CBS Late Night
  • 01:35-02:05 AM: Me Time with Frangela (the only syndie that'll be left)
  • 02:05-04:00 AM: CBS Overnight News

Notice the pattern?

14 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

P&B comes on at 10am on WEWS, so that may be where Tamron Hall goes. As far as WEWS running news 3-6:30pm? Ehh. Only because WJW can somehow run news at 4-7:30pm well do I have hope, plus WEWS' "News 5 at 4pm" is basically the "News Central 2.0" Sinclair always wanted to do.

1 hour ago, NEOMatrix said:

P&B comes on at 10am on WEWS, so that may be where Tamron Hall goes. As far as WEWS running news 3-6:30pm? Ehh. Only because WJW can somehow run news at 4-7:30pm well do I have hope, plus WEWS' "News 5 at 4pm" is basically the "News Central 2.0" Sinclair always wanted to do.

Hate to say it for that dude that always complains about how stations are doing away with syndicated programming in favor of local news but the way the syndication programming as we know it today is dying of slow death so the local stations have no choice but to go to 3pm newscasts, sure Tamron could go to WEWS. In fact in a PM with you, I'll give you the schedule line for this fall in Cleveland that I see happening

57 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Tamron Hall's website now has stations who will be airing her show. Among the stations airing her are KEYE, KTBS, WAFB, WDSU, KLRT, KOCO, KHBS, WWMT, WOAI, WHBQ, WSOC and WLKY.

So I see Sinclair (KEYE, WWMT, WOAI), Wray, Inc. (KTBS), Gray (WAFB), Hearst (WDSU, KOCO, KHBS and WLKY), Nexstar (KLRT) and Cox (WHBQ, WSOC) all in it. A good mix of everyone carrying her show.

31 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

So I see Sinclair (KEYE, WWMT, WOAI), Wray, Inc. (KTBS), Gray (WAFB), Hearst (WDSU, KOCO, KHBS and WLKY), Nexstar (KLRT) and Cox (WHBQ, WSOC) all in it. A good mix of everyone carrying her show.

No clearance in Miami.

4 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

KTVT is carrying Tamron Hall. First CBS O&O to carry the show.

A little late on that. 😂😂. I saw that weeks earlier on FB and posted it here.

Another rivaling network O&O airing her is WTTG (Fox)

I am curious though. Are any other CBS or Fox O&Os picking her up?

1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Also, Meredith (WSMV) is picking up Tamron Hall.

A solid mix of different groups AND affiliates, that's pretty good

As I thought all long that Tamron Hall was going to be on WWMT replacing Steve Harvey's Steve at 3PM. Kelly Clarkson most likely on Nexstar Wood TV or WOTV I could see Wood TV flipping one of the talkers they have had for years I'm thinking Dr. OZ may move back to sister station WOTV which they aired for the first couple of years of his run.

Tamron Hall will be going to KOKI, likely replacing Face the Truth at 1pm. Now, that station's only other vacancy I can think of is PageSix TV at 2:30p.

In addition to the aforementioned WAFB, KTBS, and WDSU, here's how the rest of Louisiana is covered for Tamron Hall's show:

Lafayette--KLAF [or KADN 15.2] (NBC)

Lake Charles--KSWL (AKA CBS Lake Charles, which is a low-power CBS station that serves as a pass-through for the network's programs in the Lake Charles market)

Alexandria--KLAX (ABC)

Monroe--KTVE (NBC)

Gainesville... WCJB TV 20. Not surprised since it carries the canceled P&B and they'll probably fit it there.

Orlando... WESH 2. Not sure who they'll replace to make room for it.

Miami... No station as of yet.

Tampa... WMOR 32. Yep... the connection to Hearst makes the difference.

Fort Myers... WBBH NBC 2. Not sure either, unless they're willing to give up Dr. Oz at 2pm to make room or give up their 3pm news for the new show.

Jacksonville... WJAX CBS 47. A nice fit at 3pm to replace the canceled STEVE.

WPB... WPBF 25 News. They air Dr. Oz twice at 10am and 3pm. Its about time they'll give up one of those airings for Tamron Hall's new show.

That's just the major markets in Florida.

27 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Gainesville... WCJB TV 20. Not surprised since it carries the canceled P&B and they'll probably fit it there.

Orlando... WESH 2. Not sure who they'll replace to make room for it.

Miami... No station as of yet.

Tampa... WMOR 32. Yep... the connection to Hearst makes the difference.

Fort Myers... WBBH NBC 2. Not sure either, unless they're willing to give up Dr. Oz at 2pm to make room or give up their 3pm news for the new show.

Jacksonville... WJAX CBS 47. A nice fit at 3pm to replace the canceled STEVE.

WPB... WPBF 25 News. They air Dr. Oz twice at 10am and 3pm. Its about time they'll give up one of those airings for Tamron Hall's new show.

That's just the major markets in Florida.

Who has it in Tallahassee and Panama City?

Archived