2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

I wonder how this will affect Wendy's talk show, since "Big Kev" is an executive producer, as well as a major part of her production company.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/11/wendy-williams-files-for-divorce-from-husband-kevin-hunter/

Someone mentioned on The View one way to get rid of Kevin is to cancel the show, rename it similar like Wendy and start a new production company.  Like just transition the show and all over night. Like how The Steve Harvey Show became Steve when it changed ownership and he got a stake.  Almost every Steve Harvey station carried the newly named Steve.

1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

Someone mentioned on The View one way to get rid of Kevin is to cancel the show, rename it similar like Wendy and start a new production company.  Like just transition the show and all over night. Like how The Steve Harvey Show became Steve when it changed ownership and he got a stake.  Almost every Steve Harvey station carried the newly named Steve.

That is, if the CBS stations don't attempt to snag it from Fox due to Debmar-Mercury changing affilations.

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Someone mentioned on The View one way to get rid of Kevin is to cancel the show, rename it similar like Wendy and start a new production company.  Like just transition the show over night.

Fascinating. Actually, it would be so awesome if that happened.

Hunter deserves all the heat for his infidelity -- including losing his stake in Williams' show.

And since The Wendy Williams Show has reached 10 seasons (a landmark for any show), these are the perfect reasons to start fresh.

Face The Truth was on WXSP at 11AM for a full hour it went up against The Doctors which was on at 11AM on CW7 which The Doctors was on Nexstar stations for 10 years before this year since the Lin TV days. The Doctors has 9 lives it has been on life support for the past couple of years now I think it's time for the show to end it's run as it has been on for over 10 years. 

19 minutes ago, Megatron81 said:

Face The Truth was on WXSP at 11AM for a full hour it went up against The Doctors which was on at 11AM on CW7 which The Doctors was on Nexstar stations for 10 years before this year since the Lin TV days. The Doctors has 9 lives it has been on life support for the past couple of years now I think it's time for the show to end it's run as it has been on for over 10 years. 

Yeah WCNC aired it at 2 for years before Tegna dumped it here in favor of TD Jakes and now a double run of Daily Blast Live occupies the time slot. I don’t think it was cleared in Charlotte anywhere for a year but WAXN picked it up and it now airs at 11am, still a significant downgrade. 

6 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Is it a syndication episode? Because The CW now has rerun rights to Springer.

actually...now that you mention it, no.  and i guess the same could be said for KBCW.

Just now, MidwestTV said:

Wouldn't be surprising. A show with a hodgepodge of ideas that just wasn't that good.

I got what they were trying to do, but there was no need for 6 or 7 panels of people. They only needed 3- but it was to be those emotional type of shows.  I thought it would have gotten a season 2 pick-up.

22 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Yeah WCNC aired it at 2 for years before Tegna dumped it here in favor of TD Jakes and now a double run of Daily Blast Live occupies the time slot. I don’t think it was cleared in Charlotte anywhere for a year but WAXN picked it up and it now airs at 11am, still a significant downgrade. 

Yeah The Doctors was on at 3PM when it made it debut in 08 on Wood TV then moved to WOTV in 10 or 11 and Wood TV took Dr. OZ where The Doctors use to be at 3PM. I think in 13 or 14 The Doctors got the downgrade when Lin TV/Media General put The Doctors on MYNet TV WXSP the last week when WXSP had The Doctors put it on at 4AM. The Doctors has a double run on CW7 at 6AM & 11AM which replaced Kids Click block.

Daily Blast Live comes on at 7:30PM after ET which replaced The Insider TENGA didn't want to move Hot Bench or Judge Judy and wanted to keep them at 3PM for Hot Bench for a full hour and Judge Judy for a full hour at 4PM.  

On 4/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, Eyewitness News-man said:

Great.

I enjoy DailyMailTV, and although I don't watch it as much anymore since it moved to Noon on WPSG last fall, I'm kinda happy (and really fascinated) The Doctors also got another pickup. Face the Truth OTHO is a waste of air-time, concept (one that already exists and is more successful on Maury) and even Vivica A. Fox's presence. It says a lot that a timeslot of 9AM on KYW would only partially lead to its downfall.

If it airs at noon, is the episode from the previous day?

On 4/14/2019 at 12:23 AM, Megatron81 said:

Random aside, but for some reason whenever I hear someone mention The Doctors, I think of the old soap opera and not the current talk show...

On 4/13/2019 at 10:45 AM, rkolsen said:

Speaking of Wendy Williams...the expansion of Good Day Atlanta to 10:00 am on WAGA also means Wendy now at 11:00, opposite The Price Is Right (WGCL), The View (WSB), and Atlanta & Company (WXIA).

The Real and TMZ Live are now at 1:00 and 2:00 pm respectively, while Access is back at 2:00 am.

Archived