2019-20 Syndication News

east-tx-tv

3 hours ago, CRThell said:

Page Six TV is done. Signs point towards Disney folding 20th Television.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/page-six-tv-syndicated-pop-culture-show-end-second-season-1202589350/

Or at least a fire sale of their lower-tier content ("Divorce Court", "Dish Nation" and "True Crime Files"...plus the pre-Paramount Network seasons of "COPS Original Recipe/Reloaded") to another syndicator. With the DM shows headed to CBS, you have to wonder if our old friend Byron Allen is chomping to get those shows for Entertainment Studios and Justice Central. But the sitcoms and dramas will definitely have some transition to Disney-ABC. 

Sadly, not surprised about "Page Six TV" though (with the Murdoch connection severed it was forgone that DIsney wouldn't take it to a third season). It was a great format with good hosts, but its main default scheduling was often with "Daily Mail TV" leading into it...which might be scheduling-smart, but is show-profile dumb overall.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

WKYC's director of content has tweeted that the station will air the Kelly Clarkson Show this fall.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Sorry... I just had to.

I liked Page Six TV was glad it got a better time slot this year and moved from WZZM which aired Page Six TV at 10:30AM it's first season. I think the only reason WZZM got Page Six TV was because The Insider was canceled moved to WXSP and Page Six TV got 11PM last fall which was a good thing and I got to watch it 5 nights a week. Although Tue they seem to air a repeat of Monday wonder if WXSP airs Tue's EP on the weekend even know TV guide on TV doesn't show it.

I wonder if WXSP will put Seinfeld back to 11PM they moved it to 7PM this year or the return of Pawn Stars to 5 days a week and not just the weekend.

Since y'all mentioned WSB, The Dr. Oz Show will move from WSB to WGCL this fall. CBS46 will be the fourth Atlanta station to air the show. It will remain in the same 3pm time slot. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, it began on WXIA (2009-11), then WAGA (2011-15) and then WSB (2015-19).

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/the-show-moving-cbs46-this-fall/TyZC32zUcZOBLi2HypKFQP/

33 minutes ago, tw-804 said:

The Dr. Oz Show will move from WSB to WGCL this fall. CBS46 will be the fourth Atlanta station to air the show. [...] it began on WXIA (2009-11), then WAGA (2011-15) and then WSB (2015-19)

Wow. Like some sort of strange testament to Oz, it really says a lot that -- even in its tenth season -- it still gets passed around between stations like a joint at Coachella.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:44 PM, channel2 said:

How does DailyMailTV get any ratings at all?

It apparently does. It and The Doctors were renewed, while Face The Truth is ending. 

https://deadline.com/2019/04/face-the-truth-canceled-first-season-the-doctors-dailymailtv-syndicated-series-renewed-1202594794/

Since The Doctors most recently got a 0.6 in the last ratings period (which would spell cancellation for any other show), this prove's Dr. Phil and Co. are being greedy and wanting to desperately retain the remaining prime affiliate time-slots it has.

4 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

It apparently does. It and The Doctors were renewed, while Face The Truth is ending. 

https://deadline.com/2019/04/face-the-truth-canceled-first-season-the-doctors-dailymailtv-syndicated-series-renewed-1202594794/

Since The Doctors most recently got a 0.6 in the last ratings period (which would spell cancellation for any other show), this prove's Dr. Phil and Co. are being greedy and wanting to desperately retain the remaining prime affiliate time-slots it has.

You know a show is a complete bomb when WDJT (one of CBS's most loyal affiliates and DTD distributors) kills the late night rerun after a week for Andy Griffith reruns and puts zero effort into further promos on WMLW. Face the Truth was an awful concept with horrid panelists and should have never come to the air; hopefully this is the final death knell for the "paternity test talk show" genre. It works as a segment on Maury, but is just too pathetic to work as a daily hour-long series.

As for The Doctors...it fills an hour of TV for some stations and give that gang their house/car payments. It has lost most of its prime slots in the last year, so it seems like it's solely a renewal to assuage the team on that show that the FTT disaster wasn't their fault, and to keep Dr. Phil from breathing down the necks of the CBSDTD execs.

49 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

You know a show is a complete bomb when WDJT (one of CBS's most loyal affiliates and DTD distributors) kills the late night rerun after a week for Andy Griffith reruns and puts zero effort into further promos on WMLW. Face the Truth was an awful concept with horrid panelists and should have never come to the air; hopefully this is the final death knell for the "paternity test talk show" genre. It works as a segment on Maury, but is just too pathetic to work as a daily hour-long series.

As for The Doctors...it fills an hour of TV for some stations and give that gang their house/car payments. It has lost most of its prime slots in the last year, so it seems like it's solely a renewal to assuage the team on that show that the FTT disaster wasn't their fault, and to keep Dr. Phil from breathing down the necks of the CBSDTD execs.

I obviously knew Face The Truth had no hope when pre-Gray WUAB buried the show in a 7AM timeslot.

32 minutes ago, NEOMatrix said:

I obviously knew Face The Truth had no hope when pre-Gray WUAB buried the show in a 7AM timeslot.

Especially when it airs against FOX 8 News in the Morning at 7AM. There's no way people would be watching that when everyone's watching WJW at that time.

5 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

[DailyMailTV] and The Doctors were renewed, while Face The Truth is ending.

Great.

I enjoy DailyMailTV, and although I don't watch it as much anymore since it moved to Noon on WPSG last fall, I'm kinda happy (and really fascinated) The Doctors also got another pickup. Face the Truth OTHO is a waste of air-time, concept (one that already exists and is more successful on Maury) and even Vivica A. Fox's presence. It says a lot that a timeslot of 9AM on KYW would only partially lead to its downfall.

3 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Actually, Face the Truth is two half hour shows programmed as one hour. I assume if the program got renewed, stations could mix-and-match new episodes and reruns to fill an hour (like Judge Judy and Hot Bench) or air one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. But I'm sure there aren't any stations that air the half hours seperately,

As for this ending the "paternity test" shows, as long as there are still high school and college students watching, Maury will stay on. Even when he turns 80!

17 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

Actually, Face the Truth is two half hour shows programmed as one hour. I assume if the program got renewed, stations could mix-and-match new episodes and reruns to fill an hour (like Judge Judy and Hot Bench) or air one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. But I'm sure there aren't any stations that air the half hours seperately,

As for this ending the "paternity test" shows, as long as there are still high school and college students watching, Maury will stay on. Even when he turns 80!

Maury Povich IS actually 80 (he turned 80 on January 17th)

On 4/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, Greggo said:

WSB/Atlanta morning anchor Linda Stouffer tweeted today that her station will be airing Tamron Hall’s talk show this fall. 

With Tamron Hall’s Talk show on ABC affiliates in the Top 10 markets hopefully it translates into rating success. With the ABC O&Os and now WSB carrying the show Things are starting off good for “Tamron”. 

20 minutes ago, NYPhillynews said:

With Tamron Hall’s Talk show on ABC affiliates in the Top 10 markets hopefully it translates into rating success. With the ABC O&Os and now WSB carrying the show Things are starting off good for “Tamron”. 

I bet they have to disappointed that she's airing in an off-network primetime slot in Chicago, though- a market she worked in for a decade.

45 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Maury Povich IS actually 80 (he turned 80 on January 17th)

Then he'll continue into his 90s! He's become to todays college kids what Bob Barker and The Price is Right was to late 90's/early 2000's ones!

11 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

Then he'll continue into his 90s! He's become to todays college kids what Bob Barker and The Price is Right was to late 90's/early 2000's ones!

The difference was, Barker retired at 83, the question mark is going to be how much longer can Povich go before he retires? My educated guess would be into his mid 80s depending upon his contract. 

1 hour ago, hmaxhanson said:

Maybe Maury will try to outlast Johnny Gilbert’s tenure on Jeopardy, whenever that ends.

Archived