Tegna Weather Videos

DENDude

I noticed something today, on the KUSA website (I have checked some of their sister stations [WXIA, KARE, WTLV/WJXX & WZZM] and it is the same thing) all of the weather videos on Tegna websites are now from AccuWeather and not from within house like it used to be.  This must have been a fairly recent change because as of late last week these videos were not on the weather page.  What also is strange is if memory serves me right didn't Tegna (then Gannett Broadcasting) drop the local AccuWeather channel from most of it's stations a few years back?   

9 hours ago, DENDude said:

I noticed something today, on the KUSA website (I have checked some of their sister stations [WXIA, KARE, WTLV/WJXX & WZZM] and it is the same thing) all of the weather videos on Tegna websites are now from AccuWeather and not from within house like it used to be.  This must have been a fairly recent change because as of late last week these videos were not on the weather page.  What also is strange is if memory serves me right didn't Tegna (then Gannett Broadcasting) drop the local AccuWeather channel from most of it's stations a few years back?   

Very late last year, KUSA dropped WeatherNation for Cozi TV on 9.2 but it did carry AccuWeather before getting WN.

Archived