WRAL meteorologist Greg Fishel out in reported "personal matter"

TriangleTriadMediaNews

Longtime WRAL Chief Meteorologist Greg Fishel is no longer with the station, effective immediately 

“I want to let viewers of WRAL know that you will no longer see me as a part of the WRAL News team. I know there will be many questions as to “why?” and I would like to share what I can with you. I have been facing many personal challenges over the last year, and these issues have impacted my ability to work effectively and professionally. I take full responsibility for my actions and intend on meeting these challenges head on. WRAL-TV has accepted my resignation.”

https://www.wral.com/greg-fishel-announcement/18190287/

A couple weeks ago, David Crabtree made a statement on-air that he had been relieved of his duties as a Deacon at his church, due to an "inappropriate but consensual relationship", my guess with Crabtree is that he was involved with a married woman.  As for Fishel, man this is a bummer for me.  I used to love him when I lived in the Triangle, this news is simply baffling.  Whatever it is, I hope he's okay.

Here's a more in depth article from the Raleigh News & Observer

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article226198385.html?fbclid=IwAR1ddfIKyvrAVoMV2P8L3aBhIAlSQjCYHIFles_PIDbkK-UUHjW_4M7ovS0

1 hour ago, cna247 said:

Not a big deal, but a typo in your thread title makes a big difference in meaning of what’s going on here: personnel vs personal.

I created the title when I split the thread from Out and About. Capitol was describing it as a "personnel" matter but "personal" makes more sense given the contours of it.

Archived