The Frog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If they keep having games like last night (Birmingham Iron beat the San Diego Fleet with a last second field goal) I think the ratings will only continue to improve.

As a football fan, I'm glad that CBS sees that this is a viable lead-in for March Madness.

I also posted this in the March Madness thread, but it's relevant here too. AAF ratings for the TNT game are in: 340k total. The NFLN games weren't in the Top 50 in Sports for the first time. Not surprising given how much basketball was on this weekend.

EDIT: Forgot relevant link. http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekly-sports-tv-ratings-3-18-3-24-2019.html

I'm sad. My Apollos kicked ass this year.

What's even sadder is that they can't even finish out the rest of their season. Two more games per team, plus the two conf. championship games and the championship game overall and now it looks like NONE of it will be played.

Apollos are the very-shortened "unofficial" champions of the one and only AAF season, IMO.

1 hour ago, hfiles said:

The most offensive part of the closure is that it is not finance related. They had enough money to finish out the season, but primary owner Tom Dundon decided to pull the plug early.

Turns out he only took over the league to acquire the rights to some tracking technologies the league was using. Once he secured them, he pulled the plug.

Also the NFL and AAF couldn't come together on language for player loan agreements which without it in essence would prevent players from transferring between leagues. That would greatly hurt the AAF's talent pool which was poor as it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived