Bill Evans Out at WABC

RealNews18

On 6/16/2019 at 9:18 PM, Vlad said:

Aw, that’s nice to see him while Jeff gets some time off to spend with his son Jordan on Fathers Day. What a class act. 😊. Is he the San Francisco / KGO ABC 7 News Chief Meteorologist?

Not recently, he was a anchor at WTTG FOX 5 DC on their morning show... but I know he left recently.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, ColumbusNewsFan said:

Not recently, he was a anchor at WTTG FOX 5 DC on their morning show... but I know he left recently.

Haha not quite but a very common mistake. You’re thinking of Tony Perkins who replaced Spencer Christian as GMA Weather Anchor in 1999. Tony left GMA in 05/06 to return to Fox 5 DC and recently left that station as well.

Spencer Christian was GMA’s Weather Anchor from the early 80s to 1999. He left to work for KGO and is still there.

Here’s a photo of the two: 

Damn, they do look alike. My bad!

9 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Haha not quite but a very common mistake. You’re thinking of Tony Perkins who replaced Spencer Christian as GMA Weather Anchor in 1999. Tony left GMA in 05/06 to return to Fox 5 DC and recently left that station as well.

Spencer Christian was GMA’s Weather Anchor from the early 80s to 1999. He left to work for KGO and is still there.

Here’s a photo of the two: 

4 hours ago, ColumbusNewsFan said:

Damn, they do look alike. My bad!

Trust me, you're not the first to notice. I noticed that when I was a kid and watched GMA around the time of the transition of meteorologists between the two. Literally, Spencer and Tony could pass for brothers.

Archived