New WDIO Set & Logo

roscoryan

I was watching the coverage of the polar vortex on WDIO via NewsON this morning, and there was a quick 2 second accidental flash to the following, which seems to show a new set along with a new logo.  I guess it's safe to finally say RIP to the classic 10/13 logo.

1548873237106-83ae3ab5-32b6-46fc-8491-749d6bc5ebd2_.jpg

2 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Don't like it at all. Definitely prefer the classic 10/13 logo.

Sorry—this new logo’s.....

With You For Life.

Sometimes I wonder WHY I am a member of this site???? Y'all judgemental MUCH??? Geez! just because something doesn't meet "your" qualifications/opinions,  you act as Judge and Jury and convict because of narrow-minded views of what is "right"... DO any of you even live in the WDIO market, or do you just troll station websites for quick trials & executions?????

Watching a rebroadcast of their news on NewsOn. They ditched "Aerial" for "360" as their news music.  To be honest, I actually like the slogan and logo. First thing came to mind is "OK, a very good slogan for the long-dominant station in Duluth and the Northland". The set is built by a local firm.

https://www.wdio.com/news/wdio-new-set-local-builders/5228491/?cat=10335

4 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

"With You For Life"

Makes "We've got your back" sound like a masterpiece 

As bad as KOKH's slogan is, this slogan takes the cake as the worst slogan of this decade (and we've seen plenty of awful slogans in this decade)

Slogan is very 'eh' (at least they tried with something somewhat original rather than the same ones trodden before), but I'm sad to see a classic logo like the 10/13 circle go for such a bland 'fill in your call letters' form like that. The fact that the "10=IO" design wasn't continued in this one is such a missed opportunity.

15 hours ago, padrechuck said:

Sometimes I wonder WHY I am a member of this site???? Y'all judgemental MUCH??? Geez! just because something doesn't meet "your" qualifications/opinions,  you act as Judge and Jury and convict because of narrow-minded views of what is "right"... DO any of you even live in the WDIO market, or do you just troll station websites for quick trials & executions?????

... because we all are allowed to have opinions about things. We aren't "executing" anyone. We're judging news stations, not people. Calm down; you are taking this way too seriously.

And the slogan is still dumb.

Well, let me run against the grain here.

I like the new slogan actually. Mainly, The point is "We have been there for the good and bad and we'll be there to cover it all." The slogan "With you for life." gets to the point there. At least it isn't an overused slogan. I'm looking at you "On Your Side" "Coverage You Can Count On" and "Everywhere" as examples here!

For a market dominate station like WDIO... it works very well and as much as people on here will hate me for saying it, That 10/13 should of been killed off a LONG time ago Like A REALLY LONG TIME AGO! It shouldn't of been a logo going into 2019.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:41 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I'm going to take a stab and say that new package is definitely Renderon.

Not even close. It's definitely Linear Drift. It looks like the new WISH package that Nexstar stations got mixed with a little of the old WTNH/WIAT package and some custom elements. It differentiates it just slightly from the Nexstar version and looks really good. The animation though is definitely Linear Drift.

Archived