WBRE/WYOU's new Nexstar graphics

Bluestew22

WBRE/WYOU Eyewitness News in Wilkes-Barre PA just debuted new graphics on today's 5pm newscast. I think that they really needed an upgrade. They kept News Matrix, which has been their music package since 2012. 

This is a quick record that I did, via their online stream.

Here is the full 5pm/5:30pm compilation: 

Old graphics for reference:

16 minutes ago, Bluestew22 said:

WBRE/WYOU Eyewitness News in Wilkes-Barre PA just debuted new graphics on today's 5pm newscast. I think that they really needed an upgrade. They kept News Matrix, which has been their music package since 2012. 

This is a quick record that I did, via their online stream.

Old graphics for reference:

Looks like the same ones WHTM got yesterday.

43 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

This is the WISH package.

Is it just me or has WISH all of the sudden have become the graphics hub for the Nexstar stations within the Great Lakes/Northeastern region?

First WHTM gets it now WBRE/WYOU gets it

Reminder... WTNH also has it. So think about it... WISH (CW), WTNH (ABC), WBRE/WYOU (NBC/CBS), WHTM (ABC)... in other words, a standard graphics package that doesn't fit any particular network affiliation, like the CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX ones that Nexstar likes to use (KLFY, KTVX, KARK and KWKT are such examples).

20 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Reminder... WTNH also has it. So think about it... WISH (CW), WTNH (ABC), WBRE/WYOU (NBC/CBS), WHTM (ABC)... in other words, a standard graphics package that doesn't fit any particular network affiliation, like the CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX ones that Nexstar likes to use (KLFY, KTVX, KARK and KWKT are such examples).

Anyone willing to bet KRON will get them?

3 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Anyone willing to bet KRON will get them?

I'd go so far as to say it's a stone cold mortal lock.  The colors fit, and I can easily see them slotting the logo right in.  Now it's a matter of if they'll keep Instant Classics or not.

20 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Is it just me or has WISH all of the sudden have become the graphics hub for the Nexstar stations within the Great Lakes/Northeastern region?

First WHTM gets it now WBRE/WYOU gets it

No. It's Rey Rodriguez (former owner of Giant Octopus) who owns Linear Drift. You've noticed the KOLR 10 package making the rounds too. Nexstar (formerly LIN) has an ongoing on contract with Rey and it's been carried forward to Nexstar.

4 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

No. It's Rey Rodriguez (former owner of Giant Octopus) who owns Linear Drift. You've noticed the KOLR 10 package making the rounds too. Nexstar (formerly LIN) has an ongoing on contract with Rey and it's been carried forward to Nexstar.

I did notice the KOLR graphics package when I was in Branson last summer on Vacation. It's actually pretty good imo.

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

It and the Fox affiliate package are rip-offs of Tribunes packages, ironically.

Clearly a ripoff, and as a matter of fact, I would not be surprised one bit if we see the Tribune Creative West department get carried over to Nexstar. But in all fairness Tribune has done a tremendous job at pulling off these Fox graphics on the big three affiliates (a prime example of that is KFOR/WHO) and as much praise as we've given Nexstar for not only pulling off a very good graphics package for WISH and implementing that onto WHTM and now, WBRE/WYOU, I think we should also give praise to the company ironically enough Nexstar is acquiring for the execution of their graphics package

7 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Clearly a ripoff, and as a matter of fact, I would not be surprised one bit if we see the Tribune Creative West department get carried over to Nexstar. But in all fairness Tribune has done a tremendous job at pulling off these Fox graphics on the big three affiliates (a prime example of that is KFOR/WHO) and as much praise as we've given Nexstar for not only pulling off a very good graphics package for WISH and implementing that onto WHTM and now, WBRE/WYOU, I think we should also give praise to the company ironically enough Nexstar is acquiring for the execution of their graphics package

Also the CBS is a direct rip too:

Archived