WNYW - FOX5 News - New Set on the Way - Estimated Debut May

Dk_mediaNYC

I think it looks fine. It doesn't wow me but it's not terrible. I was expecting worse.  The part to the left of the desk...  Is that the same part that debuted a while back for weather and traffic?

I miss the days of new graphics and sets debuting at the same time.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

I think it looks fine. It doesn't wow me but it's not terrible. I was expecting worse. 

I miss the days of new graphics and sets debuting at the same time.

Especially on the weekends but that’s a different story.

Had to post my pics as well even though I’m on vacation in Savannah right now as I’m posting this.

edbcca1219228194.jpg 424cd71219228214.jpg 2cfaa71219228254.jpg deedc71219228294.jpg 4768ea1219228384.jpg 4fb5091219228404.jpg ba5e6c1219228424.jpg 3ed0db1219228434.jpg f9022f1219228454.jpg 5cb5f11219228464.jpg 9560141219228474.jpg 26bc651219228484.jpg 91448a1219228494.jpg 5f95781219228504.jpg 

They’re back to using multiple sweeping shots going into and out of breaks.. I remember they used to do it all the time.. I hope they continue to do so.. 

So far what we’ve seen is nice, it’ll be interesting to see what else they have over the next few days and weeks

1 hour ago, TennTV1983 said:

Looks very impressive and a lot better than I thought it would look based on the initial pics that were provided, but why do I have the feeling either JHD or Clickspring designed this?

They didn’t. 

And it looks great. Love the unique desk. 

I’m talking to my birdy now the set isn’t completely done... yet.  They still have install the kitchen, interview area and a performance space (bands) along with some floor based branding. Then the set will be relit. 

2 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

The part to the left of the desk...  Is that the same part that debuted a while back for weather and traffic?

No, that area is on the other side of the studio.

The FOX 5 header is nice.

The side areas seem strange with the subdued tones. 

Avoids the 'set in a corner' look but there's not much depth to it or illusion of bigger scale than reality - a problem with so many sets these days. 

11 hours ago, rkolsen said:

I’m talking to my birdy now the set isn’t completely done... yet.  They still have install the kitchen, interview area and a performance space (bands) along with some floor based branding. Then the set will be relit. 

Were they that anxious to get on air that they couldn't wait for it to be 100% complete?

13 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

Were they that anxious to get on air that they couldn't wait for it to be 100% complete?

No.. the old main set is moved to where the interview/kitchen/performance area was.. so they probably have to disassemble that now to install that portion of the new set.

New set looks good, but the camera quality is still awful, they either have some weird softening filter applied or they're not actually using HD cameras. 

• 1 month later...

Archived