WNYW - FOX5 News - New Set on the Way - Estimated Debut May

Dk_mediaNYC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 12:06 AM, Jay Russell said:

Looks kinda cheap

Good lord, that's an understatement!  I guess thinking too far out of the box and not hiring a more mainstream designer has its risks.  Not surprised at the staggered roll-out, the production manager there is too busy moving and shaking to worry about small details like a coordinated launch date.  

1 hour ago, TVCSD said:

Good lord, that's an understatement!  I guess thinking too far out of the box and not hiring a more mainstream designer has its risks.  Not surprised at the staggered roll-out, the production manager there is too busy moving and shaking to worry about small details like a coordinated launch date.  

From what I’ve heard is Fox came to them with a hodgepodge or wants/must haves and constantly requested changes well through the last minute. It doesn’t matter if you have the best designer in the world, if the station/customer wants something that’s what they get.  The designers other work I’ve seen is very good. 

On 4/7/2019 at 3:06 AM, Jay Russell said:

Looks kinda cheap

2 hours ago, TVCSD said:

Good lord, that's an understatement!  I guess thinking too far out of the box and not hiring a more mainstream designer has its risks.

I disagree; I like it and think it looks great. Although the design of the traffic standup is a pretty odd (pretty distracting even).

2 hours ago, TVCSD said:

Not surprised at the staggered roll-out, the production manager there is too busy moving and shaking to worry about small details like a coordinated launch date.

IMO, I don't mind waiting longer. I'm just happy WNYW will finally have a new set.

If you look at Audrey Puente Instagram story from earlier tonight you see what look like a tiny preview of the new set.. it has another screen and more of the white brick type like we see in the weather center. 

1 hour ago, Dk_mediaNYC said:

Samantha augeri tonight on Instagram teased the new anchor desk and some more of the set 

AA4D18B4-229B-47BC-89E7-F513FE00AAE9.jpeg

Looks like a video screenshot. Do you have a link to the actual post? I didn't see anything on her instagram (yes I know how creepy that sounds).

Her facebook has this:

That one area with the vertical monitors with the pink backdrop was a last minute decision. A decision that caused the designer to have to reconfigure the entire layout while parts were already under construction.  

I’m gonna assume here that somehow they may have to be in the newsroom for a weekend again or so so they can construct the couch area for good day.  (Assuming they keep it) if I’m correct that’s where they have the temp set right now. 

The design isn’t going exactly as visioned as the station is screwing up installation (piece by piece).  They additionally are going cheap on their lighting design (fixtures as @Weeters mentioned remaining and the actual design) which can make or break a set.  However I’ve been told that the original vision will be followed through but may not look it’s best because of the lighting. Case in point the weather and traffic area.

12 hours ago, rkolsen said:

The design isn’t going exactly as visioned as the station is screwing up installation (piece by piece).  They additionally are going cheap on their lighting design (fixtures as @Weeters mentioned remaining and the actual design) which can make or break a set.  However I’ve been told that the original vision will be followed through but may not look it’s best because of the lighting. Case in point the weather and traffic area.

That's a good way to make a designer never want to do work for your company again.

15 hours ago, rkolsen said:

FOX 5 can't do anything right🙄

2 hours ago, Dk_mediaNYC said:

New set premiers tonight at 10PM as per nick Gregory’s Facebook page excited to see

Yup. Set is on air now.. I’m assuming the interview area will be constructed this weekend (that’s where the temp desk set was)

Archived