WNYW - FOX5 News - New Set on the Way - Estimated Debut May

Dk_mediaNYC

On 2/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, RGSJenkins said:

Here it is, the 2006-19 set in 360 degree view.

I hope the reason the new set is taking so long is because they're ripping out those ancient electrics and the completely unnecessary fly system (all those ropes going from the grid to behind the set). Also, the ceiling looks like it a DuMont original and is probably known to cause cancer in some states.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, rkolsen said:

My birdie is reporting they are moving to a real temp set this weekend, which is a scaled down version of their current one.  It’s in an other studio.  However parts of the new set are in place and may debut before its finished.

Saturday night they did 30 minute newscasts at 6 PM and 10 PM  from the newsroom and ran taped shows 6:30 PM and 10:30 PM.

Audrey was outside the studio doing the weather forecasts.

WNYW-DT1_20190223_1800.jpg

WNYW-DT1_20190223_2200.jpg

WNYW-DT1_20190223_2200 (02).jpg

48 minutes ago, IceManNYR said:

Saturday night they did 30 minute newscasts at 6 PM and 10 PM  from the newsroom and ran taped shows 6:30 PM and 10:30 PM.

Audrey was outside the studio doing the weather forecasts.

That's...actually not a bad newsroom, if a bit barren.  Probably should find a way to use it for the duration of set construction.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, rkolsen said:

My birdie is reporting they are moving to a real temp set this weekend, which is a scaled down version of their current one.  It’s in an other studio.  However parts of the new set are in place and may debut before its finished.

It appears they moved to the new temporary studio tonight.

UNIDEPHD_20190224_1800.jpg

UNIDEPHD_20190224_1800 (02).jpg

UNIDEPHD_20190224_1800 (03).jpg

2 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

Did anyone catch the 9am hour of Good Day this morning? I’m going to assume they did it from the desk? Or is there an interview area on the temp set? 

9am was done from the desk with the guests on the each side of the anchors.

1 hour ago, Jay Russell said:

I just wanna know how they did that 6pm newscast and I use the term newscast loosley

6pm was done with Allison (in for Ernie) sitting to the viewer's far left next to the wall with Nick sitting in Steve's seat.

If I'm correct, the temporary set is the current news desk and walls moved over to where the musical performance and interview areas were located.

The new traffic and weather center are located opposite the new temporary location for the current news desk.

Here are some stills from an IG video showing the new traffic center, green screen and weather center.

Video00007.png

Video00008.png

Video00009.png

Video00010.png

On 3/1/2019 at 7:53 PM, rkolsen said:

Silly Fox 5, they are debuting a set piece by piece that isn’t even lit properly. 

They must have joined the "Set of the Month Club"...ya know that's where they get a new set piece each month, so the set is forever being updated...and the company credit card gets billed each month.

Fun fact:  San Diego / L.A. radio DJ Shotgun Tom Kelly used to have a full size mock-up of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in his garage at his San Diego home where he would "entertain" guest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived