WNYW - FOX5 News - New Set on the Way - Estimated Debut May

Dk_mediaNYC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dk_mediaNYC said:

Fox 5 newsroom is moved and now in temp newsroom next door not sure if this means new set but who knows?

audrey also stated weather center moving

One birdy showed me a rendering of the set, they aren’t going with a big name designer. 

36 minutes ago, Dk_mediaNYC said:

is it going to look nice or cheaply done? you think based on the render? 
and it could custom design for new york? maybe?

I shouldn’t say render. Only a decent portion of the floor plan but it changed a bit with a last minute odd request.

And the desk is very unique. 

Edit: I should say that they didn’t specifically say that it was for WNYW but it was for a “larger market” that we have long trashed on here and is in desperate need.  So by deduction all the top four markets main stations have gotten new sets in the last five years, I assumed WNYW. It was supposed to launch last sweeps period but a lot of changes were demanded. 

8 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Was just informed home base is currently being moved to the other side of the studio,  described as and I quote “a crazy piecemeal clusterfuck.”

By that I should clarify, they aren’t receiving the set pieces all at once.  They wanted it piece by piece.

Too bad they can't seem to show any new-set love for KDFW.  They've had that same band-aids-and-lipstick-on-a-pig now for yeeeears.  And when Santa does bring them one, a vastly remodeled newsroom needs to be done as well.  Surely the ad revenue and ratings are there for it, plus however much $$$!!! that Fox will get from Disney also.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, east-tx-tv said:

Too bad they can't seem to show any new-set love for KDFW.  They've had that same band-aids-and-lipstick-on-a-pig now for yeeeears.  And when Santa does bring them one, a vastly remodeled newsroom needs to be done as well.  Surely the ad revenue and ratings are there for it, plus however much $$$!!! that Fox will get from Disney also.

KDFW needs a whole new building as well. Everything about their location screams dump.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, rkolsen said:

I shouldn’t say render. Only a decent portion of the floor plan but it changed a bit with a last minute odd request.

And the desk is very unique. 

Edit: I should say that they didn’t specifically say that it was for WNYW but it was for a “larger market” that we have long trashed on here and is in desperate need.  So by deduction all the top four markets main stations have gotten new sets in the last five years, I assumed WNYW. It was supposed to launch last sweeps period but a lot of changes were demanded. 

Could mean KDFW too. They’ve been using the same type of set that WYNW has 15 years now, like WNYW. They’re market 5. And we’ve trashed them on here too. Either way, both stations need new sets STAT.

4 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Could mean KDFW too. They’ve been using the same type of set that WYNW has 15 years now, like WNYW. They’re market 5. And we’ve trashed them on here too. Either way, both stations need new sets STAT.

No, right after I posted it the little birdie all but confirmed it.

It seems as if construction may have started. The main anchor desk and the couch set are still being used but many of the demonstration segements on GDNY are being directly in front of the news desk instead of off to the side like normal. They are also using the small area right across from the desk with the white backdrop and TV screen. 

This will tell the story what desk ie Ernie sitting at for the 6.....

I wouldn’t know about the morning show but at 10 they sit at the desk the whole time there is 4 an a half minutes total there not at the desk (unless there’s a live shot which is rare) and that is for the political breaking news story of the night which is the weather center and when they do weather that’s it and that last one kinda goes w/o saying.

• 2 weeks later...

My birdie is reporting they are moving to a real temp set this weekend, which is a scaled down version of their current one.  It’s in an other studio.  However parts of the new set are in place and may debut before its finished.

Archived