Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
MidwestTV

KDVR studio renovation

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

The anchor desk is so plain and the logo doesn't belong on it. It looks small market. I guarantee Nexstar will replace this with the Dalek desk. *cough*

 

50223102_383595828879149_7716454259650199552_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlYBXQSoSER3zIiP_9P1bcBVtyDvWDSa7eG6VTTycUUxDHsrEwbC4uv65WPhtXjVQ4&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-1.fna&oh=c033850aa985af732460972b7953da21&oe=5D30A6BF

 

THAT is the FOX21 KXRM news set. Only with the FOX31 KDVR logo on it.

 

If the Nexstar purchase of Tribune stations DO go through, it looks like FOX31 Denver could have the similar set design as possible sister station FOX21 in Colorado Springs/Pueblo. QUITE THE POSSIBILITY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

The anchor desk is so plain and the logo doesn't belong on it. It looks small market. I guarantee Nexstar will replace this with the Dalek desk. *cough*

 

50223102_383595828879149_7716454259650199552_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlYBXQSoSER3zIiP_9P1bcBVtyDvWDSa7eG6VTTycUUxDHsrEwbC4uv65WPhtXjVQ4&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-1.fna&oh=c033850aa985af732460972b7953da21&oe=5D30A6BF

 

Have you seen some of the newer sets Nexstar has rolled out? They've mostly moved on from using the Dalek Desk and have been using a more traditional anchor desk setup with its new builds.

 

As for KDVR, they'll tweak what they have, but will not get rid of the BDI set if they don't need to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 8:15 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

I guarantee Nexstar will replace this with the Dalek desk. *cough*

 

50223102_383595828879149_7716454259650199552_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlYBXQSoSER3zIiP_9P1bcBVtyDvWDSa7eG6VTTycUUxDHsrEwbC4uv65WPhtXjVQ4&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-1.fna&oh=c033850aa985af732460972b7953da21&oe=5D30A6BF


59cb61195c8a2a3ddaea59500a3633ef.png
 

Edited by Journalist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nexstar isn't coming in and changing anything to that studio. Tribune/KDVR just shelled tens of thousands of dollars to BDI to build it from the ground up. It'll be around for years. You really think Nexstar will come in, scrap it, and spend tens of thousands of more dollars to make them look like everyone else?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MidwestTV said:

Nexstar isn't coming in and changing anything to that studio. Tribune/KDVR just shelled tens of thousands of dollars to BDI to build it from the ground up. It'll be around for years. You really think Nexstar will come in, scrap it, and spend tens of thousands of more dollars to make them look like everyone else?

More like hundreds of thousands. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

Nexstar isn't coming in and changing anything to that studio. Tribune/KDVR just shelled tens of thousands of dollars to BDI to build it from the ground up. It'll be around for years. You really think Nexstar will come in, scrap it, and spend tens of thousands of more dollars to make them look like everyone else?

 

18 hours ago, rkolsen said:

More like hundreds of thousands. 

 

Yeah - this set's perfectly fine. The criticism is baseless and childish. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, morning traffic said:

Yeah - this set's perfectly fine. The criticism is baseless and childish. 

 

And you don't live Denver to make any judgement on what works well here. Ok? Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

And you don't live Denver to make any judgement on what works well here. Ok? Ok.

Yes. That's why I said that to me, it looks good, but I've never been to Denver so I can't judge the set from that standpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99% of sets with brick were ordered with the directive to "make it look like a downtown loft apartment". The other 1% are sports sets that are supposed to look like a baseball stadium. Looking around online, Denver does seem to have a lot of downtown loft apartments with red brick that looks like the fake red brick that's on the set.

 

Coors Field is also a red brick structure, and has trussing similar to that on the set. Very similar paint job too... 🤔

 

You can somewhat mess up brick on a set when you ignore particular type of regional brick, like Milwaukee's cream city brick. That said, WITI's WakeUp set uses fake red brick and constantly gets the highest ratings in the market for AM news. I guess nobody really cares about the fake brick on their set. Huh!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
16 hours ago, Weeters said:

99% of sets with brick were ordered with the directive to "make it look like a downtown loft apartment". The other 1% are sports sets that are supposed to look like a baseball stadium. Looking around online, Denver does seem to have a lot of downtown loft apartments with red brick that looks like the fake red brick that's on the set.

 

Coors Field is also a red brick structure, and has trussing similar to that on the set. Very similar paint job too... 🤔

 

Oh, it's definitely supposed to be a riff on LoDo architecture. The white cable thing above one of the video walls and in the weather center appears to emulate the Millennium Bridge:

 

denver-millennium-bridge.jpg

 

The more I think about it, the more I can't help but wonder whether the LoDo loft idea actually came from the old KWGN set, which was one of my favorites. I see some slight similarities.

 

35011246954_08ca66a715_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you look at that? There was more intelligent thought put into this than we all imagined. The argument now could be over implementation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.