KDVR studio renovation

MidwestTV

1 hour ago, MidwestTV said:

KDVR meteorologist Jessica Lebel posted this on facebook:

An April debut is quite a long ways off, so they either have something big planned or are needing to gut the thing to its bare walls.

Well let's look at it this way, how long did it take for WDAF to have their new set renovated and completed from start to finish?

2 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

so they either have something big planned or are needing to gut the thing to its bare walls.

Or they're just going to let it sit completed for a few weeks so they can launch it as a sweeps stunt on April 25th, when May sweeps start.

Stations really rather do that then rush to get off a temporary set.

• 4 weeks later...

KDVR's temporary set looks...familiar.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-21-at-10-43-06-PM.pn

The only time KDVR can't use KWGN's studio is in the morning, when KDVR decamps to the newsroom set. Aside from the poor lighting, I don't think the newsroom set has looked this good since when Fox first built the building.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-21-at-1-48-59-PM.png

CBlock: They only added the newsroom set in 2008 after they were purchased by Local TV, LLC. In prep for the move of KWGN into the KDVR studio facility.   Prior to that the newsroom was very rarely seen. 

The newsroom set always seemed tacky to me, and the lighting seemed misplaced, it diffidently didn't have the same feel as say WTVT's newsroom set.      I hope they get a bigger desk in the studio this go around.

45 minutes ago, DENDude said:

CBlock: They only added the newsroom set in 2008 after they were purchased by Local TV, LLC. In prep for the move of KWGN into the KDVR studio facility.   Prior to that the newsroom was very rarely seen. 

There was a set in the newsroom when the newscasts launched in 2000. It was not used for much other than topicals and the occasional breaking news from what I remember. I can't find any evidence online other than the video below, but it did have an anchor desk that was similar to the one in the studio, a few cameras, and a secondary weather/traffic area. It also had a big ring of tube TVs strung all the way around.

The best analogue for what it looked like is KRIV's newsroom set. Both KRIV and KDVR's buildings were completed at similar times and have similar layouts. KRIV, KDVR, and KTTV also all had very similar BDI sets in the early 2000s.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DENDude said:

According to Facebook the new studio & set will Debut at 11AM during the FOX31 NEWS @ 11.   This desk looks small too, like their old one. 

The actual news desk is fine, the overall set looks beautiful and I really think that KDVR picked the right time to renovate the set

5 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

The actual news desk is fine, the overall set looks beautiful and I really think that KDVR picked the right time to renovate the set

I think it's gross. It doesn't match any look or feel in Denver. We aren't that industrial.  It feels sparse and small market. I can see that they recycled a lot of the monitors. This isn't isn't going to wear well. I give them a 4/10 for effort, but the branding has gone down the toilet. The Fox Box is dated and doesn't have any cache is Denver. 

Joan Barrett needs to go. She's bringing Wichita  values to Denver. They don't mesh.

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I think it's gross. It doesn't match any look or feel in Denver. We aren't that industrial.  It feels sparse and small market. I can see that they recycled a lot of the monitors. This isn't isn't going to wear well. I give them a 4/10 for effort, but the branding has gone down the toilet. The Fox Box is dated and doesn't have any cache is Denver. 

Joan Barrett needs to go. She's bringing Wichita  values to Denver. They don't mesh.

Good point.  I think the set is beautiful, but I've never been to Denver, so I can't judge how well it fits the market.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I mostly agree. The problem is the brick and white framing. Replace the brick with something more blocky and more mountain-like and the look is improved. The main problem is the white framing.

27 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

I mostly agree. The problem is the brick and white framing. Replace the brick with something more blocky and more mountain-like and the look is improved. The main problem is the white framing.

The anchor desk is so plain and the logo doesn't belong on it. It looks small market. I guarantee Nexstar will replace this with the Dalek desk.

36 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

The anchor desk is so plain and the logo doesn't belong on it. It looks small market. I guarantee Nexstar will replace this with the Dalek desk. *cough*

50223102_383595828879149_7716454259650199552_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlYBXQSoSER3zIiP_9P1bcBVtyDvWDSa7eG6VTTycUUxDHsrEwbC4uv65WPhtXjVQ4&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-1.fna&oh=c033850aa985af732460972b7953da21&oe=5D30A6BF

29 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

The anchor desk is so plain and the logo doesn't belong on it. It looks small market. I guarantee Nexstar will replace this with the Dalek desk. *cough*

50223102_383595828879149_7716454259650199552_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlYBXQSoSER3zIiP_9P1bcBVtyDvWDSa7eG6VTTycUUxDHsrEwbC4uv65WPhtXjVQ4&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-1.fna&oh=c033850aa985af732460972b7953da21&oe=5D30A6BF

I think you might've just leaked WJW's Dalek Desk set.😂😂😂

Archived