New WXIA Set and Logo

rkolsen
Message added by Weeters

Please keep any and all logo mocks in the Graphics Dept. board.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2019 at 9:53 AM, rkolsen said:

What I’m wondering are there any buildings in Atlanta that have sloped roofs like the logo ?

Im just assuming this is a new logo as it’s on something official.   

Nope.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:50 AM, QuartermaineTriadCLT said:

UGH, 11 Alive is now "11 Dead".........

This is the worst case of a novelty name for the process that Tegna puts their stations through to bring them in line with corporate standards infecting a station, and yeah @TheRolyPoly, I am going to barf too!

The only reason that alive is still in the name, has to do with the failed rebrand back in the early 90s to 11 News.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:13 AM, TheRolyPoly said:

Two things...

01) Already 18 days into the year... worst logo of 2019, thus far.

02) Can I barf?

On 1/18/2019 at 5:28 AM, Info Junkie said:

I dislike it too. @NESTLEH showed it to me and I described it was “hideous.”

But whenever the set and logo go live, I’ll be updating the WXIA news open video.

I'll take this a step further, that orange box behind the logo is awful. It looks too cartoony to be a logo to take seriously in a top 10 market. Also, one has to wonder if this is only temporary, and maybe with some hope they are going to actually retire the 11Alive branding.

it's pretty sad when WJTV in Jackson Mississippi has a better new logo than you do. it's also sad when you used to compete with WSB and WAGA for ratings, and now you're just trying to fend off WGCL from overtaking you.

Also, what is up with that slogan? That's like something that Vinnie Politan would say, and he's already left the station. If this is the future for channel 11 in Atlanta, then it's a great time to be employed by CBS46.

WXIA's fall over the last decade has been really painful to watch; it will take a lot more than a new set, new, completely meh logo and a crappy new slogan to fix the problems at 11Alive.

1 hour ago, KentBrockman said:

Also, what is up with that slogan? That's like something that Vinnie Politan would say, and he's already left the station. If this is the future for channel 11 in Atlanta, then it's a great time to be employed by CBS46.

Well, longtime WXIA employees already seem to think that's the case: WGCL has actually poached quite a bit of their talent the last couple of years.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, NowBergen said:

I guess you never have been to NYC.  Citicorp building does.

Last I checked the station we are referring to is located in Atlanta, not NYC. @rkolsen was wondering if any buildings in Atlanta looked like that. Unless you think it would make sense for an Atlanta station to work into its logo the shape of a building in another city?

We need to contact Tegna Media, and say this... whatever it is to get ratings, its not working. All Tegna stations need to drop C Clarity and get respectable news themes from either 615 Music, Stephen Arnold, or Gari. If I could chave one wish, I would wish WFAA, KHOU, KENS, KVUE, and other Tegna Texas stations drop C Clarity and bring back Propulsion (V.2.) on WFAA, KHOU and have that theme on KBMT and KVUE; CBS Local on KENS, KYTX, FOX Affiliate Music (OSI) on Fox West Texas/San Angelo, and so on.

7 hours ago, Breaking News said:

image.png.631b82197da53c99affa5ed4754cab49.png

I saw this earlier on the app and social media, and once again TEGNA doesn't surprise me.  Total Trash!

This took me 10 minutes....it could clearly be refined just a bit.   They really could just replicate the KARE "11" across the group and the world would be a better place. There's a reason that still looks good after 25+ years.

Xia.jpg

1 hour ago, ttvn2000 said:

This took me 10 minutes....it could clearly be refined just a bit.   They really could just replicate the KARE "11" across the group and the world would be a better place. There's a reason that still looks good after 25+ years.

Xia.jpg

Your version is so much better than TEGNA's look and that should be embarrassing to them.

14 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

We need to contact Tegna Media, and say this... whatever it is to get ratings, its not working. All Tegna stations need to drop C Clarity and get respectable news themes from either 615 Music, Stephen Arnold, or Gari. If I could chave one wish, I would wish WFAA, KHOU, KENS, KVUE, and other Tegna Texas stations drop C Clarity and bring back Propulsion (V.2.) on WFAA, KHOU and have that theme on KBMT and KVUE; CBS Local on KENS, KYTX, FOX Affiliate Music (OSI) on Fox West Texas/San Angelo, and so on.

I personally think C Clarity grew on me. Give or take.

34 minutes ago, RETWorldwide said:

I personally think C Clarity grew on me. Give or take.

15 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Yeah, I don’t take issue with C Clarity as a whole, just certain cuts. 

2 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

Xia.jpg

At least these actually look like “1”s. 

There’s only one scenario I can think of where this logo would’ve worked: A pre-9/11 WPIX, seeing as this logo resembles the twin towers at an angle.

This rebrand is pure crap.  WXIA has taken this reinventing-the-news WAY too far.  I feel like their product has no substance. I don't know if I'd even watch it and I'm one who generally likes Tegna's innovation efforts.  I do really like their morning show, though.  At least the set is really nice.  

8 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

Xia.jpg

I agree with you, and I hope they don't mess with the KARE 11 Logo because it been a staple and define their brand.  What you did was way better, but IDK  what was going on with TEGNA & lost their marbles on everything.  Also, they're shooting a pilot newscast . You can be innovative, but they just want to turn their news into TMZ meets social media. 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/1/24/tegna-is-shooting-pilot-newscast      

Archived