Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
rkolsen

New WXIA Set and Logo

Shiba Russell has posted a story on Instagram of a new set. Today they were rehearsing but not much was seen and yesterday (I didn’t get a capture) she showed some work going on from the desk. 

88689CF8-190B-4EF3-B783-0B0258776096.png

Edited by rkolsen
  • Like 1

That was short lived for the prior one. And deservedly so -that TEGNA cost cut box was barely a set. Hope they get something more grand and traditional. 

• Like 3

Another set in almost six years along with the graphics??? 😕 what happen to 11Alive 

• Like 3

Their current set is a dog. Glad it's getting the heave-ho. Here's to hoping the new one will be better.

As sad as I am to see the jcbD classic go, the existing logo had become a poor fit for social media platforms and Tegna's logo system...

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 18.33.19.png

• Like 2

I like that new logo.  Bold and it works with the branding system.

As good as the jcbD logo was, it aged kind of horribly.  Some of the later Gannett/Tegna packages used it in not great ways.

• Like 2

Looks somewhere between the 11 used on KARE and the 80s 11 Alive 11, but not italic.

Was wondering if there was any shot they'd ditch that early 90s logo - never cared for it but figured it was in the market so long they wouldn't dare touch it.

Good for them - this is a better logo for television.

Edited by sfomspphl
  • Like 3

latest?cb=20110405130651

The logo looks like WPIX's logo from the mid-90s to mid-2000s. I like it too. Looks like something that could work today and last for the next decade or two.

Edited by Eyewitness News-man
Changed decade and added logo
  • Like 2

That is definitely a modernized nod to their past incarnation back in the 80s. I think it has staying power. As much as I liked the one they've had since the 90s, it was time for a change to something more legible.

• Like 1

I think it might be a bit better if there was the slightest serif on it, but are we just going to ignore that slogan? "Where Atlanta Speaks"? What?

• Like 1

Eh, not awful, but I agree with @MidwestTV that it would look better with a serif. Otherwise, if they were aiming for a non-serif, I would’ve just imported WHAS’ 11.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1

For once, Tegna actually did a decent logo. Granted, I would've preferred using the KARE "11", but considering how they could've went with the KTHV "11", I'm happy.

5 hours ago, rkolsen said:

New logo?

F6951669-B33A-4779-ACBF-91D1E9C87663.thumb.png.8e452891cba7f8471b96f85c084c5d18.png

Two things...

01) Already 18 days into the year... worst logo of 2019, thus far.

02) Can I barf?

• Like 1

What I’m wondering are there any buildings in Atlanta that have sloped roofs like the logo ?

Im just assuming this is a new logo as it’s on something official.   

Edited by rkolsen

13 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Eh, not awful, but I agree with @MidwestTV that it would look better with a serif. Otherwise, if they were aiming for a non-serif, I would’ve just imported WHAS’ 11.

Yeah I was thinking the same. More of a slope with the 11.

whas.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rkolsen said:

What I’m wondering are there any buildings that have sloped roofs like the logo ?

Im just assuming this is a new logo as it’s on something official.   

I guess you never have been to NYC.  Citicorp building does.

• Confused 1