Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Posted (edited)

The station I work for eventually will be switching to Bitcentral for news video editing. I'm not sure what all programs we'll be getting as they offer quite a few, but it will be replacing Grass Valley Stratus and Edius as well as the K2 Summits (servers) used for ingest of footage from the field, from feeds, and playout through the control room. Bitcentral seems to be pretty standard nowadays. Currently footage edited on a timeline is sent via FTP to the playout servers, and I'm certain this workflow is going to get streamlined. Anybody have any first-hand experience with Bitcentral? Does it suck, or is it good?    

Edited by H4UL4U
  • Like 1

The stations I've worked at within the past few years all had Bitcentral products. Oasis is the main software used to store/browse ingested/archived content.  Depending on the how Oasis is set up, it can make content sharing within a station group really easy as you can go in and request another station's archived video easily. The Media Encoder app is used to record your station's internal video sources. I don't think Bitcentral itself has an editing software as the stations I've been at used either Avid, Premiere, or Edius.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It has its quirks like every program but it is one of the easier systems I’ve used. 

Edited by who?cares
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PTVNews said:

I don't think Bitcentral itself has an editing software as the stations I've been at used either Avid, Premiere, or Edius.

They do. It's called Create, and it's cloud-based (like how pretty much everything is going). I have a hunch we will buy Precis to get rid of ENPS.

Edited by H4UL4U

30 minutes ago, H4UL4U said:

They do. It's called Create, and it's cloud-based (like how pretty much everything is going). I have a hunch we will buy Precis to get rid of ENPS.

Create is a very basic editor. You almost will have to have something else to edit. Précis is a playout server, not a newsroom system. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, who?cares said:

Create is a very basic editor. You almost will have to have something else to edit. Précis is a playout server, not a newsroom system. 

Good to know. I've noticed a lot of Bitcentral's product pages have a lot of buzzwords that make it hard to understand exactly what each one does, LOL.