Out & About

TexasTVNews

I knew there wouldn't be an external search. Here's the new anchor lineup:

5 p.m.: Toya Washington, Patrick Paolantonio, Mark Baden

6 & 10 p.m.: Kathy Mykleby, Joyce Garbaciak, Patrick Paolantonio, Mark Baden, Dan Needles

So Tim Elliott likely takes Patrick's AM spot, they get a new breaking news anchor from a smaller Hearst market. Joyce was anchoring weekends if I'm not mistaken, so they will need to find a replacement there as well. Here's the very long winded release.

I think WISN made the right moves here.

So they're going with a three anchor format at 6 and 10? Interesting.

So they're going with a three anchor format at 6 and 10? Interesting.

They have the two anchors at the main desk, and when available, a third anchor at the "breaking news desk" (the extra pod in the main studio).

Toni Valliere was previously doing the "breaking news desk" anchor job, at least for a while.

I've mentioned on my last post two weeks ago that WEVV is relaunching its newscasts this fall. CBS44 already made the hires of their evening/late news, not the station has now hired new

anchors for their morning and midday newscasts.

Shelby Coates will anchor alongside Mellisa Schroeder, and Jackie Brown will be their meteorologist.

Coates comes to WEVV from WSPA/Spartanberg, SC

Schroeder worked at KARK/KLRT/Little Rock, ARK.

and Brown worked at KXLY/Spokane, WA

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wevv-names-morning-team-for-launch/148706

KGTV (ABC-San Diego) Military Reporter Bob Lawrence is retiring after 33 years at Channel 10. During this evenings broadcast, Bob is showing some of his favorite clips.

This seemed to come up quickly, unlike the month long farewell to another 30+ year veteran Bill Griffith. I wonder if there is a move to clean out the old timers and if so, is Kimberly Hunt next to announce a retirement?

KGTV (ABC-San Diego) Military Reporter Bob Lawrence is retiring after 33 years at Channel 10. During this evenings broadcast, Bob is showing some of his favorite clips.

This seemed to come up quickly, unlike the month long farewell to another 30+ year veteran Bill Griffith. I wonder if there is a move to clean out the old timers and if so, is Kimberly Hunt next to announce a retirement?

Doubtful. Bill and Bob are both in their 60s, Kimberly is in her 50s. Plus, they are in a tight race with KFMB for 1st/2nd place on the 11pm news and I doubt they are going to want to make changes when they are pretty competitive.

Chris Hohmann updated his post to say Fred & Sheyenne Rodriguez (also a WTVD reporter) will be moving to Charlotte. No word on what station as of yet.

His last three twitter follows were Bill McGinty, Michelle Boudin and Dianne Gallagher, all 3 from WCNC

His last three twitter follows were Bill McGinty, Michelle Boudin and Dianne Gallagher, all 3 from WCNC

Well there you go. That sounds like a high chance clear move that Fred is moving to Gannett/Tegna's WCNC NBC Charlotte.

Yes there is a move to cut cost. If you are an oldtimer at KGTV you will accept a pay-cut...or retire. It's NOT a secret at KGTV

Forget the on-air retirements. KGTV recently blew out a 30+ year assignment manager(B.M.) who really held the entire place together and was the longest serving AE in SD. They also pushed Managing Editor J.W. August out ...the GMs assistant 30 years...gone.

The saddist thing at 10-News is having to answer the phone calls from the little boys and girls asking how come they didnt see Sky-10 over thier school lockdown or wild fire.

"I'm sorry Johnny, but Sky-10 flew too close to the sun...and it's not comming back"....

That is sad.

• Like 2

I have sad news to report tonight: WTVR anchor Stephanie Rochon is now gravely ill from her battle with cancer. She's been undergoing treatment for cancer for more than eight months. Since Rochon's absence, Candace Burns has been filling in for her on the 6pm and 11pm news. Please keep Stephanie and the WTVR family in your thoughts and prayers.

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/20/prayers-for-stephanie-rochon/

https://www.facebook.com/cbs6wtvr/posts/10152944705412426

https://www.facebook.com/BillFitzgeraldCBS6/photos/a.902574936427942.1073741825.177304145621695/987672831251485/?type=1&permPage=1

Makes sense if it's WCNC. WBTV and WSOC are pretty set anchor wise and I'd doubt he'd join WJZY or WCCB.

By the way, I've seen Fred anchor a few times because I have family up that way (NC) and didn't have an issue with him at all. Good get for 'CNC. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife took Astrid Martinez's vacant spot at WBTV, though.

I think KTLA's Kirk Hawkins may be auditioning for a job at NBC News. He reported on msnbc Wednesday and Thursday in addition filing reports for NBC news channel (I've saw he was at least KCRA.). I haven't heard anything about him leaving KTLA and was last on air Tuesday night for KTLA and other Tribune stations on the Santa Monica oil slick.

I think KTLA's Kirk Hawkins may be auditioning for a job at NBC News. He reported on msnbc Wednesday and Thursday in addition filing reports for NBC news channel (I've saw he was at least KCRA.). I haven't heard anything about him leaving KTLA and was last on air Tuesday night for KTLA and other Tribune stations on the Santa Monica oil slick.

I noticed that as well. I was a bit surprised to see him on KNSD on Wed. afternoon after he was on KSWB the previous night (wearing a KTLA branded jacket). I don't know why NBC didn't use their other freelance correspondents like Jennifer Bjorklund or Jinah Kim.

I noticed that as well. I was a bit surprised to see him on KNSD on Wed. afternoon after he was on KSWB the previous night (wearing a KTLA branded jacket). I don't know why NBC didn't use their other freelance correspondents like Jennifer Bjorklund or Jinah Kim.

I am assuming he's doing an audition because there are others they could have used. A while back before they hired Joe fryer they had him do a month long audition and he went back to KING for a month and then started full time.

On this Memorial Day Weekend; it breaks my heart to bring up sad news, but it is with a heavy heart I tell you that former KSAT 12/KENS 5 anchor Bob Salter has passed away this morning. The cause of

Salter's death is unknown for now. TVNT would like to offer our condolences to Bob Salter's family and to our friends at KENS 5 & KSAT 12 at this difficult time. Rest in Peace Bob and Godspeed.

http://t.co/JTluHwvMeN

WMC Memphis not airing the first hour of NBC's Monaco Grand Prix. Zap2it says it starts at 6:30am, but Comcast's on-screen guide has it for 7:30.

http://www.zap2it.com/rmp/tvgrid/tvgridprint?lineupid=USA-TN54558-X&tz=US/Central&time=0

7:30 UPDATE: Now WMC is airing kids' E/I shows. Looks like the race might be preempted. But Zap2it says it's being cleared in Nashville and Shreveport, which didn't air it last year.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic