Out & About

TexasTVNews

It was 20 years ago today that Baltimore mourns the loss of one of the most popular anchors in B-Town, were talking about the late great Al Sanders. Al worked at WJZ from 1972 til' his

death in 1995 of lung cancer. Al paired with his friend and colleague the late Jerry Turner from 1977 til' Jerry's death on New Year's Eve of 1987. Today we at TVNT honor Al Sanders for

all his dedication and loyalty to television news and his contributions to the city of Baltimore.

Godspeed Al.

Amen.

KSAT has hired Garrett Brnger as a reporter. As you may recall this was the same reporter who got into a fight at Hooters with Vince DeMentri back when they worked at WICS in Springfield, IL. The two were dismissed and so Garrett is trying to get back on his feet here in SA.

Also, KDVR has hired Mike Barz as the 7 and 10 PM anchor. I want to say the he and Tera Barz split up because she seems to be sticking in Jacksonville and a commenter on the facebook page of her PR firm called her "Tera Williams".

Stay tuned...

Can Media General run a cleaner slate than Scripps though?

I agree though WTVF is in a terrible position - it is regionally isolated from most of Scripps' portfolio AND a CBS affiliate for a company that has never had good relations with that network. Nashville is weird with so many "black sheep" stations with their owners due to all these acquisitions.

Not as weird as Las Vegas with Scripps, Sinclair, Nexstar and Meredith. I know it's early to tell what will happen there, but will Sinclair and Nexstar be able to keep the viewers at KSNV and KLAS, respectively?

News from KFMB-CBS San Diego...

Natasha Stenbock gone from the KFMB morning show and replaced with Kimmi Evans who was at XETV-6 CW. Portions of Stenbocks bio remain on the KFMB Website. Noticed the change on Monday Morning May-4th 2015

News from KFMB-CBS San Diego...

Natasha Stenbock gone from the KFMB morning show and replaced with Kimmi Evans who was at XETV-6 CW. Portions of Stenbocks bio remain on the KFMB Website. Noticed the change on Monday Morning May-4th 2015

She hasn't left. Natasha is on maternity leave and Kimi is taking her place temporarily. The job posting a few weeks ago mentioned that they were looking for a temporary weather anchor for the morning show. This is not to say that Natasha won't/can't decide later on to leave the station, but for now she is on maternity leave.

She hasn't left. Natasha is on maternity leave and Kimi is taking her place temporarily. The job posting a few weeks ago mentioned that they were looking for a temporary weather anchor for the morning show. This is not to say that Natasha won't/can't decide later on to leave the station, but for now she is on maternity leave.

So who has taken Kimi's place on XETV?

So who has taken Kimi's place on XETV?

Renee--supposedly. I am not sure if it's a permanent thing since Renee has gotten the short end of the stick several times now.

Sharron Melton has decided to leave ABC owned KTRK in Houston. She joined the station in May 2007 as morning co-anchor before being demoted to reporter which KTRK was disguising it as "anchor in the field" in August of last year. I knew she would be leaving after being demoted. Wherever she ends up next I wish her the best of luck.

Amy Carabba from KMAX (Sacto) Morning show spotted on-air at KSWB (Wx Model) over the weekend. She also did a stint at Fox-5 KVVU a few years back.

That should get them talking on Engineer Rd.

Was Evans a freelancer all these years?

Or is she now a freelamcer?

I don't think she was a freelancer at 6. She might be now, depending on what KFMB plans to do with the position.

Amy Carabba from KMAX (Sacto) Morning show spotted on-air at KSWB (Wx Model) over the weekend. She also did a stint at Fox-5 KVVU a few years back.

That should get them talking on Engineer Rd.

She's been at KSWB for a few months now. Since Brad is on the morning shift probably for sweeps, Amy has been filling in. The biggest change was KSWB not using Kyle Hunter anymore to fill in.

Legendary Baltimore news anchor is stepping down. Rod Daniels of NBC station WBAL-TV is is saying goodbye to WBAL 11 News after more than 30 years

on the air, Daniels will anchor his last 6:00 newscast two weeks from today. No word on who will succeed Daniels from the anchor desk.

We at TVNT wish Rod Daniels the very best in his future endeavor.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wbal-anchor-stepping-down-after-more-than-thirty-years-at-station/147672

Legendary Baltimore news anchor is stepping down. Rod Daniels of NBC station WBAL-TV is is saying goodbye to WBAL 11 News after more than 30 years

on the air, Daniels will anchor his last 6:00 newscast two weeks from today. No word on who will succeed Daniels from the anchor desk.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wbal-anchor-stepping-down-after-more-than-thirty-years-at-station/147672

One of the best from WBAL-TV and one of the best from Baltimore. He's in that Jerry Turner, Al Sanders, Jeff Barnd, Stan Stovall, Vic Carter, Denise Koch-kind of list.

One of the best and we'll miss him here at TVNT.

I guessed either here or DCRTV that he was burning off his leave before he retires. I do find it surprising that they allowed him to take time off during the first half of sweeps but I guess they were confident. Since Rod has been off for a while now I think they would have tried other cohosts with Donna on air by now. Except for a day here or there it's been Stan anchoring the 6PM and I think it should be his.

I don't think she was a freelancer at 6. She might be now, depending on what KFMB plans to do with the position.

She's been at KSWB for a few months now. Since Brad is on the morning shift probably for sweeps, Amy has been filling in. The biggest change was KSWB not using Kyle Hunter anymore to fill in.

Since Hunter had a knack for filing lawsuits I'm just wondering if that finally resolved one or both. Did he finally get a game show host gig?

Since Hunter had a knack for filing lawsuits I'm just wondering if that finally resolved one or both. Did he finally get a game show host gig?

Well, the lawsuits he filed were against KABC and KCBS/KCAL, never against any of the Tribune properties. So, I don't know if that played a part in it, or maybe they wanted someone who could fill in more regularly?

KFMB is running promos that Evans is the new AM WX Model.. The anchors on the noon show Monday also stated that Evan was the "new" wx person

Based on those promos I would say Evans has that spot for good, since I rarely see that kind of promo effort for a fill-in/freelancer.

True she is expecting twins, and she also was just married last October. better yet her new hubby brought 2 more kids into the relationship.

There is a very delicately worded post from Jeff Zevley about the situation, but there is no mention of what her furture at KFMB is.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/28028512/the-forecast-is-about-to-change-for-cbs-news-8s-natasha-stenbock

KFMB is running promos that Evans is the new AM WX Model.. The anchors on the noon show Monday also stated that Evan was the "new" wx person

Based on those promos I would say Evans has that spot for good, since I rarely see that kind of promo effort for a fill-in/freelancer.

True she is expecting twins, and she also was just married last October. better yet her new hubby brought 2 more kids into the relationship.

There is a very delicately worded post from Jeff Zevley about the situation, but there is no mention of what her furture at KFMB is.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/28028512/the-forecast-is-about-to-change-for-cbs-news-8s-natasha-stenbock

It's probably a case of waiting for her maternity leave to be over before they announce any changes. It's a very weird predicament to be in, that's for sure.

Sharron Melton has decided to leave ABC owned KTRK in Houston. She joined the station in May 2007 as morning co-anchor before being demoted to reporter which KTRK was disguising it as "anchor in the field" in August of last year. I knew she would be leaving after being demoted. Wherever she ends up next I wish her the best of luck.

According to this followup post on Mike Mcguffs site (http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2015/05/sharron-meltons-future-after-ktrk-abc13.html?m=1), Sharron Melton may return to the airwaves in Houston sooner than thought. She apparently is one of the few at KTRK that doesn't (or, in this case, didn't) have a non-compete clause in her contract.

At this point, though, I don't really see any openings at the other three stations where she might go.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic