Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Today was longtime WVEC weekend meteorologist Julie Wilcox's last day at the station

https://twitter.com/VARTV/status/536518283567333376

Classy lady; been watching her since she arrived way back in 2002. Her replacement has been named a few weeks back...

Also, here's the story on their website: http://www.13newsnow.com/videos/weather/2014/11/23/19442321/

Another Phoenix news anchor is out: Connie Colla' date=' currently at KNXV and one-time anchor at other stations (I know KPNX and somewhere in Philly), is going to start her own consulting firm.

What a week or two it's been in Phoenix. Can't recall this much instability in quite some time.

She was at WCAU. Fairly popular morning anchor.

It's two months late, but I've have some sad news to report. Former WPLG weatherman Walter Cronise passed away at his home in Jacksonville on September 20th at the age of 90. Cronise survived by his wife Dorothy, five children, seven grandchildren, and 14 great-grandchildren. TVNT like to extend our condolences to the Cronise Family and his extended WPLG Local 10 family.

http://www.sfltv.com/2014/wplg-meteorologist-walt-cronise-dies-90/

At KTVK, another anchor out: Steve Ryan is leaving to become the main evening anchor at KVOA Tucson, replacing Tom McNamara.

Meanwhile, it looks like KPHO's Heather Moore will be crossing over to the vacancy left by Carey Peña. My goodness, this is the most anchor movement I can ever recall at once in years following TV out here.

And if that weren't enough, our favorite purveyor of Phoenix TV news material, Jim Heath, is returning to the Grand Canyon State from WBNS (destination unclear).

WHBQ weekend morning anchor & reporter Kristin Tallent announced her departure from the station Today. She is taking a job as Public Information Officer for the Shelby County, TN School District, which should ensure she remains regularly seen on Memphis television, but now across all stations.

Lawrence Karnow morning & noon meteorologist at San Francisco CBS owned station KPIX is reportedly out at the station:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/lawrence-karnow-reportedly-out-at-kpix_b134997

Supposedly replacing him is Roberta Gonzalez who had been the weeknight meteorologist but was demoted to weekends when Paul Deanno arrived a couple years back.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but Jim Kosek is leaving KCTV to be the new chief meteorologist down at WGCL. He's only been at KCTV for five months!

Someone posted it in the Markina Brown thread, but he apparently got the job because apparently the new ND who arrived in September had worked with him previously at KCTV and another station I believe.

KTSM's Noreen Jaramillo will be anchoring her last morning newscast today. She will remain in El Paso with family.

WTAJ morning anchor Angie Koehle had her last morning at the station this morning. She's moving to Phoenix with her family. She will be missed by the station and by all of the viewers.

WTAJ morning anchor Angie Koehle had her last morning at the station this morning. She's moving to Phoenix with her family. She will be missed by the station and by all of the viewers.

Let me guess, KNXV will announce she will be their replacement for Connie Colla in 3...2...1?

Let me guess, KNXV will announce she will be their replacement for Connie Colla in 3...2...1?

My guess is no. She just announced she is pregnant and she already has a few kids. Her husband "was presented with an opportunity he couldn’t pass up" in the Phoenix area.

Any word on why KUSI swapped "Good Morning San Diego" hosts? Lisa Remilard was the weekend anchor and is now with David Davis during the week. Brandi Williams was the weekday anchor and is now with Dan Plante on weekends.

Any word on why KUSI swapped "Good Morning San Diego" hosts? Lisa Remilard was the weekend anchor and is now with David Davis during the week. Brandi Williams was the weekday anchor and is not with Dan Plante on weekends.

Probably ratings. It happened towards the end of October, I thought that Brandi was on vacation but then I saw her on weekends and I figured they swapped places. Good change though, Lisa IMO is a lot more energetic/engaging and better to watch, while Brandi comes across as an airhead most of the time.

Newport Television was fined $35,000. You read that right, Newport. The FCC took issue with KTVX broadcasting a private telephone call—without telling the other party that it would be broadcast—during an investigative report in 2012, during its ownership of the station. It was also fined for not responding in a timely manner to FCC investigative requests.

Big question: How can the FCC fine Newport Television, when Newport has been defunct as of June 1 of last year when they sold its stations to Sinclair, Nexstar and Cox?

Big question: How can the FCC fine Newport Television, when Newport has been defunct as of June 1 of last year when they sold its stations to Sinclair, Nexstar and Cox?

In Newport's case, their private equity firm Providence is very much alive and well, even though they have completely divested themselves of Newport's former assets. I think coughing up $35,000 is not a problem for them ;)

I would think that Nexstar would have been the responsible party, since they acquired the license of the station, and shouldn't the liability of the license transfer with change of ownership?

It would have to be the case if the former licensee no longer existed in any form...

Ladies and gentlemen,

...somewhat. The open still looks the same.

Watch out, this may be a concept identity in the next few days... That logo needs serious help.

I don't know if this was already brought up, but Julie Gargotta announced recently on her Facebook page that she has left WGAL for a TV News gig in Orlando, though it was not mentioned which TV station she'll be working for. She'll be missed here in Central PA.

last week (
).

No, they're nothing spectacular, but for a semi-satellite that covers an area where nothing generally happens, they're alright.