Message added by Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

It's official, KPRC has dropped the Local 2 brand, and called it KPRC 2. Their newscasts is now called KPRC Channel 2 News. In my opinion, I wish KPRC would call themselves NBC 2 and bring back News2Houston.

I wonder if others will be dropping the "Local" branding.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My c

Posted Images

Cleveland is one of "Dr." Phil McGraw's strongest markets and has been since WKYC landed the show. And Ellen is a powerhouse for them at 4pm.

(Seriously, Phil is as much a doctor as you and I are.)

Had it not been for the "non-compete" that Oprah and Dr. Phil had which forbade them from being scheduled over each other; WKYC would have likely scheduled Dr. Phil at 4pm. "Ellen" premiered the following year and has held the 4pm slot ever since. Even before "Dr. Phil", the 5pm slot was home for a slew of talk shows from Montel to Donahue.

As I mentioned in the No Emotion Box, TMJ4 in Milwaukee announced that the morning team of Vince Vitrano, Susan Kim, Brian Gotter, and TaTiana Cash will be pulling an "all nighter" following the Super Bowl, anchoring Live at 10 following the game and Live at Daybreak the next morning.

I've never heard of any other station doing this before, but it almost makes sense, considering Live at 10 probably won't start until 11:30-midnight, and Live at Daybreak starts a few hours later at 4:30am.

WFSB debuted new graphics that were inspired by the CBS O&O look , as well as a new set

Seems like The Land of the Three has outdone theselves again with the new set and GFX.

That cut with Enforcer NG4 with Advantage (IN USE since '90!) is nice!!!!

Now if they could lower their Circle 3 (been in use since '93, last revised in '04) when they form with the title on the open, that would be great.

(and on their bug, could TV3 they shift their wfsb.com bug with their Twitter/Facebook screennames, like their neighboring O&O Sisters, WBZ and WCBS, does?)

It's official, KPRC has dropped the Local 2 brand, and called it KPRC 2. Their newscasts is now called KPRC Channel 2 News. In my opinion, I wish KPRC would call themselves NBC 2 and bring back News2Houston.

They're going back to "Channel 2 News" again...

It's late '85 all over again...

(IMHO, They should go use the "CHANNELTWONEWS" style like they used from 1985-92...)

Longtime KTRK anchor/traffic reporter Don Nelson retiring from KTRK the end of this month:

http://abc13.com/entertainment/don-nelson-is-retiring/500580/

Also Vikki Taylor who also worked at KTRK and KRBE has passed away from cancer:

http://abc13.com/news/traffic-reporter-vikki-taylor-dies-after-battle-with-cancer/499339/

Congrats to Don on his upcoming and retirement and condolences to Vikki's family on her passing.

In the Miami market, WJAN-TV has lanuched it's 7am newscast presented by Luisiana Rios (She's still anchoring the 11pm newscast on this station).

the second Spanish local newscast at 7:00 a.m. after Noticias 23 al Amanecer en UniMas Miami (WAMI 69). Unfortunately, this new newscast is also an hour-long and its called "Arriba America," obvious with its name-sake.

First, one of three single-station Nexstar deals, the KASW one from SagamoreHill has been CLOSED.

They also named the former Director of Sales for the Telemundo Arizona stations, Denise McManus, as General Manager.

It appears they're staying at the KTVK facilities at 5555 N. 7th Avenue until May, according to the KASW info link at nexstar.tv.

You think they'll take the KPHO studio facilities?

I believe the Black Canyon studios of KPHO are too large and old (asbestos build, maybe?) for KASW to move in. I wouldn't be surprised if Nexstar found some space near the airport for the station, most likely near KNXV - that seems to be the new "broadcast row" in town.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/on-the-move-20415/140713 Larry Miller, A General Assignment Reporter at ABC 33/40 in Birmingham is moving to WUSA also as a reporter

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/warren-korff-named-news-director-at-wevv/140626 WEVV in Evansville has found a news director, 1 step closer...

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/hena-daniels-and-erika-martin-join-wpix/140665 Not Surprised here, lets see how long they stay here...

apparently i never saw this, WFOX and WJAX now have a weekend morning newscast, anchored by Erica Bennett and Meteorologist Erin Clanahan

A couple of things from Detroit:

WJBK FOX 2 has added Megan Spencer, who was last at WTVQ in Lexington, KY until 2011 as Weekend Evening Co-Anchor alongside Ron Savage. No word on if she will report during the week as well:

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wjbk-adds-co-anchor-to-weekend-newscast/140891

A producer at WXYZ made a bad decision Wednesday Morning when wording a post of the video of the Taiwan Plane Crash. The post triggered several complaints and a correction and semi-apology:

http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/11472/update_terribly_worded_post_on_crash_was_not_part_of_a_trend_wxyz_says#.VNP-0y7VrMr

apparently i never saw this, WFOX and WJAX now have a weekend morning newscast, anchored by Erica Bennett and Meteorologist Erin Clanahan

They've been airing a weekend morning newscast since COX took over.

WFXT FOX 25 in Boston is getting a new Sports Director. Tom Leyden is leaving his Sports Director job at WXYZ in Detroit after holding the job since 2012. He started at WXYZ in 2004 and will start at WFXT in April.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic