Out & About

TexasTVNews

22 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

If affiliates are dropping it, then certainly not. I'm pleased that WBFS dropped it as it opens up more local programming spots.

I don’t know they only original program I remember was flavor flav but besides that there just prime time syndie Network. Ion Television does better.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:31 AM, NowBergen said:

Does MyNetwork provide any value to any station group outside of Fox Owned?  It's pretty useless with repeats you can find elsewhere.

There's this article from when MyNetworkTV was two years into being a programming service, with this highlight from Nexstar CEO Perry Sook: "With MyNetworkTV, I get more inventory per hour than I would get from Fox or ABC, albeit at lower ratings."

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, TheRob said:

A little late, but Scott Reiss has moved from San Francisco and joined KCTV in Kansas City as sports director. He had been a freelancer at KTVU and worked half the year on Stanford football/basketball.

https://www.facebook.com/ReissKCTV

Good for him. He was one of the handful of people Fox laid off early in the pandemic.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 6:10 AM, LTSC1980 said:

Why did CBS owned WBFS & WSBK dropped MyNetworkTV?

The service is irrevelant and CBS wanted to program those two hours it couldn't within those two stations in those Top 20 markets.

They'll be fine without MNT. WSBK and WBFS deserve to be Independents.

MNT is really worthless. I won't miss it one bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

The service is irrevelant and CBS wanted to program those two hours it couldn't within those two stations in those Top 20 markets.

They'll be fine without MNT. WSBK and WBFS deserve to be Independents.

MNT is really worthless. I won't miss it one bit.

MyNetworkTV came into being in 2006 as a way for Fox to create a rival station to The CW, which was formed by combining CBS/Viacom's UPN with TimeWarner's The WB. MyNetworkTV stations were mostly leftover The WB and UPN affiliates from that merger, depending on the market...

These days, MyNetworkTV is now a lost cause, not only because it was demoted from "network" status to "program service" status, but also because of the current programming, of which MyNetworkTV is down to the bare minimum of programs...

The E.W. Scripps Co. had the right idea, when they reverted both WMYD-TV 20 of Detroit, Michigan and WACY-TV 32 of Green Bay, Wisconsin back to independent status. Doing so offered some more programming freedom for both TV stations...

On 10/2/2022 at 7:50 AM, kfc513 said:

There's this article from when MyNetworkTV was two years into being a programming service, with this highlight from Nexstar CEO Perry Sook: "With MyNetworkTV, I get more inventory per hour than I would get from Fox or ABC, albeit at lower ratings."

Wow… he just admitted that he like to make or throw away money with that statement.

On 10/4/2022 at 11:58 PM, GoldenShine9 said:

It's in a tiny market, but Gray has fired KNOP's News Director, Melanie Standiford, for actively promoting pro-life (or anti-abortion) causes. It's become quite controversial (and understandably so, in an extremely conservative area).

The woman is (or was) married to a err.....criminal (won't say what he did here...Google is your friend) and somehow, this is what broke the camel's back.  Not saying that anyone in the media should be bringing their beliefs into local news but her stance would be a bit ironic. That's all I have to say about that. 

Edited by ColtFromGulfcoast
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bsean said:

Spotted Anna Laurel filling in tonight on KFMB. Not sure if she's freelance or not (she doesn't have a bio on the site) or how long she been there as I don't watch KFMB terribly often.

At least she escaped the hellhole that is KUSI. They even called her a secret agent in a lawsuit. Like... what?! (Story from Feb. 2022)

https://timesofsandiego.com/business/2022/02/23/kusi-labels-ex-anchor-a-secret-agent-in-maas-suit-admits-viewing-private-email/

2 hours ago, Bsean said:

Spotted Anna Laurel filling in tonight on KFMB. Not sure if she's freelance or not (she doesn't have a bio on the site) or how long she been there as I don't watch KFMB terribly often 

Searching through the CBS8 website the earliest filing on-air for Anna was April 6, 2022. Lately she has been filling in alot for Marcella & Carlo.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Media_1904 said:

Searching through the CBS8 website the earliest filing on-air for Anna was April 6, 2022. Lately she has been filling in alot for Marcella & Carlo.

Hmm, she left KUSI quietly for CBS8. The former WTVD alumni. Hmm okay. 

On 10/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, Gavin M. said:

Hmm, she left KUSI quietly for CBS8. The former WTVD alumni. Hmm okay. 

Well, she too had a lawsuit against KUSI according to that Times of San Diego article.

1 hour ago, newscopter7 said:

Good Lord, bring back the Group W 2. 

is there anyone recognizable left at KD besides Ken Rice and Pompeani?

John Shumway and David Highfield are still there. How much longer that lasts remains to be seen, but as @Tylersaid, all the other greats have retired.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, tjt24 said:

John Shumway and David Highfield are still there. How much longer that lasts remains to be seen, but as @Tylersaid, all the other greats have retired.

Forgot about Shumway now that he’s in the morning. As for Highfield, he’s good, but he doesn’t fall in the same category as Rice, Stacy Smith, or Patrice King Brown. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1