Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Message added by Weeters

On 9/14/2020 at 9:41 AM, MikePulse said:

No fanfare. Tom Randles is gone from WSMV. I think there’s something in the water at Meredith corporate.

It seems that Meredith is indeed using the "effects" of COVID-19 to clean house of their older and more experienced (cough cough expensive cough) talent.

And they were just getting their groove on after their last set of management that pulled the plug on his co-anchor several years back, among other cutbacks and issues at the time.  Wasn't he the heir to Dan Miller's throne?

2 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

It seems that Meredith is indeed using the "effects" of COVID-19 to clean house of their older and more experienced (cough cough expensive cough) talent.

And they were just getting their groove on after their last set of management that pulled the plug on his co-anchor several years back, among other cutbacks and issues at the time.  Wasn't he the heir to Dan Miller's throne?

That was originally given to Bob Sellers before he was shown the door two years later.

• Like 3

Over at KSWB, seems like Brad Wills is the permanent late evening weather anchor for 6, 7, 10 & 11. I saw Justina Myers, who previously had been doing it (poorly I might add) was back to reporting. I'm not sure if there is a replacement for him in the morning as hardly anyone's bios say what shows they are on.

26 minutes ago, Bsean said:

Over at KSWB, seems like Brad Wills is the permanent late evening weather anchor for 6, 7, 10 & 11. I saw Justina Myers, who previously had been doing it (poorly I might add) was back to reporting. I'm not sure if there is a replacement for him in the morning as hardly anyone's bios say what shows they are on.

So is Chrissy taking all mornings shows with Aloha mid shifts and Brad in the evenings?

Liberty and Justina seemed to be the hybrids and fill ins.

1 hour ago, SFTV said:

So is Chrissy taking all mornings shows with Aloha mid shifts and Brad in the evenings?

I don't know, I'll have to see tomorrow. I don't really like Justina or Liberty doing weather... They are awkward at it. Aloha is doing midday.

Edited by Bsean
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bsean said:

I don't know, I'll have to see tomorrow. I don't really like Justina or Liberty doing weather... They are awkward at it. Aloha is doing midday.

I agree and Liberty is too into herself especially on Instagram. Don’t live for likes 🙃

10 hours ago, SFTV said:

Chrissy comes in at 5a to do the whole morning.

• Thanks 1

Capitol Broadcasting Company is buying WARZ-CD Smithfield-Selma, NC, broadcasting to areas between Raleigh and Goldsboro, for use as an ATSC 3.0 mux for its Raleigh television stations. (The APA allows them to move the transmitter and file needed modification applications, so I suspect that's coming.) And it ain't cheap: they're shelling out $725,000.

Edited by Samantha
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, Bsean said:

How come Aloha is off evenings?

7 hours ago, ED2 said:

How come Aloha is off evenings?

I'm pretty sure it was at her request. She had been off air for a while. She came back around the time when Jason Handman left, she moved into his spot and the evenings were vacant until now.

COVID-19 schedule disruptions are out of hand. (Olathe Northwest Ravens are a local high school football team)

• Haha 7

After two years, evening anchor Shelby Cashman is leaving KOAT to take over the morning spot on KOCO. This isn't her first time in Oklahoma City either.

This surprises me because I thought Alejandra Briones was next in line to take the morning anchor spot but at the same time, it doesn't as I saw this  eventually coming when Cashman left for KOAT.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, TheRob said:

COVID-19 schedule disruptions are out of hand. (Olathe Northwest Ravens are a local high school football team)

I have no knowledge of HS football in Missouri, but I’m not liking the Ravens’ chances in that one 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Breaking News said:

Lyle Banks as VP and general manager of WISC-TV, in Madison. Most recently VP and GM of Meredith’s WGCL-TV, Atlanta.

Probably why they are shrinking the sports department. I'm worried about what this guy will do being he managed WGCL.