Out & About

TexasTVNews

10 minutes ago, LTSC1980 said:

As the result WJLP is now in Weigel's hands, Jersey Matters with Larry Mendte aired last episodes on New Years Day, the NJNN's Facebook and Twitter  become silent since January 5. Maybe WJLP will clear MeTV schedule after all.....

There was an article in the paper last week.  Weigel has replaced the Larry Mendte show with another Jersey based show and states it will continue to expand its news presence, on air and online but not maintaining what Press Communications built.  Since Weigel owns MeTV, I would expect most of the schedule is cleared.  I read the article in the Record, but it is actually an Asbury Park Press story, a sister Gatehouse dba Gannett paper.  

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/new-jersey/2022/01/12/metv-owner-drops-jersey-matters-launches-new-jersey-politics/9156591002/

I'm surprised they kept her up for as long as they did. I know it's the top of the newscast and a main story they're covering, but they couldn't shift to the next report and give her time to regroup and then come back to her?

Also that accent of hers had me feeling like I was back home and I had to look her up. Sure enough, Tori Yorgey is a Philly-area native.

• Like 4

Don't send one-man-band reporters out to do live shots at night on the side of the road-- ever. I don't care if the director was slow in cutting the shot or if the anchor can't see the on-air monitor or if the reporter didn't have a vest. You can't send reporters alone for nighttime live shots, especially on the side of the road.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

I'm surprised they kept her up for as long as they did. I know it's the top of the newscast and a main story they're covering, but they couldn't shift to the next report and give her time to regroup and then come back to her?

Also that accent of hers had me feeling like I was back home and I had to look her up. Sure enough, Tori Yorgey is a Philly-area native.

Tori is headed to Hearst Station WTAE in Pittsburgh on Feb 1st, a station who always has photographers with their reporters. BTW, she should sue WSAZ and Gray for this.    https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2022/01/12/tori-yorgey-wtae-tv-reporter-penn-state-philadelphia/stories/202201120128

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, TheRob said:

Don't send one-man-band reporters out to do live shots at night on the side of the road-- ever. I don't care if the director was slow in cutting the shot or if the anchor can't see the on-air monitor or if the reporter didn't have a vest. You can't send reporters alone for nighttime live shots, especially on the side of the road.

Yeah...that was stupid. I hope the idiot who thought of that got cut. Absolutely stupid and dangerous. Glad she's still alive

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yankees4life said:

Yeah...that was stupid. I hope the idiot who thought of that got cut. Absolutely stupid and dangerous. Glad she's still alive

Trust me, the fact that she was sent to do her live shot alone doesn't really fall on anyone at the station. It all comes from higher ups who demand fat profit margins on a shoestring budget in an era of declining ad revenue. And manpower is always the easiest thing to cut.

This is pretty standard across companies like Gray, Nexstar, etc. especially in smaller markets. And while this has restarted the conversation, nothing is going to change. Hilton Howell or Pat LaPlatney are not going out at night doing their own live shots so they do not care. And unfortunately, people are going to forget about this rather quickly. It's not like the industry learned from the death of Adam Ward and Alison Parker, right?

And then the industry wonders why there's a "Great Resignation"...

Edited by sanewsguy
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Liz Collin has left WCCO after 14 years. The STrib sums it up pretty thoroughly.

I suppose she could stay in the business with her husband quitting his job, but that still feels like a really uncomfortable situation. I have in the past and currently work with on-air personalities with spouses in law enforcement (and even I've at least gone on a date or two with a cop, not that it ended well), but the wife of the police chief union during George Floyd seems like a pretty hard sell.

KTVT the CBS O&O in the DFW announced some changes to its anchor lineup.

Karen Borta moves from anchoring early mornings to anchoring the 4 pm with Ken Molestina. She will continue to anchor the 11am newscast.

Brooke Katz who currently anchors the 4 pm show and sports anchor/Reporter Keith Russell move to the anchor the early morning newscast. changes begin Monday.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/6192318-cbs-11-mornings-says-goodbye-to-karen-borta-but-she-isnt-going-far/

WTAE is switching up its weekday anchors in Early March. https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/tv-talk-janelle-hall-moves-to-mornings-on-wtae-as-part-of-shakeup/?fbclid=IwAR3ULZGoDVbizEAc_6BiilK-fXJasD2XGSNGdNY8CKynxY4XsEexehnFv84

Former 6 PM and 11 PM anchor Janelle Hall rejoins the morning team from 4:30 AM - 7 AM with Michelle Wright , Ryan Recker, Ashley Dougherty & Elena LaQuatra

Noon Remains the same with Elena LaQuatra and Ashley Dougherty/Jeff Verszyla rotating

4 PM Remains the Same with Kelly Sasso, Andrew Stockey, and Jeff Verszyla

5 PM is still Shannon Perrine , Andrew Stockey and Mike Harvey

6 PM now has Kelly Sasso with Mike Clark and Mike Harvey

Channel 4 did not announce who will anchor at 11 p.m. with Mike Clark but Shannon Perrine  would seem like the logical fit in this reconfiguration but WTAE general manager Charles Wolfertz III offered a statement suggesting the position is open.

Channel 4 also named Chandi Chapman the solo weekend evening anchor.

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

On 1/31/2022 at 1:04 PM, CarolinaWxGuy said:

Looks like KSAN's Chief Meteorologist is joining WHNT replacing Alex Puckett who went to WIAT.

A couple of transfers to another sector within the company from Nexstar there

Edited by Yankees4life