Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Message added by Weeters

35 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

On an unrelated note, it’s stunning that a station in Tennessee doesn’t have those call letters.

We do have at least four TV stations with "TN" in their call letters though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TriadMetrolinaNewswatch said:

The man himself (Romines) came from WTEN in Albany, so it could be interesting.

Romines came in during the reign of terror of René LaSpina when they tried to become a smaller version of WHDH with Scott Chapin and the dreadful opens of the period. When he got actual power, he took WTEN from a competitive #3 to being #1 in the market by investing in talent and newsgathering which Media General and Nexstar saw as worthy.

He's a good add and I think he'll right the ship. Remember, late 2000s WTEN was a debacle a few rungs ahead of "Hey Hey Carolinas".

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WTVD is refusing to air an ad from an anti-Trump PAC.

Edited by Georgie56

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I wish that political ads didn't exist. But seriously, WTVD shouldn't be forced to air anything they don't want to. I'm a Trump supporter, and if I owned WTVD, I wouldn't air any political ads from either side. They cause too much drama and conflict. Inform yourself. Don't let politicians do it for you.

Edited by 24994J
Improper formatting made it like this user's opinion was coming from the user they quoted.
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hankthetank23 said:

I wish that political ads didn't exist. But seriously, WTVD shouldn't be forced to air anything they don't want to. I'm a Trump supporter, and if I owned WTVD, I wouldn't air any political ads from either side. They cause too much drama and conflict. Inform yourself. Don't let politicians do it for you.

You would also be out of business.

Edited by ns8401
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hankthetank23 said:

WTVD should allow the inflammatory president to be outted as such especially when using his very own words.

Not sure why you felt the need to identify yourself as a Trump supporter at all to provide an opinion on this either... oh wait, yes I do.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

They have every right to do this especially if the ad is inflammatory and spreads information.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Some movements in Atlanta:

WSB-TV meteorologist Katie Walls is heading to Charlotte to work for Spectrum News, and her husband, reporter Ryan Kruger of WXIA is leaving as well to explore options in the Queen City.

Edit: Katie Walls' last day at WSB-TV is on June 21st.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/exclusive-meteorologist-katie-walls-leaving-wsb-for-spectrum-news-north-carolina/YOTQu3Sc0RSF6MFoeXlHcM/

Edited by AaronQ

3 hours ago, AaronQ said:

Some movements in Atlanta:

WSB-TV meteorologist Katie Walls is heading to Charlotte to work for Spectrum News, and her husband, reporter Ryan Kruger of WXIA is leaving as well to explore options in the Queen City.

Edit: Katie Walls' last day at WSB-TV is on June 21st.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/exclusive-meteorologist-katie-walls-leaving-wsb-for-spectrum-news-north-carolina/YOTQu3Sc0RSF6MFoeXlHcM/

Kinda weird to be leaving a powerhouse like WSB for spectrum news.

57 minutes ago, atlnews2 said:

Kinda weird to be leaving a powerhouse like WSB for spectrum news.

It could be a significant upgrade in the position, like from weekends to weeknights.

2 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

It could be a significant upgrade in the position, like from weekends to weeknights.

Pretty much correct - Walls will be doing weekday mornings in Charlotte. I believe Walls was mostly weekend evenings and a fill-in for other slots where the meteorologist wasn't able to make it. Having 5 meteorologists at the station likely made for slim chances of any promotion.

9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Pretty much correct - Walls will be doing weekday mornings in Charlotte. I believe Walls was mostly weekend evenings and a fill-in for other slots where the meteorologist wasn't able to make it. Having 5 meteorologists at the station likely made for slim chances of any promotion.

Especially with ATL Legend Glenn Burns still going and Brad Nitz being the heir to the throne over there, her odds were not great at least for several years until glenn burns hangs it up but you'll be waiting a while yet to move to weekdays

Posted (edited)

So a quick update, yesterday was Ryan Kruger's last day at WXIA 11 Alive.

Edited by AaronQ

2 hours ago, AaronQ said:

So a quick update, yesterday was Ryan Kruger's last day at WXIA 11 Alive.

Making the jump to WCNC?

9 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Making the jump to WCNC?

Not sure if his career plans are as set in stone as his wife's are, though staying within the umbrella could make sense.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, CircleSeven said:

So small follow up.

The FCC has greenlighted the KFNB (and satellites) Front Range transaction. But the KGWC (Big Horn) & KTWO (VIsion WY) is still pending.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:25 PM, CircleSeven said:

KGWC & KTWO was also greenlighted.

The deal of the Wyoming trio (KFNB, KTWO, KGWC) was completed 6/1, but the closing papers was posted yesterday (6/8).

I haven't seen anything more, but this tweet appeared today.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

WNCN and Raleigh’s CBS and Nexstar’s Owned Station, Is losing another anchor Felicia Bolton is bolting Raleigh for Nexstar’s News Nation on WGN America as there social media anchor based out of Chicago. She’ll Debut when they debut September 1st !!!Bye Felicia!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE34alFgq8/?igshid=ts5d24262wp7

Edited by Gavin

Longtime WTVY News 4 personality Ann Varnum has passed away at the age of 80.

https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Longtime-WTVY-personality-Ann-Varnum-passes-away-571180241.html

She was a longtime host of their morning program, and until a few months ago, hosted a seniors program on weekends.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/10/2020 at 3:50 AM, Gavin said:

WNCN and Raleigh’s CBS and Nexstar’s Owned Station, Is losing another anchor Felicia Bolton is bolting Raleigh for Nexstar’s News Nation on WGN America as there social media anchor based out of Chicago. She’ll Debut when they debut September 1st !!!Bye Felicia!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE34alFgq8/?igshid=ts5d24262wp7

In other words, she's getting a promotion within Nexstar.

Just now, newsbot said:

In other words, she's getting a promotion within Nexstar.

Yup that’s right, not even two years with the station and she’s gonna by Felicia!!!