Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Message added by Weeters

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

On an unrelated note, it’s stunning that a station in Tennessee doesn’t have those call letters.

We do have at least four TV stations with "TN" in their call letters though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TriadMetrolinaNewswatch said:

The man himself (Romines) came from WTEN in Albany, so it could be interesting.

 

Romines came in during the reign of terror of René LaSpina when they tried to become a smaller version of WHDH with Scott Chapin and the dreadful opens of the period. When he got actual power, he took WTEN from a competitive #3 to being #1 in the market by investing in talent and newsgathering which Media General and Nexstar saw as worthy.

 

He's a good add and I think he'll right the ship. Remember, late 2000s WTEN was a debacle a few rungs ahead of "Hey Hey Carolinas".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WTVD is refusing to air an ad from an anti-Trump PAC.

 

 

Edited by Georgie56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

WTVD is refusing to air an ad from an anti-Trump PAC.

 

 

 

I wish that political ads didn't exist. But seriously, WTVD shouldn't be forced to air anything they don't want to. I'm a Trump supporter, and if I owned WTVD, I wouldn't air any political ads from either side. They cause too much drama and conflict. Inform yourself. Don't let politicians do it for you.

Edited by 24994J
Improper formatting made it like this user's opinion was coming from the user they quoted.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hankthetank23 said:

 

I wish that political ads didn't exist. But seriously, WTVD shouldn't be forced to air anything they don't want to. I'm a Trump supporter, and if I owned WTVD, I wouldn't air any political ads from either side. They cause too much drama and conflict. Inform yourself. Don't let politicians do it for you.

You would also be out of business.

Edited by ns8401
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hankthetank23 said:

 

I wish that political ads didn't exist. But seriously, WTVD shouldn't be forced to air anything they don't want to. I'm a Trump supporter, and if I owned WTVD, I wouldn't air any political ads from either side. They cause too much drama and conflict. Inform yourself. Don't let politicians do it for you.

WTVD should allow the inflammatory president to be outted as such especially when using his very own words.

 

Not sure why you felt the need to identify yourself as a Trump supporter at all to provide an opinion on this either... oh wait, yes I do.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

WTVD is refusing to air an ad from an anti-Trump PAC.

 

 

 

They have every right to do this especially if the ad is inflammatory and spreads information.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some movements in Atlanta:

WSB-TV meteorologist Katie Walls is heading to Charlotte to work for Spectrum News, and her husband, reporter Ryan Kruger of WXIA is leaving as well to explore options in the Queen City.

 

Edit: Katie Walls' last day at WSB-TV is on June 21st.
 

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/exclusive-meteorologist-katie-walls-leaving-wsb-for-spectrum-news-north-carolina/YOTQu3Sc0RSF6MFoeXlHcM/

Edited by AaronQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AaronQ said:

Some movements in Atlanta:

WSB-TV meteorologist Katie Walls is heading to Charlotte to work for Spectrum News, and her husband, reporter Ryan Kruger of WXIA is leaving as well to explore options in the Queen City.

 

Edit: Katie Walls' last day at WSB-TV is on June 21st.
 

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/exclusive-meteorologist-katie-walls-leaving-wsb-for-spectrum-news-north-carolina/YOTQu3Sc0RSF6MFoeXlHcM/

 

Kinda weird to be leaving a powerhouse like WSB for spectrum news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, atlnews2 said:

 

Kinda weird to be leaving a powerhouse like WSB for spectrum news.

 

It could be a significant upgrade in the position, like from weekends to weeknights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

 

It could be a significant upgrade in the position, like from weekends to weeknights.

 

Pretty much correct - Walls will be doing weekday mornings in Charlotte. I believe Walls was mostly weekend evenings and a fill-in for other slots where the meteorologist wasn't able to make it. Having 5 meteorologists at the station likely made for slim chances of any promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Pretty much correct - Walls will be doing weekday mornings in Charlotte. I believe Walls was mostly weekend evenings and a fill-in for other slots where the meteorologist wasn't able to make it. Having 5 meteorologists at the station likely made for slim chances of any promotion.

Especially with ATL Legend Glenn Burns still going and Brad Nitz being the heir to the throne over there, her odds were not great at least for several years until glenn burns hangs it up but you'll be waiting a while yet to move to weekdays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So a quick update, yesterday was Ryan Kruger's last day at WXIA 11 Alive.

 

Edited by AaronQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AaronQ said:

So a quick update, yesterday was Ryan Kruger's last day at WXIA 11 Alive.

 

 

Making the jump to WCNC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Making the jump to WCNC?

Not sure if his career plans are as set in stone as his wife's are, though staying within the umbrella could make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, CircleSeven said:

 

So small follow up.

 

The FCC has greenlighted the KFNB (and satellites) Front Range transaction. But the KGWC (Big Horn) & KTWO (VIsion WY) is still pending.

 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:25 PM, CircleSeven said:

 

KGWC & KTWO was also greenlighted.

 

The deal of the Wyoming trio (KFNB, KTWO, KGWC) was completed 6/1, but the closing papers was posted yesterday (6/8).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen anything more, but this tweet appeared today.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WNCN and Raleigh’s CBS and Nexstar’s Owned Station, Is losing another anchor Felicia Bolton is bolting Raleigh for Nexstar’s News Nation on WGN America as there social media anchor based out of Chicago. She’ll Debut when they debut September 1st !!!Bye Felicia!!!

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE34alFgq8/?igshid=ts5d24262wp7

Edited by Gavin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Longtime WTVY News 4 personality Ann Varnum has passed away at the age of 80.

 

https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Longtime-WTVY-personality-Ann-Varnum-passes-away-571180241.html

 

She was a longtime host of their morning program, and until a few months ago, hosted a seniors program on weekends.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 3:50 AM, Gavin said:

WNCN and Raleigh’s CBS and Nexstar’s Owned Station, Is losing another anchor Felicia Bolton is bolting Raleigh for Nexstar’s News Nation on WGN America as there social media anchor based out of Chicago. She’ll Debut when they debut September 1st !!!Bye Felicia!!!

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE34alFgq8/?igshid=ts5d24262wp7

In other words, she's getting a promotion within Nexstar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, newsbot said:

In other words, she's getting a promotion within Nexstar.


Yup that’s right, not even two years with the station and she’s gonna by Felicia!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.