Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...
Message added by Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Recommended Posts

On 4/29/2021 at 8:35 PM, CircleSeven said:

Wow! Big news out of the Triangle. WTVD has announced two departures. 

 

Evening anchor Tisha Powell and Chief Meteorologist Chris Hohmann are both leaving the station within the next couple of months.

 

Hohmann will leave on May 28 after nearly 30 years at the station. While Powell will depart on June 30 after 17 years.

 

Follow up regarding Hohmann's replacement. 

 

Morning Meteorologist Dan Schwenneker will take over Chris's evening slots as the new chief beginning 5/31.

 

WDSU's morning meteorologist Kweilyn Murphy will take Dan's morning slot on Channel 11.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My c

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Follow up regarding Hohmann's replacement. 

 

Morning Meteorologist Dan Schwenneker will take over Chris's evening slots as the new chief beginning 5/31.

 

WDSU's morning meteorologist Kweilyn Murphy will take Dan's morning slot on Channel 11.

 

Does anyone know where the rest of their weather roster settles in, these days? Steve Stewart does weekend mornings, last I checked, and they hired Robert Johnson as weekend evening meteorologist, which seemingly displaced Brittany Bell, but she's very visible on their social media, website, and in a recent Local-ish/O&O weather special. She's filled in at WABC and ABC News, but doesn't appear to have a set show assignment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 24994J said:

 

Does anyone know where the rest of their weather roster settles in, these days? Steve Stewart does weekend mornings, last I checked, and they hired Robert Johnson as weekend evening meteorologist, which seemingly displaced Brittany Bell, but she's very visible on their social media, website, and in a recent Local-ish/O&O weather special. She's filled in at WABC and ABC News, but doesn't appear to have a set show assignment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/editdesk.wordpress.com/2020/10/09/qa-with-wtvd-meteorologist-brittany-bell/amp/
 

According to this article, 4:30pm and 5:30pm. I wonder if she handles the 12 noon show too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like WOFL anchor Charles Billi has left the station. His Fox 35 Facebook page and his bio are gone and he’s hinting moving back to his hometown of Tampa on his personal FB page. 

Edited by jerseyfla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerseyfla said:

Looks like WOFL anchor Charles Billi has left the station. His Fox 35 Facebook page and his bio are gone and he’s hinting moving back to his hometown of Tampa on his personal FB page. 

Stephen Hauck is also gone from the station. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

Stephen Hauck is also gone from the station. 

The station's actually been seeing a constant exodus since last year without many new talent coming in (like maybe two new faces).

They never did find a direct replacement for Bob Frier after he left last summer, and seem to have forced Kristin to lead the news at 4AM. 

Robert Guaderrama and Glenn Richards left in April.

Heather Gustafson left in March.

Mike Magnoli left late last year. 

Brian Scott also left last summer.

For a market like Orlando, the station seems to have quite a bit of turnover, to say the least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

The station's actually been seeing a constant exodus since last year without many new talent coming in (like maybe two new faces).

They never did find a direct replacement for Bob Frier after he left last summer, and seem to have forced Kristin to lead the news at 4AM. 

Robert Guaderrama and Glenn Richards left in April.

Heather Gustafson left in March.

Mike Magnoli left late last year. 

Brian Scott also left last summer.

For a market like Orlando, the station seems to have quite a bit of turnover, to say the least. 

It's tough to get some eyeballs in the newscasts if people are coming in and out. I imagine Orlando news TV ratings suffers due to this craziness

Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the departures at WOFL FOX 35, there's one coming to the Orlando FOX O&O. Courtesy of Mike McGuff (Houston TV Blogger); former KHOU Meteorologist, now KDVR/KWGN Meteorologist Brooks Garner joins FOX 35 as the new Chief Meteorologist. His first day is June 1st.

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2021/05/brooks-garner-joins-fox-35-wofl-orlando.html

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, jerseyfla said:

Looks like WOFL anchor Charles Billi has left the station. His Fox 35 Facebook page and his bio are gone and he’s hinting moving back to his hometown of Tampa on his personal FB page. 

According to Billi’s personal FB page, he left TV and took an area liaison job with the Tampa International Airport. 

Edited by jerseyfla
Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an f-bomb on WMAQ’s 10p newscast Friday night. Reporter Chris Coffey was doing his live intro on a mask mandate story when a man ran behind him and yelled “F-ck Joe Biden.” Coffey was obviously startled but apologized and continued. After his signoff, anchor Allison Rosati said she was glad Coffey was OK and that she hoped the man would apologize to him for what he did. 
 

Crazy enough, they didn’t even bother to bleep the word — or cut the report entirely — during the overnight repeat. Lazy. 
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Former longtime KMOV 4 News Anchor Steve Savard is making his debut tonight as the stations main anchor at Springfield, MO's KOLR 10 News (CBS) at 5, 6, and 10pm tonight with co-anchor Heather Lewis. Savard hired to replace David Oliver who recently left station this past February. Savard was the longtime Sports Director turned News Anchor at the St. Louis CBS station from 1994 till he was recently laid off last year in September.

 

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/local-news-local-news/news-anchor-steve-savard-joins-the-kolr10-evening-news-team/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, TexasTVNews said:

Despite the departures at WOFL FOX 35, there's one coming to the Orlando FOX O&O. Courtesy of Mike McGuff (Houston TV Blogger); former KHOU Meteorologist, now KDVR/KWGN Meteorologist Brooks Garner joins FOX 35 as the new Chief Meteorologist. His first day is June 1st.

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2021/05/brooks-garner-joins-fox-35-wofl-orlando.html

 

According to this post on Kristin Giannas FOX 35 Facebook page, weekday morning meterologist Jayme King is actually the new "Chief Meterologist" (while still being on in the morning), Garner will simply take Glenn Richards' old time slots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

 

Whoa. 38 years. That is one helluva run. I hope he has the happiest retirement.

I’m going to miss his annual Thank God For Kids segment every Christmas time. I have never lived in the DFW area but I watch it on WFAA’s website every year. Dale is the one of the last great local sports anchors that will tell it like it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.