Out & About

TexasTVNews

9 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

If they hadn’t got the new Fox O&O graphics last January right before the sale went through, they likely would’ve got the Nexstar graphics about the time they got the website.

I like the current FOX graphics package, but I am unfamiliar with the Nexstar version. But the Nexstar graphics on WSPA are a bit large and overbearing. I get both WJZY and WSPA OTA in Spartanburg with a very strong signal, as WJZY recently boosted their power post repack. But my preference from Charlotte is WSOC then WBTV, and fortunately WSOC has a western translator. WBTV also has a strong signal here, just like a local, and I can also get WCNC. But WYFF is the much better NBC affiliate. But both WSOC and WYFF coud use a new set, IMO, as they both look a bit dated. The new set Hearst built for WXII is very nice.

25-year Iowa weather veteran Kurtis Gertz is retiring from KCCI this May.

https://www.kcci.com/article/kcci-storm-team-8-chief-meteorologist-kurtis-gertz-to-depart-kcci/35540033

Replacement? -->

"While the search is on-going for his replacement, viewers can count on KCCI’s meteorologists Kelley Moody, Metinka Slater, Jason Sydejko and Bree Sullivan."

Frank Wiley has left WEWS from his role as reporter and 5pm co-anchor this past Friday.  He announced he's moving to Tampa for a role on a morning newscast, though he did not say which station he's going to.

He's not the only person to leave the station as weekend morning meteorologist Bryan Shaw left several weeks ago.  He plans to stay in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, CLETVFan said:

Frank Wiley has left WEWS from his role as reporter and 5pm co-anchor this past Friday.  He announced he's moving to Tampa for a role on a morning newscast, though he did not say which station he's going to.

I'm throwing my bets on WTSP. The station's former male Brightside anchor, Rob Finnerty, left in November. He also follows numerous WTSP people on socials.

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 1

Rob Finnerty is now over at Newsmax, where he is also doing the morning news. 

Ironically, Rob was briefly paired with Jackie Fernandez on the morning show at WTSP after she left WEWS (she wasn't at the Cleveland station long and her departure got a lot of press).

On 2/23/2021 at 11:40 PM, nbc9houston said:

Former CBS News correspondent Maggie Rodriguez has joined WFLA-TV in Tampa, where she has been named the new co-host of their local program Daytime.

https://www.wfla.com/daytime/maggie-rodriguez-named-co-host-of-daytime/ 

Well congratulations to her! I missed watching her on tv. I think CBS did her a disservice when they got rid of her in 2010. She was one of their better anchors on the now defunct The Early Show. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 11:40 PM, nbc9houston said:

Former CBS News correspondent Maggie Rodriguez has joined WFLA-TV in Tampa, where she has been named the new co-host of their local program Daytime.

https://www.wfla.com/daytime/maggie-rodriguez-named-co-host-of-daytime/ 

That show loves having national "has beens" as hosts!  Dave Nemeth, Jerry Penacoli, and now Maggie Rodriguez!

Edited by jerseyfla

3 hours ago, Glimmer said:

Former WITI morning anchor Nicole Koglin is joining WDJT in a mostly behind the scenes role as director of strategic initiatives, which will also see her frequently make on-air appearances

A reunion of sorts with Jessob Reisbeck. Nice to know she's employed again. 

2 hours ago, DENDude said:

Sports Director Arran Andersen left KUSA & KTVD at the end of December & is now freelancing.   He joined KUSA/KTVD in October 2019 after Drew Soicher's contract wasn't renewed. 

He'll probably land at KDVR|KWGN where his WNCN GM now is.

5 hours ago, newsbot said:

WCSH reporter Shannon Moss will become the next spokesperson for the Maine State Police
https://www.pressherald.com/2021/03/04/well-known-tv-reporter-will-replace-long-time-voice-of-the-maine-state-police/

Usually the spokesman for any law enforcement agency is an officer themselves so this is different. 

6 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

Usually the spokesman for any law enforcement agency is an officer themselves so this is different. 

She's married to a Portland police officer so she has a degree of familiarity with cop life. Her predecessor in the gig (notwithstanding the current interim spokesperson) was also an ex-broadcaster and served in the position for 32 years.

Edited by newsbot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greggo said:

The Blake McCoy saga at Fox’s WTTG has gotten even more bizarre. His bio has been removed after a sex video was posted to his Instagram. McCoy initially said a friend was responsible for posting. 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/3/6/now-the-bio-is-gone

To quote one Jasmine Masters, AND I OOP...