Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...
Message added by Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Meteorologist Laura Velasquez is coming back home to Grand Rapids, MI as a meteorologist for WXMI -- she's taking over for Ty Shesky who is leaving the business... 

 

She previously worked for WOOD, then KDVR, then Weather Nation

 

https://twitter.com/FOX17/status/1357822561032105984?s=20

 

Laura was at AccuWeather not Weather Nation. Also she was at KDVR for 3 months. It was brief. When she was offered AccuWeather, she couldn't pass up the opportunity to move to PA.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My c

"...To Another Channel!"

Posted Images

On 6/19/2020 at 3:18 PM, TexasTVNews said:

Prayers are going out to former New York and current Harrisburg, PA anchor Robb Hanrahan of CBS 21 (WHP) who had suffered a massive heart attack yesterday. He's recovering in the ICU after a second surgery. Thoughts are with The Hanrahan Family and Robb's colleagues at CBS 21, and prayers for a full recovery to Robb and to his family at this difficult time.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/06/cbs-21-anchor-robb-hanrahan-still-in-icu-but-made-a-nice-step-after-heart-attack-wife-says.html

 

Big Follow up.

 

Months after suffering a heart attack, Robb Hanrahan has announced his retirement from WHP.

 

Edited by CircleSeven
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a few comings in North Carolina.

 

In Asheville, WLOS ABC 13 hired former WFTV anchor/reporter Ty Russell as the stations evening anchor at 6:30, 10 & 11pm with Tammy Watford and Holly Headrick. Russell will also work on News 13 Investigates.

 

And in Raleigh, WRAL NBC 5 hired Michelle Mackonochie as the morning anchor and reporter. Shoe joined the station at the beginning of the month, came from CBS station WINK/Ft. Myers, FLA. Mackonochie's uncle is Bill Diehl, who's a correspondent at ABC News Radio in New York.

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

Another month, another anchor leaving WNYT (and television altogether).

 

This makes four anchors to leave in not even three months. Something...is going on there.

I wouldn't say something is going on there. Kambrich left to move to NYC, where his wife is now working. Tararache left to go into management so she could get better hours to spend more time with her family. Stackel is changing careers, and based on his announcement (which I posted in this thread a few days ago), it was also about the hours. "It's just, the two am wake-up call and the six pm bedtime became too much. There are no good hours in the news business. "

 

All three of these seem like personal/life decisions. It's just that all three came within a short time makes it seem like more than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottJ said:

I wouldn't say something is going on there. Kambrich left to move to NYC, where his wife is now working. Tararache left to go into management so she could get better hours to spend more time with her family. Stackel is changing careers, and based on his announcement (which I posted in this thread a few days ago), it was also about the hours. "It's just, the two am wake-up call and the six pm bedtime became too much. There are no good hours in the news business. "

 

All three of these seem like personal/life decisions. It's just that all three came within a short time makes it seem like more than that.


Four. Jill Konopka took a "dream job" (which seems to be outside TV) in Boston though she seems to tweet like she's still a journalist. Perhaps it's a stepping stone of sorts, Boston is one of those markets full of alumni from Albany stations.

 

If this was anyone else on the morning team or any of the remaining veteran anchors, I'd be a bit concerned. There is a huge chasm between "market vets" and "twentysomething kids" on both fronts there.

Edited by scrabbleship
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRob said:

 

 

Kinda makes you miss the days of control rooms warmed by the many cathode-ray tubes... and no salvation under the hot studio lights anymore, they've all gone LED! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites

KAGS, the Tegna-owned NBC affiliate in Bryan/College Station, Texas, was unable to do the news yesterday because they lost power as a result of the unprecedented winter storm. It appears they aren’t going to be able to do the news again tonight ... and their chief meteorologist isn’t happy about it:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Greggo said:

KAGS, the Tegna-owned NBC affiliate in Bryan/College Station, Texas, was unable to do the news yesterday because they lost power as a result of the unprecedented winter storm. It appears they aren’t going to be able to do the news again tonight ... and their chief meteorologist isn’t happy about it:

 

 

I don't know why some media outlets don't have generators these days. One of the local radio owners in my town has had a few power outages, and with multiple stations, that means they all go down at the same time, sometimes for hours on end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Ann Wyatt Little has permanently replaced Morgan Norwood on Good Day Charlotte. https://www.instagram.com/p/CLSvim3p9ew/?igshid=at1slt5v4a7v

A short tenure as apparently Morgan Norwood was released after accidentally using the F-word on the air. They had moved longtime morning host Page Fehling to the new noon and 4pm newscasts, and Norwood was the replacement on the morning show. She was a recent hire from ABC O&O WTVD in Raleigh/Durham. Not sure why Nexstar wanted to risk changing an established talent mix in the morning, where Page Fehling and Jason Harper had good chemistry, and they released former WBTV anchor Brigida Mack and veteran traffic reporter Chuck Roads as strong support personalities. Not sure the logic here, but Ann Wyatt Little is a nice addition going forward. And apparently Nexstar may be building a new set for WJZY, as they are currently broadcasting from the newsroom rather than the studio. Ann Wyatt Little had tweeted that they were under renovation. But the current set with the scenic skyline backdrop was relatively new, as built by former owner FOX just a few years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tylerSC said:

A short tenure as apparently Morgan Norwood was released after accidentally using the F-word on the air. They had moved longtime morning host Page Fehling to the new noon and 4pm newscasts, and Norwood was the replacement on the morning show. She was a recent hire from ABC O&O WTVD in Raleigh/Durham. Not sure why Nexstar wanted to risk changing an established talent mix in the morning, where Page Fehling and Jason Harper had good chemistry, and they released former WBTV anchor Brigida Mack and veteran traffic reporter Chuck Roads as strong support personalities. Not sure the logic here, but Ann Wyatt Little is a nice addition going forward. And apparently Nexstar may be building a new set for WJZY, as they are currently broadcasting from the newsroom rather than the studio. Ann Wyatt Little had tweeted that they were under renovation. But the current set with the scenic skyline backdrop was relatively new, as built by former owner FOX just a few years ago.

Yeah Morgan’s F bomb was brought up in the Nexstar thread. I posted about the potential new set in the graphics section of the Discord server. And I suspect that the Nexstar Fox graphics package might be coming with that new set.

 

I think Page likes being able to spend more time with her family. Now she can take her kids to school. She now has a schedule better suited for a married woman with children. But you’re right. Ann will do a good job though.

 

But why do they need TWO meteorologists at noon and 4? That’s the head scratcher to me.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Yeah Morgan’s F bomb was brought up in the Nexstar thread. I posted about the potential new set in the graphics section of the Discord server. And I suspect that the Nexstar Fox graphics package might be coming with that new set.


I thought they syndicated the graphics package it to other Nexstar Fox Stations, it would've gave Nexstar FOX stations big and small a good look make feel them feel in the big leagues. I thought KTVI the first non-FOX O&O station owned by Nexstar as one of Nexstars FOX O&O would get it then Indianapolis but they all ended up adopting the Nexstar FOX graphics package. I did in-vision them getting the Nexstar FOX Graphics Package, after getting purchased didn't think it take this long. They need a new set badly I thing they only built it for good day and other newscasts couldn't suit the set weird positions for evening newscasts. Then the refresh wasn't great either it just got up for the evening newscasts. And of course the dancing area for Nick Kosir, who should go to LA like Bill Melugin is now.  They need a newscast serious set that fit all newscasts. And for Morgan she having that AJ Clemente moment in North Dakota he was out of the news business for three years working as a waiter before headed back to TV news for NBC Delmarva, Delaware (I don't think he still there). But she might have to do that go back into journalism climb up smaller market before headed back to Raleigh

Edited by Gavin
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gavin said:


i thought they syndicated it to other Nexstar Fox Station, it would've gave Nexstar FOX stations big and small a good look make feel them feel in the big leagues. I thought KTVI the first non-FOX O&O station owned by Nexstar as one of Nexstars FOX O&O would get it then Indianapolis but they all ended up adopting the Nexstar FOX graphics package. I did in-vision them getting the Nexstar FOX Graphics Package, after getting purchased didn't think it take this long. They need a new set badly I thing they only built it for good day and other newscasts couldn't suit the set weird positions for evening newscasts. Then the refresh wasn't great either it just got up for the evening newscasts. And of course the dancing area for Nick Kosir, who should go to LA like Bill Melugin is now.  They need a newscast serious set that fit all newscasts.

If they hadn’t got the new Fox O&O graphics last January right before the sale went through, they likely would’ve got the Nexstar graphics about the time they got the website.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nelson R. said:

If they hadn’t got the new Fox O&O graphics last January right before the sale went through, they likely would’ve got the Nexstar graphics about the time they got the website.

 Just updated the post to Norwood, all her accounts on Instagram are gone Instagram is private, along with her Twitter page Facebook her page is removed. Her LinkedIn is still there.

20 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Yeah Morgan’s F bomb was brought up in the Nexstar thread. I posted about the potential new set in the graphics section of the Discord server. And I suspect that the Nexstar Fox graphics package might be coming with that new set.

 

I think Page likes being able to spend more time with her family. Now she can take her kids to school. She now has a schedule better suited for a married woman with children. But you’re right. Ann will do a good job though.

 

But why do they need TWO meteorologists at noon and 4? That’s the head scratcher to me.


They do it in a lot of markets, here in Raleigh too. For the early evening news like 4 P.M. and Noon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.